- Chozo Sanctuary
- → Most Yeah!'d Content
Most Yeah!'d Content
Posted by Fushigisaur on 12 November 2015 - 07:28 PM
Anyway, you may have noticed I'm a very... private person. I never participate in voice chat, I'm wary to use any online features that specifically identify me, I have a habit of using character miis as opposed to my own personal one, and so on. You guys deserve to know why.
I had hoped it would not come to this, but after a few awkward situations which were resolved by PM, I'd rather avoid any more awkward situations in the future.
YOu guys know me as female, and that is true as far as I'm concerned- but there's a bit more to it. I'm still... in training, so to speak. To put it bluntly, I'm trans. I never meant to deceive anyone, but this is the first and only place where no one knows who I was before. I wanted to cherish that. But I don't think it's very good to do so for much longer.
To go into a bit more detail, I was born male. Transitioning to female. I'm still very early in the process... Which is to say I've barely even begun. It's a goal, but I don't exactly have the resources to pursue a transition at this time. I'm keeping my family out of it, personal issues, but as I'm not entirely independent of them yet it's a bit difficult to work around them without drawing attention. Hence why I'm not able to ever be full female at home... yet here, that's all you guys know of me, so I have to. It puts me in a bit of an awkward situation, but hopefully not anymore.
I hope you guys still accept me after this... but if you don't, I'm okay. I want everyone to see this, but then I want it buried. It's something you should know, but not exactly something I want broadcasted 24/7. I want to just be female, plain and simple- not to broadcast the trans* part of it.
If any of you have any questions, I'll answer them as best I can... I hope you understand.
Posted by Prowl 1701 on 09 July 2016 - 11:30 PM
Top 25 Things That Are Currently Annoying Me List
1. This "Buford" guy, he seems to be all over the forum.
2. Finally getting certified to work in a new field and then finding out nobody is hiring
3. 2016 seems to be the year of everybody shooting everybody. Madness
4. Not one of you fuckers wished me happy birthday
5. Mighty No. 9 sucked
6. Actually having to practice at Overwatch to get better at it (the very idea!)
7.Waiting for the lightsaber I ordered back in March to come back in stock.
8.The zombie hookers that keep trying to give me blowjobs
9.Having to wait until the end of September to go kayaking again. Love kayaking.
10. Days Gone and the new Spider Man being PS 4 exclusives
11. Nintendo not doing more DLC for Mario Kart 8.
12. Having to choose between having some free time or having extra money to play with.
13. Writing lists
14. My roommate and his GF not having any understanding of how a light switch works apparently.
15. Seriously, why are the lights always on when I get home and NO ONE ELSE IS THERE!!!
16. Plant not recognizing the awesomeness of The Exorcist.
17. Where the fuck is spameroo?!
18. The new Titans Return Transformers line taking forever to get to MS.
19. The fact that either Trump or Clinton will be President.
20. People that drive 30 mph on a 40 mph speed limit road. (I just want to run them into a ditch.)
21. Young people that look confused when I try to explain to them how awesome A Flock of Seagulls is.
22. Young people that look confused.when I try to explain to them who A Flock or Seagull is.
23. Crimson Tide fans
24.Co-workers that don't understand basic common sense.
25. Running out of toilet paper and realizing that my roommate has taken my last roll of toilet paper.
Top Ten Things I Absolutely Love Right Now List.
1. The guy right behind me when I'm driving, that has his brights on because he somehow knows that I want to read.
2. Plants level-headed concise well thought out calm posts about anything that causes a debate on the forum.
3. Police road blocks at 3:00 in the afternoon.
4. That guy out in the parking lot in front of my apartment, that blares his rap music with the bass all the way up just so I can jam out while I'm trying to sleep.
5. Those wonderful 4th of July fireworks that people were doing all the way from July the 2nd to July the 7th.
6. That 110 Degrees heat index that is ever so much fun in the MS summer, because sweating is fun!
7. That guy whose turn signal has apparently been on since 1985. It's good to know that he eventually plans to turn left.
8. My family letting me know at the last minute that I have to help them with several time consuming errands. Thus giving me the opportunity to spend more time with them. There is nothing like spending time with family.......I hope.
9.Overwatches awesome and super fair Bastion character. He's easily the most balanced character in the game. I'm astounded that he ever gets kill of the game. I love his turret mode, he can't move, and that puts him at such a disadvantage, only fools use it.
10. That wonderful new Metroid game that is exactly what Metroid fans wanted and will usher in a new age of Metroid fans to the series. Prime will be the first one in line come launch day!
Top Five Games I am Playing Right Now List
1. Mega Man *series* (always tops my list)
3. Mario Kart 8
4. Halo 4 (co op)
5. Hydro Thunder Hurricane
Top Five Games I am Hyped For List
1. Mafia III
2. Song of the Deep
3. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
4. Left 4 Dead 3 (it will happen, IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!) *there's the nurse with the sedative again......*
5. A metroid game that doesn't suck (it could happen, IT COULD HAPPEN!!!)
Top Ten Reasons I'm Making these Lists List
1. I'm bored
2. I haven't done one in a while
3. None of you thought of me on my birthday?!
4. Morgil will at least get a chuckle out of it.
5. I can fuck with Plant
6. Maybe Spam will come back to read it (I can dream!)
7. Reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaalllllllllllyyyyy bored
8. I needed a break from Overwatch pissing me off
9. I like to make sure every knows I'm not dead.
10. I'm coasting on the nostalgia of when these were actually funny.
HAPPY 10 YEARS CHOZO SANCTUARY!!!!!!!
I consider all of you friends.
Posted by torgo on 04 January 2015 - 09:37 AM
The Amiibo Hunt
Interested in amiibo? Did you just buy a new house to contain your expanding collection? Then subscribe to this thread! Its purpose is to be a clearing house for availability/deals/tips/trades for amiibo. Find a rare amiibo available somewhere? Post it here! End up with an extra one that someone else might want? Let everyone know! Need that special amiibo and are willing to pay shipping? Ask for it here!
I'll endeavor to keep this first post updated with two things: Tools and resources for tracking down and checking availability of amiibo, and a list of who wants what, for anyone who's out and about and comes across a motherlode. It's left up to individuals to arrange shipment/payment, though. Please play nice, this isn't eBay.
Post your resources and info, along with wants and haves, and I'll update this post as I can.
Stores that you wouldn't expect amiibo to be in
Tools and Resources
- Someone wrote a script that tweets whenever stock or prices change on amiibo at Amazon. Follow @amiibo_tracker to get updates.
- amiibo subreddit (Lots of good info/insight. Clearly not a well-kept secret).
- Google Docs spreadsheet with amiibo store availability and comments (unsure how often updated, YMMV)
- Another Google Docs spreadsheet with amiibo store availability and comments (again, YMMV)
- Target Inventory Checker (thanks to Prime for posting this and the numbers)
- Target DCPI numbers for amiibo
- 207-00-5001 Mario
207-00-5006 Donkey Kong
207-00-5012 Wii Fit Trainer
207-00-5015 Little Mac
207-00-5016 Diddy Kong
207-00-5018 Captain Falcon
207-00-5019 Toon Link
207-00-5021 Rosalina & Luma
207-00-5022 Mega Man
207-00-5025 King Dedede
- Wave 4:
- 207-00-5033 Jigglypuff
- 207-00-5033 Jigglypuff
- Wave 5b:
- 207-03-4001 - Zero Suit Samus
- 207-03-4002 - Gannondorf
- 207-03-4003 - Pikmin & Olimar
- 207-03-4004 - Dr. Mario
- 207-03-4005 - Amiibo cards for Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer (6 Pack)
- Waves After 5b (whatever they're called)
- 207-03-4010 - Mewtwo
- 8-Bit Mario
- 207-03-4000 - 8-Bit Classic Mario 30th Anniversary
- 207-00-5040 Inkling Girl
207-00-5041 Inkling Boy
207-00-5042 Splatoon 3-Pack
- 207-00-5040 Inkling Girl
- Animal Crossing
- 207-30-0056 - Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival
- 207-03-4009 - Tom Nook
- 207-03-4011 - Lottie
- 207-03-4012 - Mable
- 207-03-4013 - Animal Crossing 3-Pack
- Yarn Yoshi
- 207-03-4006 - Green Yarn Yoshi
- 207-00-5001 Mario
- Mart of Wals Inventory Checker (By the same people who do the Target one).
- Target DCPI numbers for amiibo
Have or Want
Some basic guidelines on the spirit of the "Want" list:
This is envisioned as an easy single place to look and see if someone's looking for an amiibo that you've come across. If you post your wants here, know that there's an expectation that you'll pay someone back for it, along with shipping. Of course, it's up to the individual who bought if they want to gift it, but I doubt if anyone's expecting this to be a, "buy it for me!" list.
Also for purchasers, this list doesn't mean, "buy it at any price", since anyone can do that. Its intent is to have a way for someone to grab an amiibo at MSRP for someone who doesn't have any in their area. Best to buy from stores that have an easy return policy, if need be.
Neither the Amiibo Hunt thread, nor its creator, nor the CS administration team is responsible for working out the details of amiibo transactions. Those can be taken care of in PMs. Public displays of appreciation are approved of.
- Best Buy
- Toys R Us
- Want (strike-throughs mean a preorder/order has been secured but not received yet):
- Big-Sword Weeabo Friend (which I assume means Cloud)
- Callie & Marie
- WAVE 5b: Mii 3 Pack
- WAVE 5b: Ganondorf
- MISC: Chibi-Robo
- Animal Crossing: K.K. Slider
- WAVE ?: Mewtwo
- WAVE 5b: Zero Suit Samus
- WAVE I'VE-FORGOTTEN: Shulk
- Have extra(s) to trade or sell:
Posted by "PBluafnotr4d2" on 13 August 2014 - 05:37 PM
The day has come when the first member of CS has reached a five-figure post count! With this post, everyone's favorite cream-tastic Plant has broken to the 10,000 post barrier! Milestones like this make me nostalgic for the old days--even a little sad. I start to get pretty emo when I think about the old days, and I tend to do that quite a lot. As tribute in memory of years past, I created this celebratory image comprised of many other images I've posted over time. Though most of it relates to myself and my posts, I hope you guys will enjoy this and recall old memories too! Damn, it's been a long time, and yet it's all gone by so fast. Thanks for sticking around this long, everyone!
Posted by Prime on 17 January 2018 - 08:18 PM
It seems GoDaddy implemented a range of long-needed updates which proceeded to... well, break just about everything. In the process they appear to have done some sort of back-up and restore process on our database which ended... poorly. Long story short, we restored everything from a back-up dating back to November of 2016, meaning all posts/topics/PMs/etc.. made in the time since have been lost. I'll try to see if GoDaddy has whatever back-up they were working off of on their side, but for the time being, just assume that all of that content will be unrecoverable.
Some other notes: we (yes, actual "we", not just me pretending not to be foreveralone.jpg) have been talking about getting the side moved/updated/etc.. If and when this will happen, we don't know, but if it does expect more changes than you may otherwise think. Perhaps a move to a new old domain? Like I said, nothing is set in stone. We'll try and keep you posted.
Posted by LazyyDogg on 26 May 2015 - 09:53 PM
As a female enthusiast of the interactive arts, especially as one who is competitive and strives to best her opponents, i've seen my fair share of unfair remarks against my gender. These remarks have veried between the slightly rude but unintentional to straight-up threats of rape (no,really). They mostly lie somewhere in the middle.
This veries from region to region, of course, and here in Washington a lot of people are generally proud of "acceptance" and "equality" in everyday matters. Pot is legal and so are gay marriages. Seattle is a center for many gay rights movements as well as feminism and all that. And that's cool and everything, but i'm honestly a very self-involved person and not incredibly active outsid the few communities imma part of.
One of these is the Smash community. Overall, i found that girl players, while still rare, are relatively well-treated nowadays and this only seems to be improving. But theres still a long ways to go. It's still annoying to find a girl pop up on a Twitch stream and have the chat immediately explode with "omg its a grill!! she's so hot! like a 7/10!!" It's even more annoying when they say, "oh she's actually pretty good" when she's getting rekt and is obviously a noob. And of course its most annoying when the chat gets angry and turns against her and starts calling her an attention whore or worse...
Milktea, who you might know from the Smash Documentary, is one of my favorite women in gaming because I find in her a lot of parallels to myself. Like me, she grew up being bullied for being Asian, and she struggled with her shyness. The biggest thing Milktea and i have in common, of course, is our love for gaming. particularly, our love for Smash. Also just like her,i used to despise other gaming girls (or any nerd-girl) for the same reason some male gamers would hate me: I would just think they only did it for the attention.
Milktea, aka Lilian Chen, has become a prominent spokesperson for women in gaming. I especially love her non-hostile approach. She doesn't aim to accuse and shame male gamers for some of their past actions. Her key to raising awareness is empathy, which is a quality i've always strived to develop in myself.
Here's a recent TEDTalk by Lilian Chen where she talks about everything I just said but better. Just pretend she's me!
I know this forum is dominated by male gamers, but i'd love to hear your opinion on the matter in general, if you have one. I don't mean to stir up some heated debate on sexism and repression of women and all that. I'm not a Social Justice Warrior. In fact, they're the very reason i left Tumblr.
No, the point i want to make is that i'm better than all of you. wait... nope. that's not it.
Okay, the point I want to make is simply to raise a lil bit of awareness. I doubt any of you have been completely oblivious to this issue, but as male gamers, holy shit do you guys have it easy. I've found acceptence and even made good friends through gaming nowadays, but... still to this day, at nearly every tournament, convention, comic book store or hobby shop I set foot in, I am awkwardly approached, stared at, patronized, assaulted with questions, put-down, insulted, idolized or villainized (that would be in order of least to worst).
I joke a lot at the fact that i'm a girl gamer. I poke fun at myself a lot sometimes because if I make other people aware that, "hey, she's a grill!" it'll help develop the idea that, "hey, she's just a nerd like me!" Other times, I will admit, I do like the attention. But whenever someone questions my nerd-cred, my love of the subject, it can be more than frustrating.
Thankfully, i think i've found a nice lil community here that doesn't yet seem to have any problems with my gender. Which is amazing, really. Great job guys. Of course, the anonimity of the internet helps a bunch, but you'd be surprised at how many angry tweens on forums who've never met me irl sent me hostile PMs because say their girlfriend since kindergarten just dumped him and now all girls are evil and so its all my fault. ● ﹏☉ But thats actually a hilarious example. There were much worse ones...
I hope i'm not sendin the wrong message here. this is my first real topic on Chozo Sanctuary, and I don't want to seem like some preachy, pissed-off feminist. I'm not a fantastic writer so i only hope this makes sense. Really, i just watched that TEDtalk and it stirred up a desire to say something about it.
Just food for thought. You may feed me back if you wish. Lazyy: signing out.
Posted by torgo on 17 March 2016 - 02:17 PM
I've been playing an unexpected game, "Plant's Text Adventure" on my birthday. Here's some exciting screen shots (spoilered because there's 9 of them, and they're all fairly tall).
Plant's texts are in grey on the left, mine are (fittingly) in green: Yes, I've already redeemed the code, don't bother trying.
Yes, I've already redeemed the code, don't bother trying.
Thanks again, Plant! I appreciate the "game" and the prize!
Posted by SuperTeeter64 on 16 April 2015 - 03:23 PM
Not too be a total downer, but...
Just wanted to say thanks to all that get to play tonight and the friends that I've made on this forum. It's been a lot of fun meeting new people.
Today's my brother's birthday and he passed away in 2012. I'm sure he's really happy for me too that I get to enjoy fun and laughter with you guys. He always really enjoyed Mario Kart and I wish he could be joining us for this tournament.
Anyway... Enough about my sad life.
Really excited to see people's whacky Miis they came up with. I morphed together a hilariously goofy Iwata. I'm quite proud of my creation.
Posted by HAL_9000 on 31 March 2015 - 04:19 PM
Hello everyone, I'm HAL.
I found this forum when on the wiki for metroid prime 2, and I decided to see what joining a small forum would be like.
Interests: Music, video games, and other things.
I'm looking forward to getting to know this forum.
Posted by torgo on 07 March 2015 - 10:22 AM
Constructive criticism is appreciated (I already know there's some things that aren't quite right with some transitions, some extra frames that the beginning, and my audio levels are too disparate between game footage and other sections), and I have some ideas for ways to do things different going forward (which I might need help from other racers for a few aspects).
Prowl and Robok: Can you go to your Mii Maker app and export a headshot JPG of Caitlyn and J9, respectively, and send it to me? I plant to keep putting Mii pictures in these, but I don't have one for either of them. Also, if anyone else wants their Mii picture to look different, just send me the one you want (Plant, I'm not putting a picture of a dick in there for your picture).
So, without further ado, here's some highlights (watch at 720p for full enjoyment).
Posted by Prime on 19 June 2016 - 04:08 AM
- The Luminoth Temple was open for 1 year, 6 months, and 18 days.
- Nintendo NSider was open for 3 years, 9 months, and 24 days.
- 10 years is roughly the entire duration of official Nintendo fan communities on the World Wide Web, going from the original Loudhouse up to NSider.
- Metroid had recently released its 6 game in less than 3 and a half years.
- The Wii and PS3 were exciting new consoles still months away from launch.
- There were only 386 Pokémon.
- Cammie Dunaway hadn't even joined Nintendo.
- Matt, Boz, Craig, and Peer.
- The biggest online console game was still Halo 2.
- The most recent Call of Duty was Call of Duty 2: Big Red One.
- 3D Realms, Clover Studio, Factor 5, Hudson, Midway, Pandemic, and THQ were all still open.
- Half-Life 3 is gonna be really great guys!
- Duke Nukem Forever is never coming out, is it?
- Windows XP was the most recent version of Microsoft Windows.
- Neither Gmail nor Facebook had been opened to the public, and wouldn't be for another 7 and 3 months respectively.
- Justin Bieber's first single was still nearly 3 years away.
- Torgo was still like a million years old.
- Spam, EP, and Mega were active community members.
- Posted 118,378 times
- Created 8,631 topics
- Registered 718 members
- Shouted more than 350 Sakuraaaaaais
- Gazed upon 117 horse dicks
- Fucked 100 penguins under bleachers
- Who's That'd a shit-ton of Not a Pokémon (that I can't be bothered to count)
- Hunted nearly 90 Googles
- Pixelled more than 50 Pinks ( )
- Posted 7 other lame anniversary topics
- Skipped 2 anniversaries, cuz fuck em
- Rocked one awesome community
~ Love Prime