Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Chamber of the Historical Documents (TV Thread)

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#1 Hawk

Hawk

Lord of the Wii

• Chozo Lore Keeper
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 09:01 AM

I never thought I'd say this, but television has finally started coming out of its aweful rut of horrible repetitive programing and crappy reality shows. For years, I barely ever turned on the TV, mostly to watch the news or to watch Adult Swim late at night, but never for anything other than that. In fact, those two were merely time filler and I could have easily removed my television from the house, if not for my DVDs and games. Now, suddenly, new shows have been popping up that are actually interesting and I am already becoming a reguler viewer again.

I'll tell you, right now I am head over heels hooked on Justice, the crooked laywer show. Absolutely brilliant. The technology in the show is a bit over-the-top, but the charaters are the real pull. Ron, the head of the law firm, is probably my favorite charater on television right now. The greatest part is that at the end of the show, after the verdict, you find out what really happened and if the person was reall innocent or guilty. It is extremely exciting. I guess what I love most about the show is its full of dirty players. I tend to route for the bad guys in life. :lol:

I've also become hooked on Heroes after only two episodes. The first one was kind of slow and full of setup fluff, but the second episode last night was faster paced and the cliffhangers and mysteries are just too much to even think about missing the next episode. I'll admit, alot of the charaters seem like cookie cutter comic charaters, but there are some that just make the show gold. My favorite character in the show so far is the single mother. Her poweris just so unclear and mysterious, and its dark to top it off!

The Japanese man, Hiro, can manipulate time and space and he is going to be extremely important to the show. On the last episode, Hiro accidently teleported himself five weeks into the future, and witnessed a nuclear bomb strike New York City. His watch said October 2, which was yesterdays date, so that seems to mean that the bomb could possibly go off in five week realtime, meaning the characters will have no time to get together and stop it... unless Hiro is constantly taking them all back in time so that each time they miss the deadline, they go back to to five weeks before and continually investigate the cause of the attack.

Is anyone else watching any really great shows? Share the details and get us to watch them!

Edited by spameroo, 05 November 2006 - 04:11 PM.

#2 dragonflamez

dragonflamez

Level 2

• Ing
  • 897 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 11:26 AM

Yes! Heros is awsome!
Hiro owns, and becuase he was in he future, the artist wont be dead, and the cop wont be arrested!

#3 *Super-Missile*

*Super-Missile*

Level 1

• Zoomer
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 01:52 PM

Well, our family decided to try watching 24......So we bought the first season on Itunes, then we watched about half of the episodes....

It's a really good show, and I highly recommend it for anybody who hasn't watched yet ;) (I would say that 24 is more like a thriler....)

I really get sick of some of the side stories sometimes, and at the extreme times of this, I wish that they would all die :P..

^___^

#4 LinxAwakening

LinxAwakening

Columnist

• Diamont
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 02:47 PM

BAH! TV will never be what it used to be! Man I have troubles turning mine on... I can never find somthing good on. And I know of shows I like (Family Guy, Simpsons, Two and a Half Men, Dirty Jobs, and some others) but I never actually know when they are on...

That being said, TV will never be what it used to be. I used to be ADDICTED to my televison! I mean I would wake up EARLY on SATURDAY to watch television! Now that is dedicated! There just used to be so many sweet shows from Keenan (butchered that name) and Kell, Ren and Stimpy, Roco's Modern Life, Legend of the Hidden Temple, and so many other sweet shows... now they all suck.

I'm not into the whole crime shows at all and all the reality shows (which I used to enjoy so much) are just repetitive now... there is nothing new for them to do... O well... But yea, TV could be better IMO

#5 Admin spameroo

spameroo

Elder of Tallon IV

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 4,842 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 06:03 PM

The only TV I watch these days is Family Guy and House. House is one of those shows I never got around to watching, and picked up in the last few episodes of last season, and I got so hooked that I went out and bought the Season One DVDs... then when Season Two came out I bought them too.

The medical mysteries are always satisfyingly weird, but the characters are the draw for me, mainly House himself. My family tells me I'm a lot like him, and there are quite a few traits we have in common :D I guess that's not entirely a good thing, but I'm not as miserable as he is, so it's not that bad :P

There are tons of other shows that look appealing to me, and by tons I mean a few, but I just never get around to watching them.

#6 Admin spameroo

spameroo

Elder of Tallon IV

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 4,842 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 02:46 PM

I just thought I'd say that this weekend I started watching Heroes (downloaded the first episode, then conveniently the other three were on in a row last night), and it is F***ING AWESOME. It's like a movie that you wish was more than just two hours... and is. Now my only problem is that I have to start waiting a week in between episodes... but I am psyched to watch it tonight!

#7 jrr

jrr

Deicidal Maniac

• Chozo Lore Keeper
  • 611 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 03:21 PM

Heroes is the first non-animated network show that I've bothered to watch in I don't even know how many years. It really is damn good. And I totally agrre with spam about wanting it to be longer. Usually when I watch the show I'll end up looking at the clock at like 9:50, and be like "WTF, how is there only ten minutes left?!". I missed the newest episode last Monday but caught it last night and was still loving the show. I particularly liked the end when Hiro showed up. I wonder if the show is actually ever going to progress to the point where they're all be running around in somehting like Hiro's sleek leather outfit complete with samurai sword slung across the back. The show always gave me the feel that it would remain grounded as much in reality as possible, rather than straying towards more comic book like elements, but if they were to go in that direction and did it right, I'd definitely enjoy the progression. As good as the show actually is along with how good the critical reception is I imagine it's got some seasons ahead of it, so they're certainly going to have to take the show somwehere, eventually to the point where people with these powers is the norm and they've grown to take full control of them.

#8 Gruempy

Gruempy

Level 1

• Shriekbat
  • 99 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 02:07 AM

Is anyone else watching any really great shows? Share the details and get us to watch them!

TV still hasn't been able to lure me back. I lost interest sometime in the 90s and it all went downhill for me from there. I'll still sometimes (rarely) watch the evening news or an episode or two of a 'recommended' show, although so far nothing has drawn me in. I'm also not a fan of law or medical shows, which seem to be fairly popular.

I saw the pilot episode of Heroes but I didn't care for that either - it seemed a bit jumpy and then the whole super powers thing interests me about as much as law and medical shows do. ^_^;;

I started renting some fairly recent TV series off of Netflix that aren't airing on TV anymore (at least I think they're not airing on TV anymore). Recently rented one called Firefly and enjoyed that quite a bit. Too bad it ended so soon.

Edited by Gruempy, 24 October 2006 - 02:09 AM.

#9 Hawk

Hawk

Lord of the Wii

• Chozo Lore Keeper
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 10:38 AM

Now my only problem is that I have to start waiting a week in between episodes... but I am psyched to watch it tonight!

After the episode last night, I'm going freakin insane knowing I have to wait until next Monday. I'm not used to this. I haven't actually watch TV shows on TV in a very long time. For the past two-three years, its been all shows on DVD, and I can pump out a full season in a week. Having to wait is killing me.

#10 sevenout

sevenout

Level 1

• Skree
  • 270 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 08:34 AM

TV still hasn't been able to lure me back. I lost interest sometime in the 90s and it all went downhill for me from there. I'll still sometimes (rarely) watch the evening news or an episode or two of a 'recommended' show, although so far nothing has drawn me in. I'm also not a fan of law or medical shows, which seem to be fairly popular.

I saw the pilot episode of Heroes but I didn't care for that either - it seemed a bit jumpy and then the whole super powers thing interests me about as much as law and medical shows do. ^_^;;

I started renting some fairly recent TV series off of Netflix that aren't airing on TV anymore (at least I think they're not airing on TV anymore). Recently rented one called Firefly and enjoyed that quite a bit. Too bad it ended so soon.

Firefly was rad! I didnt get to see it till after it was on TV,wasnt the last episode hilariouse though!
Another cool show you should check out thats not on anymore is "Dead like me" I loved that show but it only had like 2 or 3 Seasons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users