Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Chamber of the Historical Documents (TV Thread)

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#11 n28

n28

Level 1

• Alpha Splinter
  • 340 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 01:20 PM

I don't know if it's because I'm trying to get into writing music for the entertainment industry or what but I've started watching a lot more TV in the evenings again. I blame my fiancee for a lot of it because he's gotten me into a whole bunch of shows with in the last six months or so. Before that, I had sworn off TV because of all the junky reality shows. TV lost its wit in the late 90's. Good comedies are still hard to come by; I'm still a recovering Arrested Development fan and I will never forgive Fox for that.

Now when I don't have to be anywhere I watch TV in the evenings, which has been a very foreign concept to me

Monday: How I Met Your Mother, Heroes (tape Justice), Studio 60 (which I'm surprisingly getting into)
Tuesday: House, Veronica Mars, Law and Order SVU, although I'm boycotting it until Mariska Hargitay comes back
Wednesday: Comedy Central Cartoons
Thursday: I have class at night so my fiancee tapes me Earl and The Office
Sunday: Fox cartoons, Robot Chicken, and silently boycotting the crap that is The War at Home

whenever its on: Mythbusters

For me, this is a hell of a lot of TV

#12 Gruempy

Gruempy

Level 1

• Shriekbat
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 01:23 PM

Firefly was rad! I didnt get to see it till after it was on TV,wasnt the last episode hilariouse though!
Another cool show you should check out thats not on anymore is "Dead like me" I loved that show but it only had like 2 or 3 Seasons.

Two seasons. I've seen the first season. Very odd show, but interesting nonetheless. I've been meaning to rent out the second season, just haven't got around to it yet.

#13 Admin spameroo

spameroo

Elder of Tallon IV

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 4,842 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 02:00 PM

Naia, I'll definitely agree with you that The War at Home is crap. A few times I've left it on after/before Family Guy (they keep moving stuff around so I don't remember), and it's so terrible that I can't bear to watch it. It's like... how do people live with themselves making shows this bad? Who actually thinks this is funny? (actually some of my friends do, which makes me question their humanity.) I see shows like this, and commercials for others, and I just think, "wow, are the people making TV that out of touch with reality that they think this was a good idea? Or are they just so apathetic that they put out piles of crap because they know people will still watch for a while?"

Blecch. I wish House and Family Guy were back on already :(

#14 sevenout

sevenout

Level 1

• Skree
  • 270 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 02:28 PM

When veronica mars had it first season I had no interest in it. But then my Girlfriend made me sit down and watch it, and now it is a regular tuesday event. There is no way I can sell this show to make it sound cool, just know the writing is good and so are the charactors the mystery is usually rally cool too.Plus she is Hot. I mean the show was good enough that Kevin Smith had to drect and be in one of the episodes, so give it a chance some time.

The only reality TV I watch right now is Americas next top model..... I hate that show the only reason I watch it every week is because Im close friends wit hthe twins.

Edited by sevenout, 25 October 2006 - 02:29 PM.

#15 jrr

jrr

Deicidal Maniac

• Chozo Lore Keeper
  • 611 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 07:23 PM

Good comedies are still hard to come by; I'm still a recovering Arrested Development fan and I will never forgive Fox for that.

and silently boycotting the crap that is The War at Home

You really do gotta just hate Fox sometimes, despite the wonderful animation.

#16 Admin EP

EP

Elder of Zebes

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 8,365 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 08:51 PM

Fox doesn't know whats funny. They cancel the greatest comedy shows. Luckily Family Guy returned and Futurama is making a comeback! T_T

#17 Admin spameroo

spameroo

Elder of Tallon IV

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 4,842 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 09:17 PM

Futurama's comeback has nothing to do with FOX though. It's gonna be on Comedy Central. But yeah, I agree with that statement. I'd probably extend it to all of TV in general.

#18 Admin EP

EP

Elder of Zebes

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 8,365 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 09:45 PM

Futurama's comeback has nothing to do with FOX though. It's gonna be on Comedy Central. But yeah, I agree with that statement. I'd probably extend it to all of TV in general.

I know, thats why I hate Fox. I am just happy that show is returning :)

#19 jrr

jrr

Deicidal Maniac

• Chozo Lore Keeper
  • 611 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 11:11 AM

I'm sure Fox was well aware that Arrested Develoment was funny and a damn good show, they just didn't care. The show had high production costs, and whatever money Fox was making on it obviously wasn't enough, especially not when they can just produce low cost reality shows and animations and get a better return on their money instead.

#20 Hawk

Hawk

Lord of the Wii

• Chozo Lore Keeper
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 07:35 AM

Good comedies are still hard to come by; I'm still a recovering Arrested Development fan and I will never forgive Fox for that.

AMEN TO THAT! I don't know why they moved Arrested Development. It's like David Cross said in one of the DVDs: if a show wins that many emmy's, its not the show's fault its not getting ratings. Fox's marketing for it was horrid.

Meanwhile WHY THE FUCK DOES WAR AT HOME GET TO KEEP ITS SLOT IN AN ANIMATIO BLOCK?! The show is the absolute worst, unfunny, cookiecutter sitcom and should have been cancelled after the first episode.

---

Has anyone watched Frisky Dingo on Adult Swim? That show is totally kick ass. I want to be Awesome X.

Edited by Hawk, 27 October 2006 - 07:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users