Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Chamber of the Historical Documents (TV Thread)

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#21 Mithos

Mithos

Level 1

• Zoomer
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 02:50 PM

The only TV I watch these days is Family Guy and House. House is one of those shows I never got around to watching, and picked up in the last few episodes of last season, and I got so hooked that I went out and bought the Season One DVDs... then when Season Two came out I bought them too.

The medical mysteries are always satisfyingly weird, but the characters are the draw for me, mainly House himself. My family tells me I'm a lot like him, and there are quite a few traits we have in common :D I guess that's not entirely a good thing, but I'm not as miserable as he is, so it's not that bad :P

There are tons of other shows that look appealing to me, and by tons I mean a few, but I just never get around to watching them.

OMFG, yes! I knew there was kool people on here. Please do me a favor spam an tell that to "ganon." I really like that show i know that i got hooked on it.

See ganon i told you the show was good sorry its cause i forget that only smart people watch that show.

Good taste spam, what other stuff would you reccomend. I like Justice, Smallville, Prisonbreak, and Charmed. (yeah i know people say its a chick flick but its good....really good.)

So yeah i think that those are really good.

#22 Admin spameroo

spameroo

Elder of Tallon IV

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 4,842 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:13 PM

What did you guys think of Heroes tonight? I won't spoil anything, but I thought that there were some very unexpected twists, but that the show is starting to get into a dangerous territory, and not in a good way. They're starting to underestimate their viewers. The think about Niki and DL, for instance... I could see where it was going, and was pretty excited about the possibilities, but then they had to have Niki's alter ego spell it out unambiguously, and it kind of took the intrigue out of it. Maybe it's just me, but I'm afraid they're starting to dumb down the show a bit, and I would hate for it not to live up to those first few episodes.

#23 Bunderant

Bunderant

Level 1

• Geemer
  • 172 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 09:16 PM

Firefly was rad! I didnt get to see it till after it was on TV,wasnt the last episode hilariouse though!
Another cool show you should check out thats not on anymore is "Dead like me" I loved that show but it only had like 2 or 3 Seasons.

I love Firefly like nothing else, man... If you know about that, then I'm sure you've seen Serenity... I hope you have :). I think, even though Star Wars is pretty damn cool, I like the Firefly 'verse even better. I compare them only because they're both science fiction... Firefly is pretty much in a league of its own, though.

Spameroo, I watched Heroes tonight, and I liked what I saw. I did enjoy the plot twists... I think the overall plot and a few of the characters are what's keeping me interested enough to follow the show. I don't like a couple of the actors, though... The Indian doctor seems like he forces his acting a little... Same for Ali Larter's husband. Also, Peter looks like Little Nicky. :D

I agree that the show does seem to be dumbing down a little... I hope it is more of a coincidence than a trend... I'll be tuning in next week.

The best show I'm seeing on the air right now is Veronica Mars. You guys should check that out if you haven't yet. It'll be on the CW tomorrow (Tuesday) at eight eastern, I believe... Maybe nine... Definitely damn good if you take the time to watch a whole episode. It's in its third season right now.

... Gorammit... If only Firefly had three seasons...

#24 Admin spameroo

spameroo

Elder of Tallon IV

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 4,842 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 10:08 PM

I think the actor I like least is the kid... I hate preccocious little kids, although it seems most kids on TV shows/movies are (probably because those are the predominant types of child actors who can actually act). That kid who plays Micah is quickly rising to join Haley Joel Osmont, Dakota Fanning, and every other kid who I want to slap on the screen.

I agree somewhat about the Indian guy. I really like the guy who plays Claire's dad though... he's just so... slimy yet not. I think most of the characters are very well cast though, and my favorite is probably Hiro. Or Niki, because she's freaking hot :P

I will say that I did not see the twist with Mohinder coming at all, and that's always a pleasant surprise on TV these days.

#25 sevenout

sevenout

Level 1

• Skree
  • 270 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 12:59 AM

The best show I'm seeing on the air right now is Veronica Mars. You guys should check that out if you haven't yet. It'll be on the CW tomorrow (Tuesday) at eight eastern, I believe... Maybe nine... Definitely damn good if you take the time to watch a whole episode. It's in its third season right now.
... Gorammit... If only Firefly had three seasons...

Woho yeah VM! Me and my girl friend watch it every week! Although we wont be watching tomorrow as of Halloween. I still have like 25 pumpkins to do in a day! And yes I really like Serenity I really hope they make another movie/series.

#26 jrr

jrr

Deicidal Maniac

• Chozo Lore Keeper
  • 611 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 12:22 PM

I don't really think you can blame Heroes for spelling things out so quickly for the audience, considering how much there is going on with the show. It spans a wide number of characters who currently all have their own individual storylines, and there are as it is there are main characters that go without a minute of airtime in some episodes. They can't really spend too much time trickling out clues to the audience to figure things out on their own, especially not when they'd probably rather get on with the overarching storyline that involves everyone.

Although I did have my own dissapointments with the show, mostly concerning Suresh. The twist that had involved him had me feeling "Yeah, whatever, if that's how's it gonna be, then fine". But what I really didn't like is the way he handled his encounter with Peter and what ensued between this episode and last. Maybe I misperceived something, but during the first few episodes it seemed as if Suresh was fully behind his father's work and had full confidence that there were these supernatural people out there, and was desperate find anything that would help support what his father was researching. And during that time he goes and contacts the older Petrelli trying to question him, him being the only person he has any leads to being amongst the supernatural. He gets blown off, but later the guy's brother comes to him telling him that he believes he has powers and knows other that do as well, and Suresh just blows him off like any other random person would upon having a stranger tell them they have superpowers. What the fuck? Did I miss something here or does this just seem completely out of character to anyone else?

And another thing about the show, there better be a legitimate reason why that logo shows up around all people involved, and it better not be some bullshit they're all intwined in the same great fabric of the universe destiny kind of bullshit. If they want to logo to just happen to appear in a pool that has no significance, solely for that tv magic "ooh, look there's that symbol again" reaction, fine, because no actual thought went into that happenstance formation in the pool. Or if a guy who paints the future of all things involved with these supernatural people happens to paint the symbol, then fine again, becaus eit makes sense for him to have that kind of insight. But don't try and tell me that the Claire just so happened to get a tattoo of what would've been a seemingly random symbol to her at the time. Blah. It's seriously these meaningless kind of things that tend to end up irking me in the most in fictional works.

#27 dragonflamez

dragonflamez

Level 2

• Ing
  • 897 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 05:37 PM

I honestly didnt notice the symbol thing.

But thats just me not paying attention.

#28 Admin spameroo

spameroo

Elder of Tallon IV

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 4,842 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 11:12 AM

I noticed the symbol with Niki, the black guy who travels with Claire's dad (Syler?) and in Issac's painting, but I didn't notice it in a pool...

As for the thing with Suresh, I totally agree. That really bothered me, because it just seemed like the writers were changing his attitude to force some extra drama in. From the way I interpreted the first couple episodes, he was always skeptical of his father's work, but he also had some faith in him, kind of a son looking up to his father thing. So it would make sense for him to have been discouraged after getting blown off by Petrelli and then having Issac not answer when Peter took him there, but just totally disregarding Peter afterwards was way too much of a jump in my opinion.

#29 jrr

jrr

Deicidal Maniac

• Chozo Lore Keeper
  • 611 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 11:36 AM

Two or three episodes back they had shown Suresh and that chick looking over a bunch of code on his father's computer, and you could see the symbol formed in the code through a kinda of ascii art of numbers that were slightly darker than the rest. That scene ended with the symbol shown on the computer, and then cut to an overview establishing shot of some backyard with a pool (I think it was the crime scene where they introduced the cop character, but it might've just been Claire's house). Floating in the pool was some cleaning gear that was arranged in the form of the symbol. It was seeing the symbol in two consecutive shots like this that first got me feeling there better be a significant reason they keep shoving it in the audience's face like that as if we've yet to notice it.

#30 Admin spameroo

spameroo

Elder of Tallon IV

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 4,842 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 11:53 AM

Ohhhhhh. I remember seeing something in the text on the computer, but I didn't identify it as that symbol. I just remember being somewhat confused, because it stood out very much, and I couldn't tell if that was what told him that his father had solved it, or if it was there for some other reason, or just a coincidence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users