97 replies to this topic

#1 Admin spameroo

spameroo

Elder of Tallon IV

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 4,842 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:54 PM

UPDATE

I've decided to turn this into a contest, hopefully with the effect of motivating you guys to go out and find these guys.

Here's the deal. For the premise of this contest, read the original post below.

The contest part is pretty simple. For each former LT member that you get to join, you get a point. Whoever has the most points on December 01, 2006 will win.

PRIZE
I haven't decided for sure on the prize yet, because I need to talk it over with EP, but it's going to be something very worth-it. At the least, it'll be something like the ability to lock your own threads or create polls, or maybe even a bump up one full level, as in Templar -> Keeper or Keeper -> Arbiter (You Arbiters won't be getting bumped up to Elder though ;) You guys should be doing this with the same motivation I am - you want that badly to see CS grow). This isn't going to be just like "YOU GET A SIG" and then no one ever makes one for you, it's going to be a good prize.

RULES
Not a whole lot of rules. Use either the list below, your memory, the master list of members, or whatever to find names of members, and then use whatever means neccessary (Chozo Sanctuary is not responsible for you, and will deny any knowledge of your existence, if you are apprehended by the authorities) to track down the member. Then, tell them about how LT closed back in June, how we made CS, and invite them.

-No points are awarded for getting people who've already registered to return. However, do it anyway.
-If it comes down to multiple people claiming responsibility for someone's registration, the new registree's word will be considered truth.

Please continue to name people when you think of them so I can add them to the list. This isn't meant to be a cutthroat competition; the purpose is to give every ex-Templar a chance to join, and someone else might be the one who is able to contact someone you don't know how to.

SCOREBOARD
spameroo - 3
LINKXZERO - 2
CONKERSBADFURDAY - 1
Ganon - 1

I was just thinking, and started remembering how hectic LT's closing was and wondering if there were people who never came over to CS and were just kind of forgotten by us.

There are tons of people who were active at LT at some point or another, but if they were unlucky enough to not be at the time of its closing, they'd have no way of knowing about this place.

So I was thinking let's try to make a list of people who never joined here, and then we can try to figure out a way to contact them. Like, maybe someone would remember they had another forum they were part of, and we could look for them there.

A couple people who were "big" at LT and never really became active here are Twin, Misterhero, and MPG, but I've talked to all three of them, and they either are members but don't come here often (Mister and MPG... both of whom have told me they'll be coming soon), or don't want to at the moment (Twin). I'm just listing these guys saying don't bother mentioning them. As you guys add people, I can edit them into a list.

Try to think of more obscure people... not implying anyone is less important of course, just maybe people who contributed, but not often enough to be really recognized.

I found some word docs I had saved from LT and found a few names.

Current List (strike indicates they've now joined)
AGENTPOLO83
xyzyxx
eragon17
NIKONGMER
Niceguy
theHunter
SONICBOOM_X
dark likitung
Prowl (he's obviously a member already, but he's done r-u-n-n-o-f-t)
Wolfen
Eternal_0
somacruz42
cmj23
HARDCOREPLAYER
legends
gf-rex
kidgamer
m0nk3y
mickeydurden
Madmangamer
Phazon Eater

Oh, and it probably goes without saying, but if someone names a person you didn't get along with, we don't care, so don't bash them. The point of this is to get as many people, regardless of whether you liked them.

Edited by spameroo, 27 November 2006 - 09:44 AM.

#2 Ganon

Ganon

Level 3

• Chozo Lore Keeper
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 02:46 PM

SONICBOOM_X

He was a very active LT member at the beginning of its life, but he alot of problems with people like Yoseph, so i think he decided just not to come on as often, or more like never. Kinda same think Metal did for like months, except he never came back. I like this guy, i mean, i remember him being really kul. Im not sure if he's at NSIDER anymore, i havn't been there for ages.

So does anyone know where this guy is?

Oh and lets try and invite every LT member back here, from the list i have, if its not too much work.

#3 CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

has no sense of humor

• Chozo Chancellor
  • 6,859 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 02:49 PM

SONICBOOM_X

He was a very active LT member at the beginning of its life, but he alot of problems with people like Yoseph, so i think he decided just not to come on as often, or more like never. Kinda same think Metal did for like months, except he never came back. I like this guy, i mean, i remember him being really kul. Im not sure if he's at NSIDER anymore, i havn't been there for ages.

So does anyone know where this guy is?

Oh and lets try and invite every LT member back here, from the list i have, if its not too much work.

i might be able to get a hold of sonicboom_X

i think he is over at NSider.

hey, heres someone you can add: DarkLikitung. he was pretty cool.

#4 Admin spameroo

spameroo

Elder of Tallon IV

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 4,842 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 05:22 PM

Sonicboom is a good one. He actually came back for a couple days near the end, I think. I had kind of thought from his profile that when he disappeared, he'd killed himself... his profile was pretty... emo... But yeah, if you can get a hold of him, by all means.

And yeah, I forgot to add Dark Likitung. I actually was looking for him recently, because I know he was a part of Smogon, but I couldn't find him in the members list. I think I'm going to ahve to make an account and make a thread shouting out to him :D

#5 CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

has no sense of humor

• Chozo Chancellor
  • 6,859 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 07:09 PM

Sonicboom is a good one. He actually came back for a couple days near the end, I think. I had kind of thought from his profile that when he disappeared, he'd killed himself... his profile was pretty... emo... But yeah, if you can get a hold of him, by all means.

And yeah, I forgot to add Dark Likitung. I actually was looking for him recently, because I know he was a part of Smogon, but I couldn't find him in the members list. I think I'm going to ahve to make an account and make a thread shouting out to him :D

i sent a PM to sonicboom on NSider. i think he is sitll a member :3 im not actually sure :P

maybe i can get Karel over here XD hes cool.

#6 Admin spameroo

spameroo

Elder of Tallon IV

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 4,842 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 08:32 PM

As you can see, Xyzyxx joined. He's the freaking man, and I honestly feel like the biggest douchbag for not inviting him sooner, because he's been on my buddy list this whole time. I guess there's nothing I can do besides apologize...

Also, I'm going to go out on a limb and add Prowl to the list... I mean... where did he go?

#7 Ganon

Ganon

Level 3

• Chozo Lore Keeper
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 09:15 PM

Wait what list? My list? Did i mess up with my list? I doubt it, his name prolly wasn't spelled like that or something.

#8 Admin spameroo

spameroo

Elder of Tallon IV

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 4,842 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 09:31 PM

No, I mean the members list at smogon.com. He talked about being a member there, so I searched all variations of that name there and came up with bubkus.

#9 Lyhalu

Lyhalu

Resident Canadian

• Kraid
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 10:55 PM

Not all of them, but some of them we miss could be seen in this picture that everone has forgot that I made, or that it existed:

http://i24.photobuck.../Templars-1.png

I call it Art à la Chevalier de Tempe, because French is so beloved by many, and I'm not one of that Many.

Edited by spameroo, 29 October 2006 - 10:36 AM.

#10 Admin spameroo

spameroo

Elder of Tallon IV

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 4,842 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 11:06 PM

Yeah I was just showing that pic to someone the other day, because they wanted to find thier stats. I can't remember who it was now though... I think they would have been a Harman Smith... it was in chatzy... who the f was it?

I'm freaking falling asleep sitting here mid word, so I'm gonna go to bed... I'll update the list later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users