• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#11 metroid512

metroid512

Level 1

• Shriekbat
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 03:06 PM

mc511. I will pwn all of you. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

#12 n28

n28

Level 1

• Alpha Splinter
  • 340 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:18 PM

I'm asking for a 360 for christmas, and to ensure that I got the gamertag I wanted I already setup and account (yeah Im a total freak).

you can find it here

I'll accept friend requests and hopefully play some of you come winter time :D

#13 jrr

jrr

Deicidal Maniac

• Chozo Lore Keeper
  • 611 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:35 AM

This is a bit off topic, but if you're looking to get a 360 (or asking for one) you might wanna know about this Amazon deal. They're offering a free $50 game (from a selction of four) with a premium 360 and there's free shipping and no sales tax. That's as good as an $80 price drop (give or take, depending on your state's sales tax), assuming you'd otherwise still pay $50 for one of the games offered. Currently the games offered are Oblivion, Dead Rising, Madden, and Lego Star Wars II. However, the deal originally started out offering Gears of War, and last week Dead Rising wasn't on the list, and I'm fairly certain there was another game in it place. The deal seems like it should run until the end of the month.

Personally I'm gonna pass up getting a Wii this year and take advantage of this, since the 360 simply has more to offer right now, while Twilight Princess is the only Wii game releasing this year that I'm confident will be worth the asking price. However this assuming I come up with the extra $100 I still need before the end of the month, and that either Dead Rising or Oblivion is still one of the offered games.

And once again, sorry for the off topicness, but I thought naia might want to know, and within a few weeks I should hopefully be editing this post to just let everyone know my gamertag.

Oh, and thanks for the heads up about being able to register a gamertag now, as I've been contemplating mine for the past few days. Although I think I'd be happier if it wasn't possible, since now know why it is practically every single one of the several names I would've really liked were already taken by people with the default logo, a gamerscore of 0, a rep of no stars, no games played, and zone listed as none.

Edited by jrr, 11 October 2006 - 10:41 AM.

#14 Admin spameroo

spameroo

Elder of Tallon IV

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 4,842 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 12:15 PM

Jrr, I have to post this IMMEDIATELY to make sure that you don't do something incredibly stupid!

If you have a choice of Dead Rising or Oblivion, DON'T YOU DARE choose Dead Rising! I played the demo, and was pretty much bored with it after 10 minutes, whereas I've sunk over 200 HOURS into Oblivion and still go back and play it. This is so important that I may even PM it to you... but whatever you do, if you can get Oblivion or Dead Rising for FREE, choose Oblivion!

Besides, if you're looking at the monetary value, I'd value Oblivion at at least 100 dollars (the price I'd pay for it) - so it's the better allaround deal ;)

#15 Lyhalu

Lyhalu

Resident Canadian

• Kraid
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:37 PM

As much of actually finding Dead Rising to be a good game, I have to agree that one should choose Oblivion instead, for RPG's tend to take a long time - if even that - to finish, and most gamers these days wants mastodont games so I recommend this American MMORPG for the Xbox 360. Plus, what Roo says is the law ;)

#16 dragonjoe

dragonjoe

Level 2

• Sheegoth
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 04:56 PM

RPGs are for fags.

jk. :P

But honestly, I find myself on the other side of the spectrum. I love Dead Rising to death. I've played thru it twice, have 6/10 of the achievements, and still think there are a good 2 playthroughs left before I get enough main game achievements to be satisfied with my completion, and then I'll start on Infinite mode, which is basically challenging you to stay alive for as long as possible. If you want an RPG that will own your life, pick Oblivion. If you want a game that you can come back to over and over again, without missing a beat after weeks of not playing it, Dead Rising is your best bet.

Sorry guys, I couldn't let you beat up on Dead Rising, my favorite 360 game. ;)

And Ly, Oblivion is NOT an MMO.

#17 jrr

jrr

Deicidal Maniac

• Chozo Lore Keeper
  • 611 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 06:44 PM

I've read/watched some different Dead Rising reviews, and it definitely seems to be the kind of game I'd like. There's a lot of quirky things in it that appeal to me, like photography or being able to pick up random new outfits. Meanwhile the core gameplay seems really fun, and I actually like teh idea of how the save system works. And either way, I'd eventually pick up Oblivion; it's not as if choosing one of these games now keeps the other out of my grasp forever. And value wise Oblivion certainly seems like the optimal choice, but I'll likely go with Dead Rising anyway, because one, Oblivion was released longer ago and will likely drop in price quicker, and two, current circumstances would have me rather pick up a game right now that isn't going to start sucking up all my time, and meanwhile I'll pick up Gears of War on release which can possiblly achieve that through online multiplayer.

And plus, someone saying they got bored with a game's demo only ten minutes into it has absolutely no effect on my perception of the game whatsoever.

#18 dragonjoe

dragonjoe

Level 2

• Sheegoth
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 06:51 PM

I've read/watched some different Dead Rising reviews, and it definitely seems to be the kind of game I'd like. There's a lot of quirky things in it that appeal to me, like photography or being able to pick up random new outfits. Meanwhile the core gameplay seems really fun, and I actually like teh idea of how the save system works. And either way, I'd eventually pick up Oblivion; it's not as if choosing one of these games now keeps the other out of my grasp forever. And value wise Oblivion certainly seems like the optimal choice, but I'll likely go with Dead Rising anyway, because one, Oblivion was released longer ago and will likely drop in price quicker, and two, current circumstances would have me rather pick up a game right now that isn't going to start sucking up all my time, and meanwhile I'll pick up Gears of War on release which can possiblly achieve that through online multiplayer.

And plus, someone saying they got bored with a game's demo only ten minutes into it has absolutely no effect on my perception of the game whatsoever.

My buddies and I played that demo for over 2 hours straight one night, trying to see who could get the most kills in ten minutes. The core gameplay is amazing, if you enjoy smashing zombie heads. ;) Like I said, I'm giving you the complete opposite view of what spam has.

And I'd DEFINITELY suggest Dead Rising if you want to get Gears of War. Gears will probably be owning my soul for a long long time...definitely until the Wii comes out. Keep in mind that while the big box stores like Best Buy won't start selling Gears of War until "Emergence Day", November 12th, the game actually ships on the 7th, and it isn't street dated. So it'd be a good idea to preorder a copy at EB/Gamestop soon, if you want it before the 12th.

#19 Lyhalu

Lyhalu

Resident Canadian

• Kraid
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 07:47 AM

RPGs are for fags.

Ah, I like the smell of Swedish Xboxism in the morning :rolleyes:

EDIT: I counted my words and it is twenty-four words, including this edit ;)

Edited by Lyhalu, 12 October 2006 - 07:51 AM.

#20 Shroom

Shroom

Chozo Benefactor

• Skree
  • 200 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 01:12 PM

Currently the games offered are Oblivion, Dead Rising, Madden, and Lego Star Wars II.

While I'm not going to get into the "which is better" contest that a few of you seem to be getting into (Personally I don't give a crap, I want both!) I'd like to give a fair warning if you are interested in Dead Rising;

Do not buy Dead Rising if you own a standerd TV. Capcom really screwed up and apparently only tested the game on HD TV's, thus making the text for item descriptions, in-game dialogue, and mission objectives unreadable on standerd TVs. To make matters worse, Capcom will not release a patch to fix this problem;

Due to the amount of text and the size of the patch necessary to change the text, a patch isn't possible for this issue. We had asked the team if it was even possible but ... due to the scope of what a patch would need to cover, it wasn't possible.

So yea, comments about how much that sucks aside, keep that in mind if your a fellow zombie lover with a standerd TV still, like me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users