• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ganon

Ganon

Level 3

• Chozo Lore Keeper
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:55 PM

I was wondering, is it possible to install some kind of instant messenger to the forums, that way when you want to talk to someone thats logged in, but isn't on their aim or in chatzy/irc, you can message them instead of sending a PM which takes forever. I'm not saying its needed, im just asking if there is such a thing, we should get it.

So is there?

(btw, already searched invisionize, couldn't find anything, but then again, i usually miss something)

#2 Admin Mega

Mega

Elder of /dev/null

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 01:13 PM

Nope. Things such as this are incredibly difficult to design and configure.

#3 Flack the Jack

Flack the Jack

Level 3

• Pirate Commando
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 01:40 PM

There are simple Shout Boards that I've seen before that lets anyone who is online leave a message, and anyone else who happens to be on at the time can see that message and leave one of their own. The free ones are often just bits of code you plug into some location in the board, then it will appear on the front page, but they don't offer much for customization.

#4 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 04:18 PM

I hate shoutboxes and I'll do everything in my power to keep them from ever being on CS.
That said, like Mega said, unfortunately you won't be seeing anything like an instant messanger on CS. Even if we could find something like that, it would definately cost an arm and a leg. Hell, the 2 officially supported chatroom plugins cost an insane amount, and they're basically Java IRC clients, only not IRC.

#5 CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

has no sense of humor

• Chozo Chancellor
  • 6,855 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 09:35 AM

why do you dislike shoutboxes prime? i was at a forum with one and it was quite nice. gave the ability to chat right there without opening a new window or tab, and one could still easily browse the forums.

i guess the only thing against it would be its a bit of an eyesoar but you can hide it. or at least on that forum you could.

#6 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,540 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:40 AM

I hate shoutboxes and I'll do everything in my power to keep them from ever being on CS.
That said, like Mega said, unfortunately you won't be seeing anything like an instant messanger on CS. Even if we could find something like that, it would definately cost an arm and a leg. Hell, the 2 officially supported chatroom plugins cost an insane amount, and they're basically Java IRC clients, only not IRC.

LOL!!

LOOK WHAT I FOUND, GUYS!!!! :D

Hahhah, so, Pram, do you really hate shoutboxes as much as you used to? Sure as hell doesn't seem that way anymore. ;P

What the dick was that all about? :P

#7 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:27 AM

Yes, I do. While the software we use for the chat is technically a shoutbox app, the term shoutbox typically refers to a small box on every page where people occasionally leave messages rather than an isolated full-page live chat room. With our shoutbox extension, the portion we use is intended as more of an archive page than a live chat solution. It has has a smaller global version, but I disabled that immediately.

#8 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,540 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 12:10 PM

Yes, I do. While the software we use for the chat is technically a shoutbox app, the term shoutbox typically refers to a small box on every page where people occasionally leave messages rather than an isolated full-page live chat room. With our shoutbox extension, the portion we use is intended as more of an archive page than a live chat solution. It has has a smaller global version, but I disabled that immediately.

So you still hate Shoutbox, and you still killed it immediately and never tolerated it, but what we have as a shoutbox isn't the true thing that a shoutbox would be. lol,  "a small box on every page where people occasionally leave messages" sounds pointless, haha. For that, just post in a thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users