• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#151 CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

has no sense of humor

• Chozo Chancellor
  • 6,856 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:22 PM

Since I last posted, we've done four issues of Comics Dash. This is our newest and the one that's the best, I think. I may be drunk

http://wethenerdy.co...rls-at-parties/

#152 CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

has no sense of humor

• Chozo Chancellor
  • 6,856 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 09:26 PM

I return! So I"ve been diving into tons of DC books for that podcast, and most of them are fucking trash. Green Lanterns is bad, Aquaman is bad, and The Flash is fucking abysmal. Superman is surprisingly good, Batman is meh as fuck, Wonder Woman is meh but has potential, and Green Arrow is diving down into shit territory.

Why are super heroes popular again?

On the indie front, Image are fucking killing it with the likes of The Hunt, I Hate Fairyland, Black Road, and Wolf. Dark Horse are doing just as well with Weird Detective and Black Hammer. Boom put out Sombra which could turn into something pretty cool. So yeah, good stuff there. I imagine I"ll end up buying The Hunt when it hits TPB. First issue was fucking amazing! Same could be said of Black Hammer. That was a very strong first installment. Tons of characters and tons of intrigue. Excited as hell for number two.

Edit: i also read a graphic novel called The Scultpor by Scott McCloud. It's fantastic and only $25 for 500+ pages of comic book. Highly recommended.

Edited by CONKERSBADFURDAY, 23 July 2016 - 09:27 PM.

#153 CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

has no sense of humor

• Chozo Chancellor
  • 6,856 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 10:48 AM

Jim Zub is working on a new comic called Glitterbomb. The first issue is amazing.

That's about it.

Oh. Wonder Woman has crept into amazing territory, Detective Comics is really quite good right now (last issue bothered me though but the others have been awesome), Black Hammer still fucking rules, The Hunt still fucking rules, and Superman has slowly crept lower and lower. This week's issue was okay but KRYPTO THE SUPER DOG is dumb as balls. Kill or BE Killed might be something worth reading maybe, and Dark Horse has been killin' it with Aliens stuff. Jeff Steinberg: Champion of Earth rules as does Weird Detective.

I read so many comics now ohmygawd ._.

#154 CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

has no sense of humor

• Chozo Chancellor
  • 6,856 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 02:09 PM

So the Detective Comics arc ended in such a poor fashion that I went from "I will buy this as a trade" to "i will not buy this at all!" Very disappointing.

Uh. Did I ever mention how fucking awesome Dan Abnett is at the Dark Horse LIfe and Death universe of Aliens, Prometheus, Predator, and AvP (forthcoming)? Because holy shit he's been amazing with this series. I'm hving a goddamn blast!

Also recently read the new Neil Gaiman graphic novel, Troll Bridge which was super good. No surprises there.

Uh...Horizon is a pretty fun scifi story. Got some badass blue alien chicks. It's not amazing. Kind of on par with Wolf in quality where it's a fun read but I probably won't ever buy it. Wolf has more unique ideas.

And finally: Wayward starts up again next week! Major hype!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users