• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#11 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• ... with envy
  • 7,472 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:22 PM

Every third post from Plant since he got back has not been a troll, so stupid statements or news posts from him will be ignored until he levels out again lol

#12 Admin EP

EP

Elder of Zebes

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 8,365 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:45 PM

Okay, I made my IP static and the tester I'm using still says the port is closed. I was told this was easy to set up, but nothing about this has been easy at all, so far.

http://www.cctvcamerapros.com/2-Wire-Port-Forwarding-Setup-s/221.htm

It looks like you might also have to change some port information on a 2Wire. Also, I'm not sure, but it looks like 2Wire might forward to a MAC address instead of IP address, so you might not need a static IP.

#13 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• ... with envy
  • 7,472 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:57 PM

Yeah, I did all that on the 2wire, as well as my personal firewall. That's what's so frustrating. I just wanna play Minecraft with my girlfriend since none of my friends have the game as it turns out. This is a much bigger headache than it has to be x.x

#14 Admin EP

EP

Elder of Zebes

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 8,365 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:03 PM

Yeah, I did all that on the 2wire, as well as my personal firewall. That's what's so frustrating. I just wanna play Minecraft with my girlfriend since none of my friends have the game as it turns out. This is a much bigger headache than it has to be x.x

Yeah, sounds like 2wire makes it pretty complicated. :(

#15 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• ... with envy
  • 7,472 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:02 PM

I did some googling for minecraft compliance with my specific router, and as it turns out, on over 3 different forums, a lot of people are having the same problem. Evidently, 2wire does not cooperate with portforwarding at all because these tech-nerds do not have any answers or ideas at this point (and some of these threads are old).

#16 Admin EP

EP

Elder of Zebes

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 8,365 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:18 PM

I did some googling for minecraft compliance with my specific router, and as it turns out, on over 3 different forums, a lot of people are having the same problem. Evidently, 2wire does not cooperate with portforwarding at all because these tech-nerds do not have any answers or ideas at this point (and some of these threads are old).

Wow that sucks. :| You'd think they'd make it easier for the user to set up. Port forwarding really isn't that hard to do. :\

#17 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• ... with envy
  • 7,472 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:27 PM

That's the thing, though. You can go through all the steps to forward the port; the router just doesn't function and will not open it properly.

#18 Admin EP

EP

Elder of Zebes

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 8,365 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:56 PM

That's the thing, though. You can go through all the steps to forward the port; the router just doesn't function and will not open it properly.

Dang, that's a pretty big failure.

#19 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• ... with envy
  • 7,472 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 10:12 PM

I actually tried just setting it to open all ports to see if that would help, and still closed.

This is the most retarded problem I could have run into considering how complicated setting up a server should be.

#20 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,540 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:35 AM

Is this a horrible troll-fail or something?

No, I was dead serious, and whoever -1 repped my other post in this thread can eat a dong. xP

I'd stay away from the game and its news from the name alone, so it shouldn't be a surprise that I don't know shit about it. Also, I've expressed many times here at CS that I don't like RTSs, [mostly all] turn-based battles, Simulator games, and others. I hate it when games have ripoffs of each other, and since I haven't heard a lot more about Minecraft than I have by now, I'm assuming it's not an official Blizzard game--maybe some nobodies who released a game for free, like the guys behind WarRock. That being the case, they'd be a bunch of fags who should eat shit for making a WarCraft clone taking place in boring mines and stealing an established name to garner attention for their own potentially shitty game.

[edit]

So I finally brought myself to wiki this thing... It's not a Blizzard game, but it doesn't look like an RTS..... But it's the ugliest thing I've seen in 3D in a looong time. ^_____________________________^;

Edited by Plant42, 24 January 2011 - 11:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users