• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#11 CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

has no sense of humor

• Chozo Chancellor
  • 6,856 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:36 PM

It's funny; I still have a lot of my old toys from when I was a kid packed away somewhere in some storage area. I'd love to get them out, and maybe I will sooner or later. I don't have much display room, and I'm nerdy enough where I don't know if I'd really want to, but fuck, nostalgia creeps up and feels me up at the oddest of times.

Beast Wars man! LEGOS man! Those, I know I still have locked away somewhere. Most of my old shit is gone, I hope. I still have my Pokemon cards :3 Those are like toys. All 151 Pokemon in a binder, along with some other random cards that were free. Man, I got them all! I'm still fucking proud of that. SRSLY

I do want those Halo megablox. Last time I was at Target, they didn't have the sets I want, so I never bothered. But, I might have to order them. I dunno. What spending money I have has sort of been designated to booze.

#12 Admin EP

EP

Elder of Zebes

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 8,365 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:24 PM

Haha I forgot about Beast Wars. I had tons of them and Gundam but unfortunately they have been destroyed being in the toy box for years.

#13 Jonny The Pie King

Jonny The Pie King

100000th Post (*confetti flies*)

• Kriken
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:22 AM

I like legos.

But no, I don't have any of those sorts of toys laying around....or even at my apartment I think. I dunno, I personally don't have a huge interest in statues or anything of the sort. Toys are meant to be played with, and the only time I get to "play" is pretty much dedicated to videogames or going to parties :P

#14 Sage AtownKED

AtownKED

Level 4

• Sage Sage
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:33 AM

I don't have any more "toys" laying around, but I do have a whole lot of plastic instruments from RB/GH.

And I still have a majority of my Yu-Gi-Oh cards, and a few Pokémon cards.

#15 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• ... with envy
  • 7,472 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:08 PM

I have a ton of Pokemon and YuGiOh, and about 2 whole Magic decks, although I never got into it.

I also have a decent selection of DnD miniatures. Not enough variety to do any adventure, but they're all dungeon-staples. Like, a forest encounter would be hard to structure, but I have a lot of undead, insects, spiders, and flame monsters. Enough to make a threatening underground journey.

#16 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• ... with envy
  • 7,472 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:19 PM

Not sure if anyone is following the toy coverage, but this week is Toy Fair 2011 in New York. Sooooo wish I was there.

Some cool stuff in LEGO, Transformers, Halo, Square Enix, kind of what you'd expect. But a kind of big surprise is Valve okay'd some TF2 action figures.

With interchangeable weapons.

And collectible hats.

Collectible hats.

Hats.

I'm totally angry/happy/surprised at that.
Transformers is making some LEGO-compatible building blocks based on Transformers. Both minifigs and actual transforming vehicles you build. Kind of an interesting move, considering they could have just given Megablocks the OK to do it with their talented manufacturers.

Also last week was a toy convention in Japan, or something, and Figma unveiled some neat-o torpedo Drossel stuff. Not sure if anyone here watches Disney's Fireball.
Also, D-Arts (I think) is doing even more Digimon figures, namely my favorite, Blackwargreymon (which is what Skullgreymon digivolves to). And he looks beautiful. My girl's favorite digimon, too. Gallantmon and Omnimon (complete with bitching accessories).

OHFUCK
Also forgot to mention the series 2 line of Mass Effect 2 toys is canceled. I guess DC Direct (or whomever is the manufacturer) delayed series 1 just one too many times and Bioware is done dealing with their unprofessional behavior in production. Personally, I thought the Dragon Age toys were poorly designed as well.

I guess fans are hoping Bioware will go with a different company and try again with Mass Effect 3, but for now I wouldn't be surprised to see no toys come out.

Edited by Blackskullgreymon, 14 February 2011 - 07:29 PM.

#17 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:32 PM

I got this bad boy from my girlfriend for my birthday. :)

http://ep.yimg.com/c..._2148_353307847

I have it positioned in a fighting stance with General Grievous. :P

#18 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• ... with envy
  • 7,472 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:55 PM

So far, the Reach line has been pretty good, but apparently Emile sucks. His hand doesn't really grip the shotgun, and a lot of people have said his leg joints are a tad loose at times. Jorge, on the other hand, kicks ass.

I sort of want a Skirmisher, but maybe after they come out with the version with the mini arm shield/weapons.

My Halo toys are Master Chief (w/ Guitar Hero controller) and Grifball.

#19 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:16 PM

So far that's my only Halo figurine, but if I can get more shelf space I'll probably get a lot more. My girlfriend would have gotten me the Warthog that can seat the SPARTAN figures, but I told her it was too much, and was way too big anyway hahah.

And yeah, the Skimisher one is pretty bad-ass. I'm pretty hyped for the newest series that's coming out this year myself. Halo CE Chief (lawl polygons) and the Banshee are awesome.

#20 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• ... with envy
  • 7,472 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:34 PM

That CE Chief is awfully tempting. But it's neat they are doing some cool new things with the series. The Halo 3 line just went downhill for a while.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users