• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Ganon

Ganon

Level 3

• Chozo Lore Keeper
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:20 PM

Since we are now the official exclusive branch of the CS, the LTers, shouldn't we have some exclusive stuff only available to us ? (Plus this should go here since it is LT content idea).

Like maybe our own store with more stuff. Or we should have some kinds of greater privelages, other then just the LT forums part. Maybe we get reduced prices in the store or maybe are allowed larger avs sizes, or every LTer has one uniform pip, etc. I want it so that there is more then just a forum seperating us and the rest of the forum. I want to be exclusive in that we get things the norms can't.

So you guys have any ideas ? And what do the admins think ? You guys all for it ?

#2 Birdie

Birdie

Level 1

• Shriekbat
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:27 PM

Sounds a bit elitist to me. The majority of us are LTers, so the shop should just automatically discount if that were the case :P. We here at CS are striving for equality, we don't want newcomers to leave because some users are automatically priveleged just because they were a member of the previous forum.

#3 Ganon

Ganon

Level 3

• Chozo Lore Keeper
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:29 PM

Sounds a bit elitist to me. The majority of us are LTers, so the shop should just automatically discount if that were the case :P. We here at CS are striving for equality, we don't want newcomers to leave because some users are automatically priveleged just because they were a member of the previous forum.

It isn't that they can't get in, they can, as long as they show their proof. If a member were to maturly add to discussions and to the community/forum, then ofcourse the admins will ask him to be part of the LTers. Thats what the admins have said they will do. We are like the sages of the CS. Anyone can become one if they prove themselve worthy.

#4 Birdie

Birdie

Level 1

• Shriekbat
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:34 PM

It isn't that they can't get in, they can, as long as they show their proof. If a member were to maturly add to discussions and to the community/forum, then ofcourse the admins will ask him to be part of the LTers. Thats what the admins have said they will do. We are like the sages of the CS. Anyone can become one if they prove themselve worthy.

I dislike this sort of seperation. It's always good to prove yourself worthy and be rewarded for it, but when some people need to work for it while others don't is unfair. If we are to work for priveleges, then the community as a whole has to work for it. Instead of LTers getting the privleges, why not make a certain point for discounts at the store? I like the idea, save the idea that it's "LT" only. If you reword it to "Great users", than the idea could go through.

With the sage thing, once again we are mostly LTers. You can't have too many chiefs and not enough indians.

#5 Ganon

Ganon

Level 3

• Chozo Lore Keeper
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:40 PM

I dislike this sort of seperation. It's always good to prove yourself worthy and be rewarded for it, but when some people need to work for it while others don't is unfair. If we are to work for priveleges, then the community as a whole has to work for it. Instead of LTers getting the privleges, why not make a certain point for discounts at the store? I like the idea, save the idea that it's "LT" only. If you reword it to "Great users", than the idea could go through.

With the sage thing, once again we are mostly LTers. You can't have too many chiefs and not enough indians.

Yes and LTers will be the great users. I mean, we had to be great users to get into LT. They didn't just pick anybody. So if your a great user, you might as well become an LTer. And this is only the beginning Birdie. The Sanctuary will soon grow very large and most of the members won't be from LT.

#6 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:50 PM

LTers already have access to these 4 boards, and for me, that seems enough. I don't think just having membership at another forum (that cannot be accessed in anyway) should give users a Sage-like status here.

#7 Ganon

Ganon

Level 3

• Chozo Lore Keeper
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:58 PM

LTers already have access to these 4 boards, and for me, that seems enough. I don't think just having membership at another forum (that cannot be accessed in anyway) should give users a Sage-like status here.

Then what should ? I mean this is the only special section at CS other then the elder stuff. LTers have already proved themselve in that they got into LT. We were picked, and not just only for the first ones, but also those that got in with the MP2E code. Not all invites send out with that code were accepted automaticly. They were picked because they deemed themselve necessary, and you know this prime. You are an LTer, don't forget that.

#8 Admin EP

EP

Elder of Zebes

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 8,365 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 01:23 PM

No. We arn't going to judge people on whether they got into LT or not.

#9 Ganon

Ganon

Level 3

• Chozo Lore Keeper
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 01:28 PM

No. We arn't going to judge people on whether they got into LT or not.

Alright w/e. As long as it is because of good conduct and service to the forum, which LTers have done. Now to the actual issue of this thread. Are we going to have some exclusives ?

#10 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 02:22 PM

But what could be available as exclusive? The only thing available is what we could manage to get off of LT before it closed.

And it's not like the admins have the power to just walk up to Retro Studios and tell them "Gimme all the f'n info about Metroid Prime 3!" like how NOA gets too. <.<;;

Instead of bugging the admins, why not make your own content to give to the LT boards. That could be the exclusives here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users