• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#11 Admin spameroo

spameroo

Elder of Tallon IV

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 4,842 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 04:34 PM

I'd love for us to be able to give exclusive content, but seeing as we as admins are absolutely no different from you in terms of the game industry, I don't see what we could possibly have to offer.

Down the road, once the main site is more fully featured, we're going to be applying for press status with Nintendo, and possibly Sony and Microsoft, so maybe then we will have things we can share, such as high-res images that IGN and Gamespot don't generally give out.

Until then, this will basically have to be like post-leak LT, where the exclusive content is user-made.

#12 Ganon

Ganon

Level 3

• Chozo Lore Keeper
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 05:15 PM

In my first post, i didn't mention anything of what you two are talking about. I asked for things the admins could do, such as reduced prices at the store, a pip for all LTers so we can identify each other, etc. All the things you guys mention sound even better then what i said but it isn't what i meant. I know we don't have that type of status and that is why i didn't ask for things such as that.

So what about things that are in the admins powers ?

#13 Admin EP

EP

Elder of Zebes

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 8,365 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 03:17 AM

Our great editorials :D.

I really don't know if we will have any more "LT" exclusives. We might have a special rank in the future (a la Sage), and it is likely that former LT members will get in due to our knowledge of their posts, but until then I think these special boards might be it.

#14 Ganon

Ganon

Level 3

• Chozo Lore Keeper
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 01:50 PM

Our great editorials :D.

I really don't know if we will have any more "LT" exclusives. We might have a special rank in the future (a la Sage), and it is likely that former LT members will get in due to our knowledge of their posts, but until then I think these special boards might be it.

Not even discounts in the store or our own pip ? It just seems like those are pretty easy things to give.

#15 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 04:23 PM

Not even discounts in the store or our own pip ? It just seems like those are pretty easy things to give.

Dsicounts may be possible in the future, but at the moment it reamins a no. We'll wait until the normal users far out-number the LTers.

#16 Admin EP

EP

Elder of Zebes

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 8,365 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 09:14 PM

We don't want to make people feel like they are lesser members. Pips are really anything too cool, but the can make others feel bad. As for discounts, it would take a lot to program, and we really don't feel like making things cheaper at the moment.

#17 Ganon

Ganon

Level 3

• Chozo Lore Keeper
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 09:52 PM

We don't want to make people feel like they are lesser members. Pips are really anything too cool, but the can make others feel bad. As for discounts, it would take a lot to program, and we really don't feel like making things cheaper at the moment.

5,000 credits is alot for a rank. And since donating is the best way to get credits, you would have to donate $50 dollars to get a rank. $50 is a bit too much, IMO. And if donating is already to hard to get the cheapest rank, then im pretty sure all other methods of getting credits is almost not even worth the time.

#18 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 10:34 PM

5,000 credits is alot for a rank. And since donating is the best way to get credits, you would have to donate $50 dollars to get a rank. $50 is a bit too much, IMO. And if donating is already to hard to get the cheapest rank, then im pretty sure all other methods of getting credits is almost not even worth the time.

Donate a few bucks ever couple weeks or so, enter a lot of contests, open shops, and submit content and you can actually rack up those pointseasily. But we still want it to take at least a little while, as we don't want people rushing out and getting these things immediately.

Plus, we also kinda want money, as we kinda need it to keep the site going. :P

Edited by Prime, 22 July 2006 - 10:35 PM.

#19 Ganon

Ganon

Level 3

• Chozo Lore Keeper
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 10:36 AM

Donate a few bucks ever couple weeks or so, enter a lot of contests, open shops, and submit content and you can actually rack up those pointseasily. But we still want it to take at least a little while, as we don't want people rushing out and getting these things immediately.

Plus, we also kinda want money, as we kinda need it to keep the site going. :P

Right...............

*Sees Prime pocket some CS donations*

I belive you. ;)

#20 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 01:40 PM

Right...............

*Sees Prime pocket some CS donations*

I belive you. ;)

<.<
>.>

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Uh, I'm just a....Going out to buys something for the site right now! Yeah! That's it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users