• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 04:06 PM

And I rated a lot of Conker's posts 1 stars, but I made sure to read them and make sure they were worth one star.  I think spam rated 50 of your posts 5 stars blindly >:(.

I did that once, just because I was really bored and I to see how long it would take to raise him .1. Didn't go up after about 50+, so I quit. XD

Edited by Prime, 27 July 2006 - 05:14 AM.

#42 Admin EP

EP

Elder of Zebes

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 8,365 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 02:25 AM

And I rated a lot of Conker's posts 1 stars, but I made sure to read them and make sure they were worth one star.  I think spam rated 50 of your posts 5 stars blindly >:(.

I did that once, just because I was really bored and I to see how long it would take to raise him .1. Didn't go up after about 50+, so I quit. XD

Haha, you guys are so malicious!

Edited by Prime, 27 July 2006 - 05:14 AM.

#43 CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

has no sense of humor

• Chozo Chancellor
  • 6,859 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 09:25 AM

Yeah, we never found out who that jerk was, although I have a couple people who I suspect of it.  For my part, I always tried to even those out, because the posts that they rated didn't deserve a rating at all, but since they had one, it should have been at least the 3 that I could make it.

And yeah... pacts to rate people's posts... never did that  <_<

just like how you and EP didnt have anything to do with getting caddi Moded here if he got you saged at NSider...

No, he was going to tell us tips on how to get saged.

And I rated a lot of Conker's posts 1 stars, but I made sure to read them and make sure they were worth one star. I think spam rated 50 of your posts 5 stars blindly >:(.

dumb fag

i reported you more than anyone else at LT for spamming. admins didnt give a shit though.

#44 Admin EP

EP

Elder of Zebes

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 8,365 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 10:56 PM

Yeah, we never found out who that jerk was, although I have a couple people who I suspect of it.  For my part, I always tried to even those out, because the posts that they rated didn't deserve a rating at all, but since they had one, it should have been at least the 3 that I could make it.

just like how you and EP didnt have anything to do with getting caddi Moded here if he got you saged at NSider...

And I rated a lot of Conker's posts 1 stars, but I made sure to read them and make sure they were worth one star. I think spam rated 50 of your posts 5 stars blindly >:(.

dumb fag

i reported you more than anyone else at LT for spamming. admins didnt give a shit though.

Because I wasn't spamming :P

Silly Conner.

#45 CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

has no sense of humor

• Chozo Chancellor
  • 6,859 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 07:57 AM

dumb fag

Because I wasn't spamming :P

Silly Conner.

"DOLE"

#46 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 01:26 PM

"DOLE"

Would you rather him say "The banana company that is in question is named 'Dole'."? Same thing.

#47 Admin EP

EP

Elder of Zebes

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 8,365 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 03:10 AM

"DOLE"

Would you rather him say "The banana company that is in question is named 'Dole'."? Same thing.

Haha. Actually, "Dole!" was more fitting because it gave it a commical presence (which was an important part of the post.)

Conner wanted me to do this:

Jrr, the company you do not know the name of, and do not desire to know, is none other than Dole, also known as the Dole Food Company.  Although you probably have stopped reading at this point, or even prior to learning it was Dole, I feel the need to inform you more about this company, destroying any commical connections which could have became of this piece.

Dole Food Company, Inc., is an American-based agricultural multinational corporation headquarted in Westlake Village, California and is the leading grower and packer of such food items as banana, nuts, pineapple and other fresh fruits and vegetables. It was founded in 1901 in Hawaii as Hawaiian Pineapple Company by James Dole, who opened his first pineapple plantation in the central plateau of the Hawaiian island of Oahu. Today the company does business in over 90 countries and takes in upwards of US$ 5.3 billion in annual revenue.

The Hawaiian Pineapple Company was later acquired by Castle & Cooke, which was renamed Dole Food Company, Inc in 1991. Castle & Cooke Inc, a real estate company, was spun off in 1995 and now separately listed. Dole incorporates the Standard Fruit Company, which was acquired by Castle & Cooke between 1964 and 1968. It was then the USA's second largest producer and importer of bananas. Dole and Chiquita remain the top two U.S. banana companies.

Historically, the Hawaiian Pineapple Company had a hand in the overthrow of Hawaii's last Queen, Liliuokalani, and helped the U.S. establish Hawaii as a territory. Sanford Dole, the cousin of James Dole, was briefly president of the Republic of Hawaii in the years immediately following the overthrow of the Hawaiian monarchy, in 1893.

Dole Food Company, Inc.,is member of the SA8000 Social Accountability International (SAI), which are criticized in 2002 by the Human Rights Watch and in 2005, a Clean Clothes Campaign report found repeated evidence of violations of SA8000 standards in factories that had received SA8000 accreditation through such third-party social audits.

Hopefully by now you know all you need to know about Dole.  Now you can see how inferior you are to my superior knowledge, and you can see that I am an upstanding member of the LT community.

EDIT:
I feel that you may not know what a "pineabpple", a "banana", Hawaii, or company is, so I feel the need to brief you on those topics.

The pineapple (Ananas comosus) is a tropical plant and fruit (berry), native to Brazil, Bolivia, Peru, and Paraguay. The plant is a bromeliad (family Bromeliaceae), a short, herbaceous perennial with 30 or more trough-shaped and pointed leaves 30–100 cm long, surrounding a thick stem. The leaves of the Smooth Cayenne cultivar mostly lack spines except at the leaf tip, but the Spanish and Queen cultivars have large spines along the leaf margins.

A banana is a herb, in the genus Musa, which because of its size and structure, is often mistaken for a tree. It is cultivated for its fruit, which bears the same name. Bananas are of the family Musaceae and closely related to plantains. Globally, bananas rank fourth after rice, wheat and maize in human consumption; they are grown in 130 countries worldwide, more than for any other fruit crop. Bananas are native to tropical southeastern Asia.

The main or upright growth is called a pseudostem, which, when mature, will obtain a height of 2–8 m (varies by cultivar), with leaves of up to 3.5 m in length. Each pseudostem produces a single bunch of bananas, before dying and being replaced by a new pseudostem. The base of the plant is a rhizome (known as a corm). Corms are perennial, with a productive lifespan of 15 years or more.

The term banana is applied to both the plant and its elongated fruit (technically a false berry) which grow in hanging clusters, with up to 20 fruit to a tier (called a hand), and 5-20 tiers to a bunch. The total of the hanging clusters is known as a bunch, or commercially as a "banana stem", and can weigh from 30–50 kg. The fruit averages 125g, of which approximately 75% is water and 25% dry matter content. Bananas are a valuable source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and potassium.

Bananas are classified either as dessert bananas (meaning they are yellow and fully ripe when eaten) or as green cooking bananas. Almost all export bananas are of the dessert variety; however, only about 10-15% of all production is for export, with the U.S. and EU being the dominant buyers.

Hawaiʻi is the only U.S. state that is completely surrounded by water. It is one of two states that do not share a border with another U.S. state (Alaska being the other). It is the southernmost state of the United States.

In addition to possessing the southernmost point in the United States, it is the only state that lies completely in the tropics. One of two states outside the contiguous United States, it is the only state without territory on the mainland of any continent. It is also the only state that continues to grow in area because of active extrusive lava flows, most notably from Kīlauea. It has more endangered species per square mile than anywhere else.

The Hawaiian Archipelago comprises nineteen islands and atolls extending across a distance of 1,500 miles (2,400 km). Of these, eight high islands are considered the "main islands" and are located at the southeastern end of the archipelago. These islands are, in order from the northwest to southeast, Niʻihau, Kauaʻi, Oʻahu, Molokaʻi, Lānaʻi, Kahoʻolawe, Maui and the Island of Hawaiʻi.
Map of Hawaii - PDF
Enlarge
Map of Hawaii - PDF

All of the Hawaiian Islands were formed by volcanoes arising from the sea floor through a vent described in geological theory as a hotspot. The theory maintains that as the tectonic plate beneath much of the Pacific Ocean moves in a northwesterly direction, the hot spot remains stationary, slowly creating new volcanoes. This explains why only volcanoes on the southern half of the Island of Hawaiʻi are presently active.

The last volcanic eruption outside the Island of Hawaiʻi happened at Haleakalā on Maui in the late 18th century. The newest volcano to form is Lōʻihi, deep below the waters off the southern coast of the Island of Hawaiʻi.

The islands are the farthest removed from any other body of land in the world. The isolation of the Hawaiian Islands in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, and the wide range of environments to be found on high islands located in and near the tropics, has resulted in a vast array of endemic flora and fauna, with a considerable number found exclusively in Hawaii or the surrounding ocean. Because of the islands' volcanic formation, native life before human activity is said to have arrived by the "3 W's": wind, waves, and wings. The volcanic activity and subsequent erosion created impressive geological features.

Hawaiʻi is notable for rainfall: Mount Waiʻaleʻale, on the island of Kauaʻi, has the second highest average annual rainfall on earth: about 460 inches (11.7 m). The Big Island of Hawaiʻi is notable as the world's fifth highest island. If the height of the island is measured from its base, deep in the ocean, to its snow-clad peak on Mauna Kea, it can be considered one of the tallest mountains in the world.

In law, a company refers to a legal entity formed which has a separate legal identity from its members, and is ordinarily incorporated to undertake commercial business. Although some jurisdictions refer to unincorporated entities as companies, in most jurisdictions the term refers only to incorporated entities. It has been judicially remarked that "the word company has no strictly legal meaning", but is taken to mean a specific form of entity created under the laws of the relevant jurisdiction. Because of the limited liability of the members of the company for the company's debts and the separate personality and tax treatment of the company, it has become the most popular form of business vehicle in most countries in the world.

Lacking a concise definition of their own, companies are often defined by reference to what they are not. Companies are separate and distinct from:

* sole traders
    * partnerships
    * trusts, although conceptually trustees managing a trust fund for the benefit of beneficiaries is in many ways similar to the directors managing the company's assets for the benefit of the shareholders.
    * guilds
    * unincorporated associations of persons, or clubs

Modern companies are generally formed for one of three purposes:

* non-profit companies, formed for social, charitable or quasi-charitable purposes to provide the sponsors with the benefit of limited liability and to form an administratively convenient mechanisms for the administration of the organization.
    * small business companies, usually formed by either sole traders or partners to take advantage of limited liability and (sometimes) as a means of tax avoidance, whilst still retaining overall control in the hands of the founders.
    * public investment companies, formed to enable members of the public to invest in a business or enterprise without actually becoming involved in the running of it (which is left to the board of directors).

I should probably elaborate on Law, a map, the world, and and liability, but I just don't have the time. I know I will probably be dubbed a "Spammer", and be shunned by the general public, but it is a risk I must take. I do feel sorry that I will leave some uneducated members, such as Conker, in the dark. I truely wish I could explain to him what every word I use means.

Edited by EMPRERORPENGUIN, 29 July 2006 - 03:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users