Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Resident Evil: Revelations coming to consoles?

Resident Evil hd remake capcom Xbox 360 PS3

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

The Wii U is certainly capable of 3D output, more-so than the PS3 and 360 due the superior GPU, but as far as I know the SDK doesn't officially support it as of yet. I'm pretty sure they said that when the install base for 3D TVs go up they'll add in official support.

#22 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• ... with envy
  • 7,472 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

It's weird the way progress is so nebulous and vague, right now.  There was a period where the N64 was coming out and you could tell it was a step forward because Mario64 was clearly the most advanced thing in Toys R Us to-date.  And when the GCN came out, FUCK that N64 garbage, look at how clear Luigi's fat nose is in this game!  And then the Xbox360 hits and HOLY COW HD gaming is clearly the demand of the future.  

Now it's kinda, "Hey, so...motion controls are kinda...important?  This system over here does 3D, but you need a tv that does a certain kind of 3D that isn't really standardized yet, and not all the games are 3D...and this system does online better, or something?"  People are looking at how good the PS4 is, but it's not that clear 50-yard-leap-into-the-future that generations past have had.  

#23 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,542 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

FUCK MAN!! I WANT THIS SHIT NAO!! FUCKING HAWT H-DEE GRAPHICZX!!11

Also, in case you guys didn't catch this news bit, Rachel--the hottest bitch in all of Resident Evil even though you only ever see 40% of her face--is gonna become a playable character in Raid Mode! :D This alone makes me wanna get Revelations all over again. :3

015579.jpg

015581.jpg

eng_rachel_rachel_001_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

original.jpg

And there are also brand new enemies in the HD version, such as this new T-Abyss mutation, the Wall Blister:

848ecf402bdb7b22970c1e531ed319fe.jpg

In the 3DS version of Revelations, Rachel's normal 3D model was like... never used. Pretty much. They NEVER showed her moving or played any audio of her talking any lines. You just <*spoilers?*> see her dead on the floor right away.

The TGS trailer where you first see Rachel moving around and talking and touching zombie cum (err, the T-Abyss Ooze's slime)... that was all entirely cut/absent from the final 3DS release. I hope there will be more scenes added for the HD version, including that zombie cum thing. I wanna see how she got there and what she was doing. In fact, it'd be really neat to actually PLAY some Rachel story chapters. ;^; I hope I'm right and we get Rachel chapters!!!

Edited by Plant42, 26 March 2016 - 09:06 AM.

#24 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,542 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

So, for whatever reason... Resident Evil Revelations for Wii U.... though I'd think it'd take more work/resources to make its version..... costs a lot less than its other counterparts, if you get it from Amazon. First of all, I thought this game would be $60 out the door, but it's going to be a budget $50 title. That's nice because it's a port of an older game, but I still didn't expect a budget launch price. Anyway...

RevelationsAmazonPricing_zps37959b79.png

...the Wii U version is only $40! There are various shipping options, including a "Free 5-8 Day Shipping" option since you're spending over $25, but if you want to receive it at launch (and aren't an Amazon Prime member), you'll have to pay $7.98 for shipping. My (Florida tax-free masterstaterace) tax is $0, so even with that launch-day shipping I still end up paying less than retail: $47.97

But that's fuckin' weird! I wonder why Amazon/Capcom set their Wii U price at $40 and the others to $50 (the Capcom Store sells all three versions @ $50). It's obviously the same exact package, except with bonus control/interactive options, right? I wonder if they're trying to promote Nintendo's shit..? Maybe throwing a bone[r] to the Nintendo fans that probably already own the 3DS version and are just looking for a double-dip?

Honestly, my first thought was whether this was a misprint. If so, I wanna buy this shit before they correct the error, but I want to wait til my tax refund clears into my account before doing so. Anyway, for you Amazon-savvy guys, what would happen if I pre-ordered my shit from them and the transaction cleared but they did typo the Wii U version price and later adjusted it to the correct price? Would they sap more money out of my card instantly, or would my order get canceled and/or not arrive on time, or would I get away with murder while Amazon takes the losses up its ass?

Edited by Plant42, 09 April 2013 - 09:37 PM.

#25 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

Honestly, my first thought was whether this was a misprint. If so, I wanna buy this shit before they correct the error, but I want to wait til my tax refund clears into my account before doing so. Anyway, for you Amazon-savvy guys, what would happen if I pre-ordered my shit from them and the transaction cleared but they did typo the Wii U version price and later adjusted it to the correct price? Would they sap more money out of my card instantly, or would my order get canceled and/or not arrive on time, or would I get away with murder while Amazon takes the losses up its ass?

Well first off, don't worry about it being a typo. It's not, but it doesn't matter anyway. Pre-orders aren't charged to your card until the product ships. Also, with their pre-order price guarantee you pay the lowest price listed between the time you place your order and the time the product releases. So if you pre-order right now, the price drops to $29.99, and then goes all the way back up to $49.99, you will still only pay $29.99, guaranteed. So because of that, if I were you I'd pre-order asap.

Also, you can get a 1 month Amazon Prime trial btw. I milked the fuck out of mine. :P

#26 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,542 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

A few things:

First of all, the Demo of this game are now live on all platforms, including the Wii U eShop. They went up Last Tuesday, the 14th.

Also, the Demo has this game's new Infernal mode for you to try out. It is indeed different from the 3DS's Hell mode/difficulty. In the Demo, if you choose to play on Infernal, you'll get to use other weapons, including a machine gun and a shotgun. Most exciting is that Infernal mode lets you encounter the new enemy! I speak of this son of a bitch, of course:

848ecf402bdb7b22970c1e531ed319fe.jpg

...granted that you can even reach him. Infernal mode is FUCKING HARD! I tried many times, and I only actually got to this guy a single time... and then he killed me with a scripted one-hit kill attack. >:(

Aaaand the newest piece of info... Revelations now has a new level of fucking corniness. NEW COSTUMES!! Resident Evil loves not taking itself seriously when it comes to shit like this, lol. Following the nautical theme of Revelations, Capcom brings you...

SAILOR CHRIS!  PIRATE JILL!  And NINJA KEITH!

2f8b87b84ffc9b9e97c646160057b2cb.jpg

Okay, so Ninjas aren't really nautical... but this costume looks a hell of a lot more like a Pirate than a Ninja. :P

Edited by Plant42, 26 March 2016 - 09:14 AM.

#27 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,542 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

Capcom announced today that if you get this game for Wii U before June 18th, you'll be treated to Free DLC... specifically speaking, you'll get free guns... guns, all of that you can freely obtain just by playing the game, if my 3DS game version memory serves me correctly. The guns are:

Jill's Samurai Edge

aec3fece2c89b925ce3721e48e83fc04.jpg?v=2

Parker's Government

d690270be216d377b9e6ae6808ea43e3.jpg?v=2

and Jessica's rapid-fire G18

e5f82c8b924b59c5ad8f7d8746d8b665.jpg?v=2

If you get this game, make sure you get the DLC while it's Free. After June 18th you'll have to pay if you want to get these guns without having to work for them. Purchasing these guns will unlock them for both Campaign and Raid Mode... but coming from someone who 100%'d Raid Mode, these handguns are total shit... or better said, all handguns are total shit. Maybe if these guns were Level 50 and had 6 Attachment Slots each, then they would be worth paying money to own them (or even wasting a slot to put them into your loadout), but I'd be surprised if they were anything special when it comes to power.

This seems like a shitty throw-away DLC which should ALWAYS be free. If you can get it while it's free then go ahead, but I wouldn't waste a dime on this shit.

Edited by Plant42, 16 May 2013 - 05:02 PM.

#28 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

According to the guys behind Metro: Last Light, retailers are more or less forcing 'exclusive' pre-order bonuses now. They can release them at a cost later, but the only way they can be free is through pre-orders. So that's why were seeing stuff like this (and Metro's hard mode pre-order DLC, Borderlands 2's Creature Slaughter Dome, etc.) lately. My guess is Capcom didn't want to do any pre-order DLC, so they just said fuck it and invented the "Pre-order Pistol Pack™".

#29 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,542 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

Hmm. good point, puto.

I didn't give the whole story/post the whole shit cuz I'm a Nintendo fanboy and I figured that I am the only person here that's actually gonna get this game. :P

But here's said "whole shit": http://www.capcom-un...n-pack-for-free

Although Wii U gets it free from the eShop between Launch and June 18th...

"360, PS3 players, you have access to this pack via pre-order offers, so everyone has a shot at this free goodness. Steam players have their own set of goodies, unlocked as part of the tier system."

Anyway, a quick comment about the Demo (available now), I've noticed some less-than-perfect framerates at times, which was disappointing. I hope the finalized game will not suffer from this, tho I'm not expecting better presentation at launch.

Edited by Plant42, 17 May 2013 - 04:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users