• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:45 PM

Eh, why not? The Wii is still outselling the Wii U, and shifting Wii sales over to the Wii Mini means they'll be padding out their profits a tad more due to lower manufacturing costs. At this point there's really nothing that can be done to hurt the Wii U any worse, so they might as well find some ways to make more money here and there while they figure out how to salvage the thing.

And honestly, depending on how long they sell the Mini here and how long the NWFC stays online, I might even consider getting one.

#12 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,211 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:48 PM

Except Wii Mini has zero online support.  NWFC/WiiConnect24 isn't supported on Wii Mini.  <.<

EDIT - Unless hackers improvised online networking capability for Wii Mini to enable NWFC support at the very least.  >.>

Edited by Ngamer01, 04 November 2013 - 08:49 PM.

#13 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:29 PM

Except Wii Mini has zero online support.  NWFC/WiiConnect24 isn't supported on Wii Mini.  <.<

EDIT - Unless hackers improvised online networking capability for Wii Mini to enable NWFC support at the very least.  >.>

Having written this thread, yes, I know that... I just mean that if the NWFC dies soon, which it probably will, the only downfall of the Wii Mini will be a moot point anyway.

And I really don't see anyone hacking in online support for the Wii Mini. Between the missing hardware and the custom version of the Wii System Menu, the simplest way to do it would be to literally throw a Wii's guts into a Wii Mini case, and I don't see why anyone would bother.

#14 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• ... with envy
  • 7,472 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:52 PM

My coworker is going to buy one of these.

She wanted to buy a used Wii, but I let her know this was coming here and she'd prefer getting one new out of box.  She's like 60 with several grandkids that stay at her place all the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users