• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#1 LINKXZERO

LINKXZERO

Level 3

• Kriken
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

This can be a general call of duty thread if you all like. (Edit from Prime: I'd rather it stay BlOps 2 only) For now since BO2 is out it will mainly revolve around it. I was also gonna but this in the Nintendo general thread since I'll be referring to the Wii U version but since this is a multi platform game it's best suited here.

Anyways, I bought this game around the Wii U launch but haven't really got a chance to play it till now. And man am I loving this game, particularly online multiplayer. Now I've played CoD before on the 360 but never really enjoyed it. But something about being able to play a CoD title with Wii motion controls really immerses me and makes it fun to play.

So on to experiences. Plant and I have been partying up and enjoying pwning online. The community is not nearly as big as in 360 or PS3 but its big enough to enjoy a good fragfest. Lag also seems to be nonexistent but there are questionable moments here and there. That is there are instances where you can unload a clip into a person only to have them turn around and kill you with two shots. The kill cams are totally inaccurate too as when you see their screen it shows them taking no damage but you clearly had hit markers on your screen. It seems to be improving though as this game is being patched by its developers.

So yeah if anybody else has this game feel free to post your experiences. Also if anybody else has this for Wii U, you should join Plant and I in the pwnage. :P

Edited by Prime, 07 January 2013 - 12:23 AM.

#2 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,525 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

THIS IS PLANT!

Yes, it's official: This game is the shit, but only on Wii U where you get to aim with Wiimote and melee bitches with the nunchuck. I was afraid to approach it since it's the army game on which kids without pubes plague and talk shit.

Everything X said above is true: It has occasional bullshit where you see a hitmarkerr on an enemy that kills you, and then the kill cam. Shows him taking absolutely no damage. Either the kill cam is fucked, or the game is lagging/bullshitting you. However, for the most part the game seems spot-on and lag-free.

This game differs from Goldeneye Wii in several ways. Most immediately noticeable is the scope of the maps. Whereas GE's maps ranged from Small to Large, Black Ops range from Large to WHATTHEFUCK! Lol, okay, they're not THAT big, but it is true that it'll take you considerable amount of time trek from one end of the map to the other, and absolutely never will hou have.a vantage point of the entire map as you did in Goldeneye. One more difference of significantt importance, Every corner/hole/camp spot has multiple en trances. You can never be safe in one spot, and neither can your enemy.

Most importantly for GE vets, unlike that game, Black Ops 2 rewards the SHIT out of you. No longer will anyone have to say "Weeell, I knocked out 2,000 XP tonight; 56,348 more to go til I level up." You will level up Every time you play (assuming you play for a decent amount of time). And if You don't level up, your GUNS will level up! You're constantly advancing in level and unlocking more and more shit. Your time never feels wasted. Did you get kill-stolen on an enemy you were damaging? You'll get the assist on every enemy you do this to. Did you Flashbang an enemy that someone else killed? You'll get the assist! Saved an ally's life by killing someone who was harming your ally? You get bonus XP for that, too! Every good thing hou do, you get bonus XP for. Stabben a camper pussy in the back? Bonus XP!

It is because of this very rewarding system that this game is so incredibly addicting. Every game session rewards you--every MATCH rewards you. Even when you play alone, you have a blast and you feel like you're accomplishing tasks and your time is being well invested. In Goldeneye, constantly do your matches--even your entire night of gameplay hours--feel entirely wasted. Oh, and your XP saves automatically as you earn it. Host Quit? Won't happen. Rare Occasional Game Fuck Up, sent u back to lobby? Who cares; you have your XP fully intact!

In short: The rewarding system makes Black Ops 2 addicting; the Wiimote makes it playable! :D

SO GET THIS GAME SO YOU CAN PWN BITCHES WITH X AND ME!

Edited by Plant42, 06 January 2013 - 09:57 PM.

#3 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• ... with envy
  • 7,472 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

My first CoD game was Call of Duty 3 on the Wii.  The Wii controls were fun, and even though there are "better" versions and I ended up buying Call of Duty 4 on the ecksbax when it came out, it didn't feel the same.

#4 Sumodude

Sumodude

Level 3

• Diamont
  • 1,269 posts
  • Nintendo ID:Sumodude
  • 3DS Code:0619-3946-6498

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

I'm actually semi-interested in this game, as I've wanted to play a good, mindless Wiimote FPS for a while now... But not for $60. Probably not even for $40...

#5 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,174 posts
  • Nintendo ID:Ngamer01
  • 3DS Code:4038 6174 8183

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

I guess since this thread now exists, I can dump this here instead of the YouTube thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1H3JXqvj-U

#6 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,525 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

Okay, so a couple of things. First of all, I just got this game on Christmas [didn't start playing until later on the 26th], and I'm already at level... well, you'll see right now. The second thing is that I just had an awesome game!

2013-01-08_15-06-09_918.jpg

You see?! 52! Level-52! I'm already at Level52. Yeah, I've been playing for quite a bit, but I'd only be at Level 20 at most if I had been playing Goldeneye instead.

The "level cap" is 55, but once you get there, you can begin "prestige mode" in which you are once again reduced to Level 1, but you get to keep all the guns you unlocked. This is great because you don't have to play for very long before you unlock Black Ops 2's "proximity mine" equivalent, the Bouncing Betty (you can even avoid being hit by Bouncing Betties if you duck or lay on the floor before detonation). At first you'll hate people who have better weapons than you, but it won't be long until you can unlock everything yourself. :)

#7 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

itt plant discovers prestige 4 years late :3
:P
Does anyone know about DLC support yet?

#8 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• ... with envy
  • 7,472 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

Traditionally, doesn't prestige take away your guns?  That's kinda new, to me.

#9 LINKXZERO

LINKXZERO

Level 3

• Kriken
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

I've heard DLC is suppose to come along side with the PS3 and PC. I know the 360 gets it on the 29th first then the other platforms are suppose to receive it..

#10 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,525 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

Omfg, I can NEVER get my own motherfucking Care Package. Okay, sometimes I do, but usually some fucking BULLSHIT happens, like some faggot will kill me while I'm trying to retrieve it, or it will land somewhere that I can't fucking get it--or even worse as it did once, the godforsaken piece of fuck LANDS ON ME, kills me, and some other jerkoff steals my fucking item and wins the fucking match because of it...

Well, this time I MADE FUCKING SURE that nobody was around me, MADE FUCKING SURE that I threw my flare somewhere that the Care Package wouldn't land on a roof where or off of a cliff that I cannot reach it... AND YET STILL.... STILL!..... Fuck my life, just watch. >:(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users