Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Nintendo System Updates - 9/18/18: Switch v6.0.0; NSO Service Launch!

nintendo wii u 3ds system updates network status nintendo switch nintendo account nintendo network nintendo switch online

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#11 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,545 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

http://www.gonintend...story&id=198941

With last night's update, there's now a tool that let's you move saves from physical retail games to their downloadable versions.  So if you got Mario Kart 7 at retail and bought the digital version of Mario Kart 7, you can move your physical save of MK7 to your digital copy of MK7.

HOWEVER, once you digitize your physical save, it's stuck as a digital save forever.  You can't move your digital save back to your retail copy.  FAIL.

EDIT - http://www.gonintend...story&id=198972

3DS eShop now has a "Repair Software" option in that if your game/app is cutting up on 3DS after you just downloaded it, you can go to the respective eShop page for the game/app, go to "More Details", and tap on that "Repair Software" button on the bottom of the page. 

So now you don't have to delete and redownload the game/app unless the "Repair Software" option fails to fix your problem game/app.

Yet again I misinterpreted your meaning (though it's none of your fault).

At first I thought you said there is a tool that lets you move your GAME from a Physical Copy to a Digital one, so I could install my Mario 3D Land on my 3DS and render my physical cart useless by having it corrupted/erased in yet another one-way operation. At first I thought that was pretty fucking sweet since not all physical games are available in digital form. Well, at least I had the "one-way operation" part right... fuckin' Nintendo. :dry:

Anyway, I don't get that Repair Software part. So is this in case your kill the power during a download/installation and your rom gets corrupted and you need it replaced/repaired? I don't think digital copies get fucked up any other way.

#12 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,204 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

Anyway, I don't get that Repair Software part. So is this in case your kill the power during a download/installation and your rom gets corrupted and you need it replaced/repaired? I don't think digital copies get fucked up any other way.

It's always possible for downloads to corrupt should something happen like your internet cuts out or wherever you're downloading from suddenly glitches or goes down.  Or hell power outages either on your end or elsewhere can affect the integrity of your downloads.

At least this time Nintendo did something for those that download games/apps on 3DS so they wouldn't always have to resort to the ol' delete and redownload schtick should their game/app downloads corrupt.

Edited by Ngamer01, 28 March 2013 - 09:25 AM.

#13 Admin EP

EP

Elder of Zebes

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 8,365 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:08 AM

Yeah I honestly wonder if digital game corruption is even a thing. It seems like it would effect so few people that deleting and redownloading would suffice.

#14 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,204 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

There is an emergency 3DS system update available:

http://www.gonintend...story&id=199662

3DS update 5.1.0-11 U:

Fixes an issue that may block access to the System Settings or other 3DS features.*

*Some users received an error during the 5.0.0-11 U update which later prevented access to System Settings, Nintendo 3DS eShop, or Game Notes.  The 5.1.0-11 U update is to fix and prevent this issue from ever happening again.

Edited by Ngamer01, 04 April 2013 - 06:29 PM.

#15 Admin EP

EP

Elder of Zebes

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 8,365 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

There is an emergency 3DS system update available:
http://www.gonintend...story&id=199662

3DS update 5.1.0-11 U:
Fixes an issue that may block access to the System Settings or other 3DS features.*

*Some users received an error during the 5.0.0-11 U update which later prevented access to System Settings, Nintendo 3DS eShop, or Game Notes.  The 5.1.0-11 U update is to fix and prevent this issue from ever happening again.

To download the fix, go to system settings and click upda... oh wait

#16 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:45 PM

Nintendo's version numbering still confuses me. They have a three tiered system and yet they never use the third tier. Even for an update that literally only fixes a single bug. Do they just think ".0" looks cool?

#17 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• ... with envy
  • 7,472 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

I think it's kind of like how on some forums, you'll see a long detailed post that functions as a guide or something, and the very second post in the thread is the OP with the text "this space reserved for future updates" in the event that he hits the text limit on the first post, but wants all the info on the front page for future reference.

If Nintendo put out an update that was 2.1.1, after launching 2.1, it would CLEARLY look like NINTENDO DON'T KNOW WHAT IT DOING AND DUN FUCKED UP MORE THAN THEY THOUGHT THEY EVER COULD.

#18 Admin EP

EP

Elder of Zebes

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 8,365 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

^lol. The analogy is perfect two because that second post is never used.

I also wouldn't be suprised if it was for looks. Companies like there version numbers to look a certain way to appear better. Another possibility is any x.x.1+ version is an internal build or something.

#19 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

Wii U update is live folks!

#20 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,204 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

http://www.nintendo....nline-gi-update

Some of the info was posted in previous NIntendo Directs, but here's the full changelog:

New Features:

•     A standby function to download and install software while the system is powered off
  •     Software purchased from the Nintendo eShop will automatically install in the background once the download is complete
  •     Holding down the B Button while the Wii U logo is displayed during startup will load the Wii Menu *¹

Changes to System Settings:
  •     An option to transfer and/or copy between two USB storage devices in "Data Management"
    •         To facilitate this feature, you will now be able to connect two USB storage devices to a single Wii U console*² 
  •     The ability to select multiple software titles when transferring, copying, or deleting data in "Data Management"
  •     The option to adjust screen size is now available under "TV" *³
  •     "Auto Power-Down" has been renamed "Power Settings"
    •         Options for the standby function are located within this menu

Changes to Miiverse:
  •     Added support for the Wii Remote, Wii U Pro Controller, and Classic Controller
  •     Handwritten posts will now also display on the TV screen during creation
  •     "Undo" and "Redo" buttons are now available when creating a handwritten post
  •     Removed screen size setting. This option can now be adjusted from System Settings

Changes to Nintendo eShop:
  •     Software downloaded from the Nintendo eShop will include released updates and will no longer need to be updated after installation
  •     Removed screen size setting. This option can now be adjusted from System Settings

Changes to the Internet Browser:
  •     Added support for the Wii Remote and Wii U Pro Controller
  •     Added the option to change search engines when performing a keyword search
  •     Added the option to return to the start page from the bookmark menu

Changes to Download Management:
  •     Added the option to change the priority of downloads

Improvements to system stability and usability:
  •     Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

*1 User selection may be necessary

*2 Only one USB storage device can be used during normal use

*3 A similar option has been removed from Nintendo eShop, Miiverse, and the Internet Browser

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nintendo, wii u, 3ds, system updates, network status, nintendo switch, nintendo account, nintendo network, nintendo switch online

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users