Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Nintendo System Updates - 9/18/18: Switch v6.0.0; NSO Service Launch!

nintendo wii u 3ds system updates network status nintendo switch nintendo account nintendo network nintendo switch online

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#201 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,199 posts
  • Nintendo ID:Ngamer01
  • 3DS Code:4038 6174 8183

Posted 19 September 2018 - 07:00 AM

https://gonintendo.c...ull-patch-notes

Nintendo Switch firmware version 6.0.0 is now out which means Nintendo Switch Online has now kicked off.  The NES Online App is also available on Switch, but requires NSO membership to use.

notes.png

Don't forget to grab controller updates for your Joy-Cons and plug-in your Pro Controller to get an update for that too!

The most important and surprising bit about the update is now you can access most of your account's games on another Switch!  Nintendo Life has an article on how that works here.

For discussion about the Nintendo Switch Online service and its app, you can talk about those in this linked thread:

http://forums.lumino...nso-mobile-app/

Edited by Ngamer01, 19 September 2018 - 07:02 AM.

#202 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,544 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:10 PM

I never understood the point of updating controllers. I don't even know if I ever knew that the Switch controllers had that functionality.

I remember the first time I heard it. Some Xboners were saying "The Xbawks Wun's - just stop --rollers can get firmware updates1!" and I was like, "Big deal, jerkoff. What would they ever need them for?"

And now the Switch has updated it Joycons (and Pro Controller, though I didn't even know that until I read your post above). What the fuck changed?

#203 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,199 posts
  • Nintendo ID:Ngamer01
  • 3DS Code:4038 6174 8183

Posted 21 September 2018 - 05:45 AM

It's currently unknown.  Hackers are trying to figure out what is going on with controller updates, but the firmware found in the Joy-Cons and Pro Controller seems generic and not for any specific purpose.

Until hackers fully reverse-engineer the Joy-Cons, we won't know what changes with these controller updates.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nintendo, wii u, 3ds, system updates, network status, nintendo switch, nintendo account, nintendo network, nintendo switch online

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users