Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Nintendo System Updates - 9/18/18: Switch v6.0.0; NSO Service Launch!

nintendo wii u 3ds system updates network status nintendo switch nintendo account nintendo network nintendo switch online

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#21 torgo

torgo

Grand Poobah of Chozo Shriners

• Kraid
  • 3,414 posts
  • Nintendo ID:TorgoKong
  • 3DS Code:3866-8871-2120

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

Someone tell Plant, stat!

#22 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

Hahah, the Wii U even has a yellow standby light, just like the Wii. They really did rush the crap out of the OS.

Oh, and they'll be adding a 24/7 standby mode soon for SpotPass content (so basically, WiiConnect24).

#23 torgo

torgo

• Kraid
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

Hahah, the Wii U even has a yellow standby light, just like the Wii. They really did rush the crap out of the OS.

Oh, and they'll be adding a 24/7 standby mode soon for SpotPass content (so basically, WiiConnect24).

But the important part is that it doesn't appear to have bricked you, eh? I have a longstanding habit of letting other people take the slings and arrows when a new version of anything comes out. No smoke yet?

#24 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,203 posts
  • Nintendo ID:Ngamer01
  • 3DS Code:4038 6174 8183

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

I hope another update allows the disc slot to light up on new notifications.  The Home Button notification is terrible and only blinks like once, for a sec.  It's far too easy to miss out on Wii U Chat Calls and Miiverse PMs/Notifications.

#25 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

I hope another update allows the disc slot to light up on new notifications.  The Home Button notification is terrible and only blinks like once, for a sec.  It's far too easy to miss out on Wii U Chat Calls and Miiverse PMs/Notifications.

Is... Is there really a disc slot light...?

Also, apparently Wii Remote (and presumably Classic/Pro) support for the web browser is only partial. You can't access your bookmarks or settings, search, switch between/open tabs, or input a URL... So... Why even add support? >.>

Miiverse has full Wii Remote support though.

#26 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,545 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

Is... Is there really a disc slot light...?

Yeah, I'd love that shit too, but the Wii U slot doesn't physically have any LEDs. ^___^; Maybe we can get some with DLC tho :3

They could still handle the Notifications a lot better, tho. That same tiny LED light could blink green or some other color every second or two when there is an unseen notification, flashing endlessly until you either view the message or dismiss it with the Reset button (as Wii did). You'd probably get many more notifications than you ever got Wiimails, so they should give you an option to sort out exactly which kinds of notifications to receive, even within the same app (e.g. Blink for Miiverse Messages and Friend Request notifications, but not for Miiverse Post/Comment Notifications).

Also, apparently Wii Remote (and presumably Classic/Pro) support for the web browser is only partial. You can't access your bookmarks or settings, search, switch between/open tabs, or input a URL... So... Why even add support? >.>

That's shitty, but... I guess it's cuz... one hand on the Wiimote, the other on the Wiiner? D:

Edited by Plant42, 26 April 2013 - 02:02 PM.

#27 torgo

torgo

• Kraid
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:11 AM

I didn't see it in the features listing, but I noticed today when I was playing F-Zero that the disc in the drive spun down, rather than constantly spinning even though it's not needed. Am I making it up that it used to just spin the drive even if you weren't using the disc? I had gotten in the habit of taking out discs when I was using VC, so now I can't remember.

If this is a change, it's a welcome one!

#28 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,545 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

I didn't see it in the features listing, but I noticed today when I was playing F-Zero that the disc in the drive spun down, rather than constantly spinning even though it's not needed. Am I making it up that it used to just spin the drive even if you weren't using the disc? I had gotten in the habit of taking out discs when I was using VC, so now I can't remember.

If this is a change, it's a welcome one!

I think I recall the disc spinning at all times except for when the system was in Wii Mode (or turned off entirely :P). I think you're right, too! :D I'm gonna go check this out. :3

There's one other big (yet simple) issue I keep wishing they had fixed, and I remembered it last night, but now I can't think of it... >.< It's come to mind several times, so I'll post it when I remember.

#29 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• ... with envy
  • 7,472 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

I gotta go connect my WiiU to the Internet and get this update lol.

#30 Sage AtownKED

AtownKED

Level 4

• Sage Sage
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

So basically, what WiiConnect24 was supposed to be...

Miiverse has full Wii Remote support though.

Finally! This, along with the lack of a system wide screen size adjuster, was one of the biggest oversights IMO. If Nintendo is going to make a fuckton of different controllers, at least let me use them whenever I want.

So far, good update.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nintendo, wii u, 3ds, system updates, network status, nintendo switch, nintendo account, nintendo network, nintendo switch online

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

AhrefsBot (1)