Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Nintendo System Updates - 9/18/18: Switch v6.0.0; NSO Service Launch!

nintendo wii u 3ds system updates network status nintendo switch nintendo account nintendo network nintendo switch online

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#31 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

http://www.gonintend...story&id=203093

Firmware 3.0.1 U for Wii U is now available.  It's mainly another system stability and software compatibility update.

#32 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:58 PM

There's a new 3DS firmware update, 6.0.0-11 U:

http://www.gonintend...story&id=205524

New to 3DS -- 

Download Save Data Backup.  Most content from the 3DS eShop can now have their saves backed up.

EUROPE and JAPAN ONLY!  Additional free and paid DLC to StreetPass Mii Plaza!

Source >> http://www.gonintend...story&id=205527

>> StreetPass Mii Plaza is expanded to offer additional content.  Some of this content is paid DLC.

>> You can buy additional paid DLC from the StreetPass Mii Plaza Shop.  There's also an exchange booth, a check for updates button, and new play icon.

>> There's an additional screen menu.

>> Additional paid DLC you can buy from the eShop from the in-app StreetPass Mii Plaza Shop.  Only the UK prices are known.

>> StreetPass Squad which can be considered Find Mii set in space.  You battle the Gold Bone Gang.  DLC is £4.49.

>> StreetPass Garden.  You move into a house to try and become a gardening master.  You'll have a tutor to help.  Price is £4.49
>> StreetPass Battle is a strategy game.  You rule a war-torn country and must amass a StreetPass army to defend your country and defeat enemy generals.  Price is £4.49.
>> StreetPass Mansion.  You're a detective doing a paranormal investigation in a haunted house.  You will have an assistant to help solve the mystery as you fight, uncover clues, and work to the top floor of the house in search of the truth.  Price is £4.49.

#33 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:59 PM

Beat me by seconds hahah. WTF is with the delayed US StreetPass DLC though? Are they holding it until Thursday for some stupid reason?

#34 torgo

torgo

Grand Poobah of Chozo Shriners

• Kraid
  • 3,414 posts
  • Nintendo ID:TorgoKong
  • 3DS Code:3866-8871-2120

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:05 PM

Sure ... I finally have all the hats, and just last night managed to buy the last two pieces for that Redneck Armadillo game, and now Nintendo's going to give me more ways to spend my play coins. I need those for Animal Crossing fortune cookies!

But maybe I don't need all 300 of them for it ... Hope the Mii Plaza updates come to us soon.

#35 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:25 PM

http://www.gonintend...story&id=206362

6.1.0-11 U for the 3DS is now available, but it's just a system stability update.

#36 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

Wii U 3.1.0 U firmware is now available:

http://www.gonintend...story&id=207231

Standby Function:

The Wii U when powered off will now regularly enter Standby Mode to check for new SpotPass data and updates to Wii U and your installed games.  Downloads will auto-install in Standby, but any downloaded system updates gotten in Standby Mode will only install after you turn the Wii U on.

If you have an external hard drive plugged into the Wii U, it will also turn on to receive new data from the Wii U when Standby Mode is triggered.

All of this goes with the existing option for having ongoing downloads with Wii U on continue in Standby Mode should your hit the Wii U's power button during the downloads.  Outside of this updated feature, there are additional system security and stability fixes.

Unfortunately the so called "summer" update with new Wii U features is now aimed for September (summer's end) or October (early fall).  If it falls to October, then the update is officially delayed.  This is probably why they didn't say anything at the e3 Nintendo Direct.

Edited by Ngamer01, 10 July 2013 - 05:56 PM.

#37 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:03 PM

Hopefully they fixed the problem with the damn HDMI controller powering on every time Standby Mode is kicked on. My TV automatically switches inputs when a new input is detected which is usually great, but now my Wii U will occasionally hijack my TV when it switches on Standby. :|

#38 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:31 PM

The update that expanded StreetPass Mii Plaza on 3DS in Japan and Europe is now available in North America with 3DS firmware 6.1.0-12U!

With the new Plaza update comes new paid DLC mini-games (the new games are 5 bucks each, but there's a bundle deal to get all four at once for a special price)!  Also Puzzle Swap will give you a starting piece for one of four new panels.  That's right.  You only get one piece from one of the four panels.  Not a starting piece from all four panels (I got a starting piece for the NSMBU + NSLU panel).  =(

There is no word if the 3DS update did anything else.

EDIT - The update also brought additional security and stability fixes to the system.  Oh and when you finish looking around your updated Plaza, don't forget to recheck it (by going back to the 3DS Home Menu and then going back to the Plaza) for a free new Mii accessory!

Edited by Ngamer01, 11 July 2013 - 06:31 PM.

#39 torgo

torgo

Grand Poobah of Chozo Shriners

• Kraid
  • 3,414 posts
  • Nintendo ID:TorgoKong
  • 3DS Code:3866-8871-2120

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

The update that expanded StreetPass Mii Plaza on 3DS in Japan and Europe is now available in North America with 3DS firmware 6.1.0-12U!

Man, I'd just gotten used to not seeing who I StreetPassed with in that, having all the puzzles and all the hats. And now it starts again!

Again! :O

#40 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,548 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

With the new Plaza update comes new paid DLC mini-games (the new games are 5 bucks each, but there's a bundle deal to get all four at once for a special price)!  Also Puzzle Swap will give you a starting piece for one of four new panels.

Yeah, fuck this right in the ass. I rarely get streetpasses, and when I do, the faggots never have pink pieces because they dont play it enough to unlock puzzles containing pink piece pieces. And now they want me to PAY for shit that will reduce my chances of getting new puzzle pieces from Nil to Not-Even-In-Your-Dreams?? Yeah, eat shit.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nintendo, wii u, 3ds, system updates, network status, nintendo switch, nintendo account, nintendo network, nintendo switch online

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users