#1 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

News broke today:

http://www.siliconer...-dlc-announced/

This isn't a full game crossover.  This is a special DLC crossover with free L4D 2 DLC going to RE 6 and free RE 6 DLC going to L4D2.

RE6 gets a special Mercenaries: No Mercy mode where the L4D2 survivors (Ellis, Nick, Coach, and Rochelle) are playable and have their own loadouts for that mode.  Witches and Tanks will also appear in this mode.  So if you always wondered what happens if "Leon startled the Witch!", now you can go find out.  RE6 gets this free DLC come April 5th.

In L4D2, the Lepotitsa, Napad and Ogroman from RE6 will appear as additional zombies starting sometime in the Spring as free DLC for L4D2.  No word exactly how these three zombies will function in L4D2, though it looks like they share similar body types as three of the Special Infected.  It would be sad if this DLC was just reskins of existing Special Infected.

#2 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

Aaaaaand it's PC only.

The chances of me ever playing this content just went from almost zero to absolute zero. Still, pretty crazy though. What next, Elder Scrolls x Final Fantasy?

#3 CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

has no sense of humor

• Chozo Chancellor
  • 6,858 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

I guess I don't really care. I mean, I'll dust off L4D2 when it comes out and play through it, but I've never really been able to get into that game the way others have.

#4 Lonewolfy

Lonewolfy

Level 3

• Chozo Lore Keeper
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

I've been hearing that it's a prank >.>...

#5 Prowl 1701

Prowl 1701

Level 4

• Phazon Metroid
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

It seems only the PC version of RE6 and L4D2 are getting the crossover treatment.  That's too bad, L4D is one my favorite gaming franchises and what I'm usually playing online. :(

EDIT: Should have known Prime would have beaten me to it. :P

Edited by Prowl 1701, 15 March 2013 - 10:45 PM.

#6 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• ... with envy
  • 7,472 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:50 AM

I'd like to see more stuff like this.  I think crossovers can be a lot of fun, but sometimes you don't need to dedicate a whole new game to it.  Sorta like how you can see Banjo Kazooie or Wreck it Ralph in the Sonic racing games.  

#7 CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

has no sense of humor

• Chozo Chancellor
  • 6,858 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:29 AM

It seems only the PC version of RE6 and L4D2 are getting the crossover treatment.  That's too bad, L4D is one my favorite gaming franchises and what I'm usually playing online. :(

EDIT: Should have known Prime would have beaten me to it. :P

How anyone could reasonably play L4D on a console blows my mind. That game is made for mouse and keyboard.

#8 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• ... with envy
  • 7,472 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:51 AM

I play it on my PC, too.

With my 360 controller.

#9 CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

has no sense of humor

• Chozo Chancellor
  • 6,858 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:33 AM

I play it on my PC, too.

With my 360 controller.

You are a heathen.

#10 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

I kinda wish Valve could bring Left 4 Dead 2 to the Wii U, but I know Microsoft has an exclusivity deal for console L4D stuff and Valve may not even want to port stuff to a different console at this time.  =/

Valve wouldn't have to shoehorn anything for the Wii U Gamepad to save resources, just add Wii Remote + Nunchuk and Classic Controller/Pro Controller controls and that would be awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users