• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

has no sense of humor

• Chozo Chancellor
  • 6,858 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

Doom is bullshit. All games that control like it are ass. I always hated how I had to aim in the direction of the enemy when my gun is aiming 10 feet above or below his actual location in order to hit my target. Somehow you still hit the fucking target sometimes, but it's nothing like actually aiming at the enemy, and even particular body parts on the enemy that you wanted to hit. Goldeneye: 1; Doom 0. Don't bother adding shit to Doom. Doom is ballsghey all the whey. :P

DooM came out before Goldeneye did and it did so much for the FPS genre that to try and handwave it is bullshit.

And it's not like aiming in Goldenye was exactly intuitive either given there was only one stick for both moving and aiming.

#22 Prowl 1701

Prowl 1701

Level 4

• Phazon Metroid
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

I actually used to prefer the Legacy setting for the joystick(s) in FPS games, as a matter of fact for years I would play on the Legacy setting; the setting for us old school FPS fans.  It wasn't until L4D came out (and didn't have a Legacy setting.) that I actually took the time to adapt to the newer dual joystick method.  I also used to always invert my aim, but I left that behind as well!   I'm so used to playing the current dual joystick way that it would be hard to go back to one joystick now I will admit.

#23 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,548 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:20 AM

I actually used to prefer the Legacy setting for the joystick(s) in FPS games, as a matter of fact for years I would play on the Legacy setting; the setting for us old school FPS fans.  It wasn't until L4D came out (and didn't have a Legacy setting.) that I actually took the time to adapt to the newer dual joystick method.  I also used to always invert my aim, but I left that behind as well!   I'm so used to playing the current dual joystick way that it would be hard to go back to one joystick now I will admit.

Lol same here. I hated when there was no classic/legacy layout in games for years and I opted for the old contol method whenever possible. But after a while, I got accustomed to the newer control schemes, and most recently I'm swaying towards "Wiimote or GTFO." :P

Edited by Plant42, 19 March 2013 - 04:21 AM.

#24 Prowl 1701

Prowl 1701

Level 4

• Phazon Metroid
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

Well, the crossover released for the PC version of RE6, here's a link to a video of the gameplay if you guys want to see it in action.

http://www.gameinfor...l-6-for-pc.aspx

#25 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

That Witch was disappointing.

Spoiler

Edited by Ngamer01, 25 March 2013 - 01:44 PM.

#26 Jonny The Pie King

Jonny The Pie King

100000th Post (*confetti flies*)

• Kriken
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

>not liking doom.

Son, you clearly haven't tried some of the new doom mods that let you run it at high resolutions (...like you know, whatever your monitor is.  It actually looks kinda good, weirdly enough) and have proper mouselook.  Plays like any other modern PC shooter, and that's awesome.  Works really well for BrutalDoom.

In any case, RE6...played the demo on PS3, some of the game on 360, not sure if the new FOV and controls would make it worth it on PC.  I've read on GAF that some people are saying the high framerate really helps the old control issues, and that the higher FOV makes for fewer cheap hits you couldn't see.

Also it's a damn shame Bill's voice actor is in jail, because I probably would've bought RE6 just to play as him in mercs lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users