• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:36 PM

It's official Microsoft won E3. :3 Ok, pretty much for me and for me only, butt but fuck you guys.

Even though pretty much everyone else expected it, I was totally surprised to see this. But man did I flip a shit once I saw Chief's hand, as anyone in the Shoutbox in the time surely noticed. XD Man, my mind's been racing since the reveal as to what the plot will be this time around.

So far it looks like Chief will be searching for Cortana in some way, as evidenced by the AI chip Chief is carrying with him.

His cloak and the state of disrepair his armor is in (or even the fact that he's still using his old armor to begin with) seems to indicate he's no longer working with the UNSC, and has possibly gone rogue or even just deserted. Given that most of humanity didn't appear to know Chief was alive based off of Halsey's reaction in Spartan Ops, it seems whatever rift that occurs between Chief and the UNSC must have happened shortly after the end of Halo 4.

Lastly, the predominant theory as to the large Forerunner being is that it's an ancient War Sphinx, an extremely powerful Forerunner war vehicle/mech.

Oh, and there seems to be something odd going on with the game's name... Mostly in that it doesn't have one. Oddly, 343i isn't calling it Halo 5, even unofficially, and has simply stated the name will be revealed later. Seems odd that they would change the naming conventions at the second game in a new trilogy, rather than the first game, but whatever haha. :P

#2 CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

has no sense of humor

• Chozo Chancellor
  • 6,859 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:46 PM

What the cunting fuck does a guy in a power suit need a pancho thing for?

Bloody stupid.

Edited by CONKERSBADFURDAY, 10 June 2013 - 02:47 PM.

#3 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:58 PM

To protect the power suit.

No, seriously. If we're being realistic here, a desert like that would fuck the hell out of that armor.

Also, fuck you it looks cool.

#4 CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

has no sense of humor

• Chozo Chancellor
  • 6,859 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

No, seriously. If we're being realistic here, a desert like that would fuck the hell out of that armor.

When you're that far into the future and technology goes from being technology to magic, you don't need a damn pancho to protect your power suit.

#5 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

But human technology in the Halo universe has never been magically advanced. Human tech has always deliberately felt dated and clunky in comparison to other elements in the universe and Forerunner tech appearing impossibly complex.

#6 CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

has no sense of humor

• Chozo Chancellor
  • 6,859 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

But human technology in the Halo universe has never been magically advanced. Human tech has always deliberately felt dated and clunky in comparison to other elements in the universe and Forerunner tech appearing impossibly complex.

Aye, but once you get to interstellar spacetravel and super humans in power suits, you've already hit the threshold where, "the suit won't be damaged by stupid sand" becomes irrelevant.

It's really a problem with Chief more than anything. You have a character who is defined by what his armor looks like, so you can't do much more to him. The idea of this wayward wanderer wears a kind of pancho thing like we see in that trailer, and it makes sense for anyone who isn't in a power suit. The imagery that 343 used here conveys much about Chief, but it also makes no god damned sense because Chief is still in his power suit.

#7 Jonny The Pie King

Jonny The Pie King

100000th Post (*confetti flies*)

• Kriken
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:48 PM

The trailer was fucking stupid.  I'm agreeing with conker here.  At first I thought Microsoft was making a "matoor" version of Journey...which would've been hilarious.

60fps however is good.  Halo 4's multiplayer starting to turn cowadooty however was not.  An expected, but not necessarily exciting reveal for me.

#8 Sumodude

Sumodude

Level 3

• Diamont
  • 1,269 posts
  • Nintendo ID:Sumodude
  • 3DS Code:0619-3946-6498

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:49 PM

The cloak was quite a deceit. How could I expect Cheif to be in a poncho, walking accross a desert? But then I heard that iconic Halo-note when they showed Cortana's chip and I didn't exactly smile. I was really hoping for a Dune game, okay? It was just a teaser, probably target-rendered graphics, and I'm sure it'll be incredible, but it was nothing like the classic Halo 3 reveal.

#9 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:54 PM

The Halo 3 reveal was fantastic, I'll give you that, but honestly this is probably second for me. Halo 4's was kind of lame (I really didn't like the whole Chief's brain thing), Reach was neat I suppose, but also very simple, and Halo 2's was... Eh, I dunno. I mean, it was cool and all... Although now that I think about it, the ODST reveal was pretty sweet too... Hmm...

RAMBLE ON

#10 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,548 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:17 PM

From the start I knew the only reason the character was cloaked was so that they can reveal him at the end to be a shocking character. Didnt precisely expect Master Chef, but whatever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users