Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

New Console: PlayStation Vita TV (+ Vita Slim)

PlayStation Vita Sony Vita TV

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:34 AM

Well, Sony introduced a lot of unexpected bits of news tonight, mostly surrounding the Vita. Perhaps the oddest and likely to be most talked about news is the new PlayStation Vita TV, which is basically a tiny PlayStation you plug into your TV. The Vita TV has a Vita game card slot, allowing it to play PS Vita games, and will also support various streaming services. The Vita TV also allows you to stream games from you PS4 to other TVs in your house, and appears to sport DualShock 3 as the primary input device. The Vita TV will cost roughly $100 in Japan, effectively making it a budget home console. The console will be launching in Japan on Novemeber 17th.

http://kotaku.com/in...a-tv-1276599936

ku-bigpic.jpg

Next up is the new Vita Slim. Costing roughly $200 (the current Vita retail price), the Slim will be 20% thinner, 15% lighter, and will only come in a WiFi model. It will also sport an hour extra of battery life, 1GB internal memory, and will be available in six colors. The downside however is that the console no longer features an OLED screen, but rather an LCD display. The new Vita will drop in Japan sometime next month.

http://kotaku.com/th...vita-1276391007

ku-xlarge.jpg

And one last bit of Vita news, 64GB memory cards will be coming later this year (at least in Japan so far) for roughly $100.

#2 Sumodude

Sumodude

Level 3

• Diamont
  • 1,269 posts
  • Nintendo ID:Sumodude
  • 3DS Code:0619-3946-6498

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:50 AM

How pretty. Good jorb, Apple.

#3 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• ... with envy
  • 7,472 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:57 AM

After a long rough run, it's neat seeing Sony address what people wanted out of the system. I wish my vita could hook up to the TV.

#4 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,548 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:40 AM

This is pretty backwards cuz Vita = portable PS3 already (or so that's what Sony wants it to be). So it turns your Vita, which is a PS3 with shittier graphics and a smaller game library, into a PS3. This best goes to use, however, for those Vita exclusives that don't have PS3 counterparts. If Tales of Innocence R and Tales of Hearts R were released here in the US, I may have considered getting this little bitch, especially if it's only $100. Those are the only games I reall want from Vita, and since they're not localized, I'm not tempted to get one at all--even if Vita TV does exactly what I wish my 3DS would to, which is displaying my portable games on my TV.

Edited by Plant42, 09 September 2013 - 07:10 AM.

#5 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• ... with envy
  • 7,472 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:49 AM

Well, it's still a shitty PS3 that is cheaper than PS3s and also can be used for PS4 shit later.  

It's not for everyone, but I think it's for a lot of people who don't yet invest in some of Sony's crap.

#6 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,548 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:23 AM

I don't understand exactly how they're gonna cross Vita with PS4. There's a discrepancy between PS3 and Vita graphics, but it's fairly dismissable for now. Come PS4, the graphics will be very different. It can be used like an assisting tool such as the GamePad or Smartglass, but with the exceptions of 2D games like Dragon's Clown, I don't see the same level of crossover occurring between PS4 and Vita. I guess Unreal 4 scaling can help that, but I don't think many aside from SCEA will make use of the Vita as a portable PS4, creating 2 Sony versions of the same game.

#7 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• ... with envy
  • 7,472 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:26 AM

No, it literally just streams.  

Like, the PS4 is in the living room, you turn it on and push the "stream to psvita™" menu option,  then you go to your bedroom where you have the Vita TV plugged into your TV and use your PS4 controller to play PS4 games on your PS4 machine that is now hooked up to your tv down the hallway.

#8 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,548 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:36 AM

No, it literally just streams.  

Like, the PS4 is in the living room, you turn it on and push the "stream to psvita™" menu option,  then you go to your bedroom where you have the Vita TV plugged into your TV and use your PS4 controller to play PS4 games on your PS4 machine that is now hooked up to your tv down the hallway.

Wtf, my reading comprehension is shit, but I've read this post 3 times and I don't get it.

Okay, so are you saying how Playing Console Games on Vita works? At first I get it, but then the rest of the sentence goes to hell.

So... My PS3/4 is turned on, and my Vita wirelessly streams the PS3 content via 3/4G or WiFi, so long as my PS3/4 is turned on somewhere.... but then some other shit about playing PS4 games wit a PS4 controller?

Anyway, I dunno how a Vita is going to stream vastly more technically demanding PS4 games.

#9 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:12 AM

It's streaming the video feed from the PS4 and the input to the PS4. The PS4 is doing the processing.

#10 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• ... with envy
  • 7,472 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:24 AM

son8zl.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users