1 reply to this topic

#1 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,211 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:50 AM

http://www.nintendol..._wii_u_transfer

You can now transfer the game when moving data from Wii to Wii U.  If you never owned the game, but have Wii U, you can now buy the game in Wii Mode's Wii Shopping Channel.

Even though I owned the game on Wii, I rebought it in Wii U's Wii Mode.  I don't know if I would be able to do a second system transfer and even if I could, I didn't want to risk breaking Wii Mode just for the one game here.

So...yeah.  The game is movable to Wii U's Wii Mode and buyable in Wii Mode's Wii Shopping Channel.  The sequel was always movable to and buyable in Wii U's Wii Mode by the way.

Edited by Ngamer01, 26 April 2014 - 09:53 AM.

#2 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:26 PM

Delayed response. :P

Anyway, you can do a second transfer just fine. If you have save files on your Wii for games that are on your Wii U it will overwrite the ones on the Wii U, but I think it gives you a choice not to transfer those saves (that's how it works with Miis anyway). Everything else works just fine.

That said, man that transfer setup is annoying. For instance, the app will determine if your Wii U has enough space to complete the transfer, but of course if you don't have enough space it won't actually tell you that until you move your SD card to your Wii. Which is annoying, because then you have to restart the transfer completely, instead of just telling the Wii app that you freed up space on the Wii U. And to restart the transfer, you can't just plug the card into your Wii U and run the app again, you have to also manually delete the save file off your Wii U, but it doesn't tell you that until after the rerun fails... And for some reason the app can't just delete the file for you because Nintendo.

But yay, finally have everything on my Wii U now, lol. I had long given up on ever seeing LostWinds be patched. Interestingly they actually made the game smaller.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users