#1 Sumodude

Sumodude

Level 3

• Diamont
  • 1,269 posts
  • Nintendo ID:Sumodude
  • 3DS Code:0619-3946-6498

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:44 PM

We only got some brief glimpses of it, but here's a new thread! Excitement!!

#2 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,211 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:50 PM

Looking good and sounding awesome. Barely played any Battlefront due to not have an Xbox or PS2, but I'm excited. I just hope that DICE is given enough time. They have amazing tech and great designers, but at the end of the day it could still end up being Battlefield 4. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it though.

#3 G-tech

G-tech

Level 1

• War Wasp
  • 204 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:08 PM

Look at video at 1:32. Well, no wonder why their games are so broken at launch they're fucking playing with lightsabers instead of working of the fucking game!  ;P 

I had hella fun playing Battlefront 2 back in the day on the Xbox despite being fucking terrible at it (as I am with most shooters). But the ability to get into dogfights in space then land in the enemy's mothership(frigate?) and continue the fight on foot was so awesome. I can't wait to play this game.

#4 Lupus Gemini

Lupus Gemini

Columnist

• Chozo Lore Keeper
  • 499 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:11 AM

I played a dick-ton of Battlefront.  I liked the structure of 1 better, with two levels per planet and a better capturing system.  2 had better gameplay.  I especially loved how getting a certain number of medals would unlock special weapons.  For the basic trooper, the rifle would fire in bursts with just enough shots to kill another infantry unit.  While the long term dps was the same, in a 1v1 the burst would win.  Each class had it's own special weapon, but I don't remember what the rest were.

Multiplayer in 2 sucked depending on the level.  The rocket unit's mines were OP, so if the level was very tight with lots of hallways, people would just spam mines everywhere.  Even the heroes would die instantly, so I always rejected playing as a hero when I was playing online.  The hero-only mode was interesting but I never liked it much.

The space battles were awesome.  Disabling ship systems from the inside was always awesome. 

I have high hopes for 3.  The trailer uses in-engine footage, which is usually a good sign for games.  It's when they only show cutscenes or specially made cinematics that I get worried.

One of my favorite parts of the series was Hoth in 2.  People discovered that lining up the AT-ATs head to butt made it almost impossible for speeders to tow them, so trains of AT-ATs would trudge across the map.  But then people started throwing mines on the wings of speeders and kamekaze-ing into the AT-ATs to destroy them.  It was crazy how these strategies emerged.

#5 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• ... with envy
  • 7,472 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:33 AM

This was one of those things where they said they hope they can show us more next year and my reaction was "Ugh, just make it already" and after the trailer my reaction was "Hey guys, take as much time as you need".

I need this game right the fuck now, but only when it's good and ready and it looks worth the wait.

#6 Sumodude

Sumodude

Level 3

• Diamont
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:35 PM

Aaaand yes. Just yes. The sound design, the visual flairs... It's all pretty much perfect. Although I could complain about the weird card-like weapon HUD, but whatever.

Edited by Sumodude, 15 June 2015 - 10:36 PM.

#7 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,211 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:46 PM

It does look pretty fun (and gorgeous), but isn't there not much content? And like, a lot of missing features compared to Battlefront II? Thinking I'll probably be waiting on reviews and maybe sales/birthdays/Christmases for this.

#8 Sumodude

Sumodude

Level 3

• Diamont
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:52 AM

Oh, I predict a lot of DLC to add in those missing features. Best $100 I'll ever spend. /s

I really hope they've cleaned up the starfighter controls. The trailer Battlefront 2's controls felt really really stiff and were obviously ripped straight from Battlefield. Which has jets. A TIE Fighter should not fly like a jet.

The trailer made it look like the fighters were more maneuverable, but we'll see...

#9 gamerman99 GameBoy

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:28 AM

That looks great. Damn, so many great games on the horizon. I assume this is for Xbox One as well?

I never played the original(s), so needless to say this excites me.

#10 LazyyDogg

LazyyDogg

Level 1

• Skree
  • 251 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:03 PM

That looks great. Damn, so many great games on the horizon. I assume this is for Xbox One as well?

I never played the original(s), so needless to say this excites me.

Yeah, it's multiplatform. PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Sony just has "advertising exclusivity" i guess. kinda like what they had with Destiny. it seems to work for Sony as plenty of my friends we're pissed thinkin this was PS4 exclusive

Edited by LazyyDogg, 16 June 2015 - 12:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users