#1 torgo

torgo

Grand Poobah of Chozo Shriners

• Kraid
  • 3,410 posts
  • Nintendo ID:TorgoKong
  • 3DS Code:3866-8871-2120

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:45 AM

No thread for this yet? Well in that case ...

Found some pictures of the packaging. They don't look cheap, but at least they're not blind-bagged. I wonder how many my sickness will require me to buy.

I hope they either revamp the clear support sticks or find another way around it. They allow for more dynamic posing, but based on my experiences with other just-toy figures that have those sticks, they're kind of fragile. Maybe they'll make them out of more flexible plastic than the cheap capsule toys so they bend a bit more rather than breaking..

1.jpg

#2 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

The Villain of Mario Kart

• Flaahgra
  • 2,159 posts
  • Nintendo ID:RobokW
  • 3DS Code:3523-2685-0069

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:55 AM

i want one that is just a non-descript black plastic puck-like disc that i can keep in my pocket and no one knows what it is.

#3 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• ... with envy
  • 7,472 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:05 AM

Well, if they're like the Pokemon ones, the tag is in the base anyways so when the top part breaks off, you can keep the puck in your pocket and then you'll have a pucket.

I think I brought it up in the chat but as much as I want an Amiibo I only want certain characters and I don't think they'll make all of them.  I want Greninja, maybe Sonic, maybe I'll fold and end up getting Bowser after all.  But, my all-time ideal would be a Mii with a blank face so I can paint my own on it.

Edited by Blackskullgreymon, 12 June 2014 - 08:08 AM.

#4 torgo

torgo

• Kraid
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:10 AM

POPULAR

i want one that is just a non-descript black plastic puck-like disc that i can keep in my pocket and no one knows what it is.

"Is that a non-descript black plastic puck-like disc in your pocket, or are you just happy to NFC me?"

#5 torgo

torgo

• Kraid
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:24 AM

More info at Wii U Daily, most importantly some ideas on pricing. Sounds like Reggie says they'll be priced similarly to Skylanders/Disney stuff, in the $10 to $15 range. I hope  more like $10, but that's probably not likely. I'll have to get a newspaper route so I can get some spending money! ;)

#6 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,211 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:38 AM

Soooo... $500 to complete the Smash collection? AWESOME

#7 Admin EP

EP

Elder of Zebes

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 8,365 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:41 AM

Soooo... $500 to complete the Smash collection? AWESOME

damn...

I'm with BSGM in thinking they won't make a full Smash collection (I'm actually hoping they make non-Smash characters before that). I really want to get these but that's a lot of money for something I'm going to keep in my closet.

#8 torgo

torgo

• Kraid
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:18 AM

damn...

I'm with BSGM in thinking they won't make a full Smash collection (I'm actually hoping they make non-Smash characters before that). I really want to get these but that's a lot of money for something I'm going to keep in my closet.

Or will they … Nintendo Planning to Release Amiibo Figures For Entire Super Smash Bros. Roster The linked article isn't really explicit if that includes all the outliers like Pac-Man and Mega Man, and actually if you read the article I don't see anywhere that Nintendo actually says they're doing the entire roster, so I'm not sure where that headline comes from.

But what could be even more fun: Custom Amiibos that look like your Mii.

#9 Blackskullgreymon

Blackskullgreymon

Level 11

• ... with envy
  • 7,472 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:31 PM

I think I read somewhere that they would like to use Amiibos in other games "including Mario Kart 8" and frankly if there was a figure of a little kart I could save my favorite kart build on, it'd be sitting happily on my shelf.  I'm hopeful they have fun with it and it never feels like a cash grab, because if it catches on I'll happily throw my skylanders budget to Nintendo.  Especially after seeing the shitty design Infinity is going with for Venom.  

#10 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,211 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:39 PM

I think the only problem with all of this is Nintendo's history supporting basically anything ever. Pretty much the only post-launch accessory Nintendo has strongly supported was the Motion Plus, which was supposed to be built into the Wii Remote to begin with. I wouldn't be shocked if we get 4 or 5 big games that support it... And then nothing at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users