Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

So... What are you playing? (general discussion)

gaming general discussion any console card games board games PC narcissism

• Please log in to reply
1016 replies to this topic

#1011 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,481 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 09:17 AM

Is it just me, or does most/all Japanese rock music sound like it should be in a Sonic game?

Lolol, at first I thought this was a half-baked joke that acknowledges your viewing of my video, because obviously not all J-rock  sounds like Sonic music (I think most Sonic rock music is done by white-boi bands). But after listening to the song again, I found that the the intro (and the intro alone) sounds one HELL of a lot like Live and Learn. :D

xD!!

Edited by PBluafnotr4d2, 27 April 2018 - 02:16 PM.

#1012 torgo

torgo

Grand Poobah of Chozo Shriners

• Kraid
  • 3,400 posts
  • Nintendo ID:TorgoKong
  • 3DS Code:3866-8871-2120

Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:30 PM

Lolol, at first I thought this was a half-baked joke that acknowledges your viewing of my video, because obviously not all J-rock doesn't sound like Sonic music (I think most Sonic rock music is white-boi bands). But after listening to the song again, I found that the the intro (and the intro alone) sounds one HELL of a lot like Live and Learn. :D

I listened to it enough to feel like I had to go fast, but once it stopped sounding like Sonic music then I moved on. :)

SA2 is probably the Sonic game I've heard the most music from, since it's the one I (tried to) play the most. God, that Knuckles music ... *shudder*

I actually call just about any rap music that I hear, "Knuckles Music" now.

#1013 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

The Villain of Mario Kart

• Flaahgra
  • 2,149 posts
  • Nintendo ID:RobokW
  • 3DS Code:3523-2685-0069

Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:50 AM

I'm going to go for a platinum on Okami HD. I only want to 100% a game I really like, and I'm enjoying this game. The only platinum I have is FFXV.

Edited by Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok, 03 May 2018 - 10:51 AM.

#1014 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,481 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 05:13 PM

Still been playin' Yakuza 6. Good shit. The side-missions aren't as interesting as in Yakuza 0, but they're still good.

Yakuza 6 is the first game on the new engine, and... the battle system is a little different. Sloppier, I'd say. There's more freedom, but a lot more ragdolling, and imprecise attacking of floored enemies. The other games' battle system felt more tight and deliberate, while 6's feels more like... Dynasty Warriors, I guess. It's a step down. Anyway, I'm still loving the game, and I'm looking forward to the next one...

...which I just found out is coming out on August 28th! Wtf, that's soon!

Well, "soon" because I just got 6 a little bit ago--and on the heels of 0 and (personally) finishing 5 and Kiwami at that.

Kiwami 2 will be the badass remake of Yakuza 2. I dunno if the battle system will be faithful to the original or play like 6 (it's running on 6's engine), though a google/youtube search could answer that for me. The sad part is that I'll be all out of Yakuza games after that, cuz there's no plan for a "Kiwami 3" in Japan yet, and they take a couple years after JP release before they release localized versions. I guess I could get the PS3 versions, but... muh 60fps hi-rez grafx. :< The PS4 games look silky smooth compared to the PS3 entries.

Anyway, look forward to a video of me fucking around with Yakuza 6 in the future. I've already recorded a few lulz and glitchy oddities (thanks to the imprecise engine).

#1015 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,481 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 07:05 PM

Just got through this funny "substory"/side mission. :D

It's over 11 minutes long, even though I cut out the traveling. This way it won't waste your time with non-substory shit. Well, there are parts of me battling (and looking like shit in the process as I make mistakes and grab/punch the air a lot--though I blame the sloppy battle system for this shit), but the battles are related to the event. I just thought I'd share this cuz it made me lawl several times throughout. :P

#1016 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,162 posts
  • Nintendo ID:Ngamer01
  • 3DS Code:4038 6174 8183

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:06 AM

I recently picked up Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity on 3DS.  It is a bit lacking compared to other PMD games, but I'm still having fun with it.  Currently I'm just grinding missions to level up my party and to level up Pokemon Paradise.  <sarcasm> I just had the best run-in with one V-Wheeeeeel!!!'ing Victini recently. </ sarcasm>

...I wish someone would backhand Victini.  Urgh.

#1017 HAL_9000

HAL_9000

joined two days ago

• Shriekbat
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:45 AM

I've been playing some arcade games with the Neogeo X stick I recently finished modding. Mostly old Sega and Irem games, like Galaxy Force 2, Gun Force 2, Undercover Cops, etc.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gaming general discussion, any console, card games, board games, PC, narcissism

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users