Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Resident Evil: Revelaitons 2

only plant cares only gamerman cares resident evil sequels non-nintendo games GOTY contender episodic games

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 gamerman99 GameBoy

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:14 PM

Making the official thread for Revelaitons 2.

What we know thus far:

1. Play as Claire Redfield
  2. Barry's daughter, Moira, is 2-P
  3. Moira carries a flashlight, while Claire is the shooter
  4. Setting is on a deserted island's detention center
  5. New bad guys known as the Alfflicted
  6. The game will be released in an episodic format before the disc-based version releases
  7. Prices include $6 per episode, $25 for the season pass, or $40 for the disc version
  8. The disc version includes additional content (it isn't clear if this will be the same content available when buying the season pass at this time or not)
  9. The game takes place between the events of RE5 & RE6

Speculative potential spoilers:

Spoiler

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN, TOOT-TOOT MOTHER-FUCKER!

#2 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,527 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:16 PM

I want this game for Wii U, but nope. >_< I wonder how much better the PS4 version may be. I was waiting for Resident Evil 7 to get my PS4 but this may be the closest thing I'll get to that in a long time... But will it be worth it to hold out for PS4? I dunno where u got the pricing info from, but this budget price makes me fear it'll be short and shallow. In that case, 360 would be the way to go fot me.

Edited by Plant42, 11 September 2014 - 06:17 PM.

#3 G-tech

G-tech

Level 1

• War Wasp
  • 204 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:48 PM

It seems the only thing that is shared between Revelations 2 and the original is their name. From what I can tell, considering I've only played the demo of Revelaitons Revelations, the first game was similar in tone RE 5 with the action dialed down. Whereas this game is tilting towards REmake in tone. And with the re-release of REmake it seems that Capcom is getting this franchise back on track.

I'm not sure about how Capcom is handling the extra content though. It's still early so I'll reserve judgement until there's more information.

@42

RE 6 didn't meet their sales expectations despite selling at least 5 million copies and with the increasing interest in horror games from the indie scene, I wonder if Capcom is using Revelation 2 and REmake as gauge interest in this style of horror for the next main entry RE.

Edited by G-tech, 11 September 2014 - 07:02 PM.

#4 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,211 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:21 PM

I want this game for Wii U, but nope. >_< I wonder how much better the PS4 version may be. I was waiting for Resident Evil 7 to get my PS4 but this may be the closest thing I'll get to that in a long time... But will it be worth it to hold out for PS4? I dunno where u got the pricing info from, but this budget price makes me fear it'll be short and shallow. In that case, 360 would be the way to go fot me.

I imaging Wii U and PS4 will be pretty close to each other. It's a cross-gen title, and I'm pretty sure it's the up-port variety rather than the down-port flavor. So PS360 is likely the core project, with some small bumps for the rest. Just get it on whatever platform you want.

And I think it's a little unfair to assume it will be shallow. It's likely reusing the engine and assets, so it's not an expensive project, but it could still be a good game.

#5 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,527 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:49 PM

I imaging Wii U and PS4 will be pretty close to each other. It's a cross-gen title, and I'm pretty sure it's the up-port variety rather than the down-port flavor. So PS360 is likely the core project, with some small bumps for the rest. Just get it on whatever platform you want.

And I think it's a little unfair to assume it will be shallow. It's likely reusing the engine and assets, so it's not an expensive project, but it could still be a good game.

I take it you mean "PS3/360 and PS4 will be pretty close to each other," because this is what the the Wii U version of Resident Evil: Revelaitons 2 will look like:

black-rectangle-hi.png

I guess that's okay, though.

Check out the Bayonetta 2 graphics comparisons. :)

original.jpg?w=800&h

Edited by Plant42, 14 September 2014 - 05:49 PM.

#6 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

The Villain of Mario Kart

• Flaahgra
  • 2,159 posts
  • Nintendo ID:RobokW
  • 3DS Code:3523-2685-0069

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:10 AM

Revelaitons (1) is down to $19 new for 3DS. I gotta get on board. But I'm scared because smash is almost here. I might have to buy it before all the new copies are gone and just hang onto it.

#7 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,527 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:24 AM

Revelaitons (1) is down to $19 new for 3DS. I gotta get on board. But I'm scared because smash is almost here. I might have to buy it before all the new copies are gone and just hang onto it.

While Revelaitons HD contains more content than the 3DS game, in some ways I actually prefer the 3DS game. Specifically, the sniping controls on HD are shit compared to 3DS, and it's not because some gimmicky motion control as yone may expect. The HD version's scope works as an all-or-nothing zoom, whereas the 3DS version uses a gradual zoom. And... that's mostly it. I also love the 3D, which HD version inherently lacks, but the HD models and textures are better. Not as good as they should be, mind you--and it is plagued with the same exact loading "issues" as the 3DS has (it's not optimized worth a fuck), but still prettier. And another "gripe" is that there's an difficulty spike in Raid Mode which stopped me in my tracks in HD. I 100%'d 3D, and some parts were. Very tough, but HD is a lot tougher. And a final note, I generally like portable gaming less than home console (big screen/sound) gaming. It's mainly that I find 3DS controls better for sniping. My loadout consisted of machine gun, sniper, and magnum.

#8 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

The Villain of Mario Kart

• Flaahgra
  • 2,159 posts
  • Nintendo ID:RobokW
  • 3DS Code:3523-2685-0069

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:32 AM

While Revelaitons HD contains more content than the 3DS game, in some ways I actually prefer the 3DS game. Specifically, the sniping controls on HD are shit compared to 3DS, and it's not because some gimmicky motion control as yone may expect. The HD version's scope works as an all-or-nothing zoom, whereas the 3DS version uses a gradual zoom. And... that's mostly it. I also love the 3D, which HD version inherently lacks, but the HD models and textures are better. Not as good as they should be, mind you--and it is plagued with the same exact loading "issues" as the 3DS has (it's not optimized worth a fuck), but still prettier. And another "gripe" is that there's an difficulty spike in Raid Mode which stopped me in my tracks in HD. I 100%'d 3D, and some parts were. Very tough, but HD is a lot tougher. And a final note, I generally like portable gaming less than home console (big screen/sound) gaming. It's mainly that I find 3DS controls better for sniping. My loadout consisted of machine gun, sniper, and magnum.

I prefer console too, i.e. monhun3U. I just have enough games getting released soon to keep me busy for a long time. Hyrule Warriors, Bayo 1 +2, Smash U

Edited by Robok, 15 September 2014 - 08:36 AM.

#9 gamerman99 GameBoy

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:53 PM

I do intend on getting the first game here soon. I kinda want a weekend to play it though, which may not be for awhile yet. I would play on 360 though.

#10 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,527 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 09:25 PM

I just recorded and submitted this. You're welcome.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: only plant cares, only gamerman cares, resident evil, sequels, non-nintendo games, GOTY contender, episodic games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users