• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#11 Kezay

Kezay

Level 2

• X Parasite
  • 573 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 12:07 AM

Even better.  Then again it would be weird if you didn't have any manual control to drive however you wanted.  If the game is going to have an airship later on with (supposedly) full control then it would be odd if the main vehicle we've seen so far wouldn't.

#12 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,524 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 07:46 AM

Great point. I hadn't considered the possibility of an airship for travel in this game, because "this is a fantasy based on reality" and they already have a sweet-ass Bro-Mobile; however, enemy forces have dropships, and I can't imagine this a JRPG without a method of flying to carry the party across the world. I can only imagine how awesome it'll look to travel that world through the air. ^_^

#13 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,524 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 05:21 PM

NEW TRAILER!

This is the first time we've seen Final Fantasy XV in a long while. The game seems a lot more fleshed out now, but after playing Episode Duscae and struggling with the controls and being completely inefficient during battles (I can't figure out how to do decent moves or deal sizable damage with my attacks), I couldn't help but feel a certain bit of anxiety throughout that majority of this video. "If I were playing, how would I possibly win in this situation?"

Anyway, here's the new video.

They also showed a new character off... and the character has tits, unlike 98% of FFXV characters. :P

IGN's got the low-down on this bitch.
Her name's "Aranea Highwind," and she's "the commander of Niflheim’s Third Army Corps 87th Airborne Division, according to Square Enix, and a 'skilled aerial combatant known as ‘Dragoon’ within the Imperial military.”

The video ends with a "2016" release date, so we know it's not slipping into the next year, but a finalized release date will come at the end of next month. "Called Final Fantasy Uncovered, the event will take place in Los Angeles on March 30th at 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time and will include 'major announcements and surprises.'"

Edited by Plant42, 30 March 2016 - 03:24 PM.

#14 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,524 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 03:38 PM

Alright!!! The day has come, and so have I!

In a little over 2 hours, the show will begin!

...and of course, some leaker faggots already leaked the the launch date: SEPTEMBER 30th (though this date was leaked weeks/months ago. Also, they revealed that we should expect the next DEMO coming out TONIGHT! Technically nothing is confirmed yet, but it is said that the demo will include a new pussy-lookin summon--Carbuncle--which can be imported into FFXV proper, and will be the only method of getting this little shit.

The show starts tonight at 10pm EDT/7pm PDT!
Tune in if you give a fuck!

#15 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,524 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 08:09 PM

Oh man, there is SO much to cover!! In short, this was NOT just a Final Fantasy XV gameplay details reveal event with a new trailer, demo, and release date announcement...

In short, 2016 is The Year of Final Fantasy XV.

In the order of which I remember shit:

This Final Fantasy XV trailer shows off the environment, and it's stunningly beautiful!

Florence and the Machine composed an arrangement of Stand by Me for FFXV, and it's the best version of the song that I've ever heard (in trailer below).

There will be a Final Fantasy XV ANIME, titled Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV!
Sort of OVA style--only 5 episodes, spread out leading up to the release of the game. Episode 1 is available NOW!
Here's the link to the first episode: https://www.youtube....h?v=fsVhwsUFaDE
Below is the announcement trailer.

There's also going to be a feature length, big-budget, CG movie titled Kingsglaive Final Fantasy XV, which features the voice work of Lena Heady, Sean Bean, and that "BITCH!" guy from Breaking Bad! The movie will not see a theatrical release, however. It will only be available for download and streaming, though it may be available on disc later down the line...

Two special editions of the game are available. The lower-end one contains a steel book case with the game, as well as a Kingsglaive Blu-Ray disc, and some DLC bonus content (a sword, clothes, ...8-bit party member decals for your car?). The higher-end one contains the aforementioned items, as well as a "Special Soundtrack" (containing select music from the game, Brotherhood (the anime), and Kingsglaive (the CG movie)), a hard-cover 192-page art book, the Brotherhood anime on Blu-Ray, and even more DLC. Oh yeah, and, THE FUCKING NOCTIS STATUE!

FFXVUltimate.jpg

Justice Monsters V! This is a MOBILE game, which is actually one of the in-game minigames from Final Fantasy XV! I think it will be available soon (not there right now).

The DEMO was indeed real: Platinum Demo - Final Fantasy XV!
You play as young Noctis, as well as matured Noctis. This also doubles as a sort of tech demo since you can manipulate the weather and such by stepping on switches. Beating this demo will grant you the ability to unlock this furry squirrel fox shit (named Carbuncle) as one of the astral being as DLC in the full Final Fantasy XV game.

And yes, the release date is indeed September 30th, 2016. In order to get to know the characters well, we can tune into the anime and movie and games and demo and all these good stuff leading up to the release! That is why I'm calling this The Year of Final Fantasy XV! Take note, Nintendo. THIS is how you do it. ;P

There were quite a few other reveal pieces from the show, but these were the most important to me. Here's one last one. Maybe Morgil will appreciate this one more. This is the artwork was originally in 2D, and then masterfully and seamlessly rendered into 3D.

Oh, and this one's for Kezay! Remember how we were talking about a flying vehicle? Well, just watch this video through to the end! ;)

If there's anything else I'm missing that you would like to add, please do!

ENJOY!!! :D

Edited by PBluafnotr4d2, 13 August 2016 - 12:00 PM.

#16 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,524 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 01:55 PM

I'm still hyped for this today. :D

The livestream turned into a rendered video (I think Youtube does that automatically; it did it for my one and only PS4 livestream :P).

Here's the entire video of everything that was broadcasted live.

Did you click it yet?

Okay, now skip to 54:23. The first part is the worst, nerdiest, most pathetic cringefest you've ever seen. Or perhaps it ties the worst you've ever seen. Either way, it's so fucking awful that I had to leave this pre-show thing within minutes of tuning into it.

Alright, did you actually click that link above to skip to 54:23? NO?!

Well that's good. Now skip to 1:02:29. Everything between 54:23 and 1:02:29 is time wasted while everyone sits their asses down, and some grown adults wave at the fucking camera like a bunch of 5-year-olds. After that, at 1:02:29, the REAL show begins!

Anyway, I also downloaded and played some (most?) of the "Platinum Demo" last night. I'll have more impressions later. In short... muh dik.

Edited by Plant42, 31 March 2016 - 02:03 PM.

#17 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,524 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 02:47 PM

NEW TRAILER

SHOWS NEW ENEMIES

SHOWS "HIGH LEVEL" MAGIC!

I search for a Non-IGN version of this shit (for a Square-Enix one), but it looks like IGN has some exclusivity bullshit on this video, so here's this version, at least for now.

Edited by PBluafnotr4d2, 15 August 2016 - 01:07 PM.

#18 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 04:42 PM

It's the current IGN First, so pretty much everything coming out on IGN will be exclusive (aside from any second-hand reporting).

#19 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,524 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:46 AM

The second and third episodes of Brotherhood Final Fantasy XV came out a relatively long time ago, but I just now watched them both. Episode 2 fleshes out the origins of the relation between Prompto and Noctis, and Episode 3 does the same between Gladiolus and Noctis.

In other news, the upcoming DLC has been detailed. There will be a total of 6 DLC packs.

1.) Booster Pack - grants some bonus (probably shitty) weapons at the start of the game

2.) Holiday Pack - grants some bonus items at the start of the game

3.) Episode Gladiolus - bonus story chapter revolving around Gladiolus as the playable character

4.) Episode Ignis - bonus story chapter revolving around Ignis as the playable character

5.) Episode Prompto - bonus story chapter revolving around Prompto as the playable character

6.) Expansion Pack - a "Completely New Final Fantasy XV" (whatever the fuck that means)

All 6 can be purchased as a bunduru via Season Pass. There doesn't seem to be a concrete USD price for the season pass alone, but it is included in the Digital Premium Edition, which costs $85.

And now for some bad news. This is just rumor, but it is "confirmed" by one of the sources that leaked/reported the initial September 30th release date prior to its official unveiling.

According to Gamenesia, FFXV has been DELAYED two months, set to launch on November 29th. Someone in GameStop management spilled the beans after seeing the November date on promotional material that isn't permitted to be up until tomorrow (Sunday, August 14th). This is bad news, since nobody likes delays, but I guess the silver lining is that I get a lot more time to play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (launch date 8/23/16) instead of being rushed to complete it in only 1 month.

Still, I'd be embarrassed as hell if I were Square-Enix, every time I looked back at this: https://www.youtube....PIL88&t=132m51s :P

>>Edit:

Here's the GameStop promotional shit in question.

Lastly, (if this shit didn't get delayed as well) Justice Monsters Five, the mobile game based on the actual pinball minigame in FFXV, is scheduled to release on iPhone and Android during this month of August (Windows 10 date coming later).

Edited by PBluafnotr4d2, 14 August 2016 - 02:54 PM.

#20 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,524 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:47 PM

This video released a couple of days ago when I was looking for FFXV shit and I didn't even see it! I found it now, though! :P

Here's a video featuring new footage of gorgeous scenery and new creatures! It also contains a new, original song by Florence + The Machine: I Will Be.

I thought they just borrowed her group for a single song, but it looks like they're going a lot deeper. In her video address during the Uncovered event last March, Florence expressed being impressed by beautiful video game music after seeing a sort of documentary, and she was excited to take a stab at it for herself.

Also, I just now learned that she's got at least one other original song created for FFXV: Too Much is Never Enough

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users