• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:59 PM

I have it on disc. The Wii controls are fun, but i didn't like that they changed some enemy locations and log entries in the first game. Hope you enjoy it, though.

It's because for whatever reason they used the PAL versions, which I will never understand. NOE made a bunch of annoying changes when the localized it, including the lore tweaks in the original game, difficulty tweaks in Echoes, and removing the word "damn" from Corruption. Retro has said flat out that the NTSC releases are the official releases, and I believe the North American Player's Choice version of Prime had all of the crucial bug-fixes, so you'd think they'd use those versions, but whatever.

Still, despite that it's a bad-ass collection. :P Plus, $10. I'll be rebuying it just for the sake of having on my HDD, along with winking and nudging at Nintendo a shit-ton.

#22 gamerman99 GameBoy

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:49 AM

Anybody hear anything on whether the Wii games will continue each week through Feb and if so, what the next few games are gonna be?
Anybody hear anything on whether the Wii games will continue each week through Feb and if so, what the next few games are gonna be?

#23 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:04 PM

While we're still stuck with our first 3 games, both the EU and Japan have already gotten 2 more releases since, with Japan getting another on the 25th.

NOA gonna NOA. :|

We're also the only region without DKCR or Return to Dreamland...

#24 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,548 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:19 PM

While we're still stuck with our first 3 games, both the EU and Japan have already gotten 2 more releases since, with Japan getting another on the 25th.

NOA gonna NOA. :|

We're also the only region without DKCR or Return to Dreamland...

Aaaare.... those "2 more releases" that "EU and Japan have already gotten" DKCR and Return to Dreamland? If not, then I don't see why it's so special in pointing out that we're the only region without DKCR or RtD. I mean, we've gotta be missing on some thing or another if we're "still stuck with our first 3 games." If we did have DKCR instead, your post would probably read "We're also the only region without Metroid Prime Trilogy or Return to Dreamland..."

#25 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:39 PM

DKCR was one of both the EU and Japan's initial three promo games. The US got Punch-Out instead, which was one the EU's two post-promotion games, and has yet to be released in Japan. The other of the EU's two post-promo titles was Kirby, which is what Japan got instead of MPT for its third promo title (MPT was never released in Japan and likely won't ever be). Japan's two post-promo games were Sin & Punishment 2 and "Zangeki no Reginleiv", neither of which has been released in Europe either.

Which is a longer way of saying I felt the two facts were separately noteworthy enough to mention, due to the differing releases schedules and the fact that I found both games to be significant.

#26 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

The Villain of Mario Kart

• Flaahgra
  • 2,163 posts
  • Nintendo ID:RobokW
  • 3DS Code:3523-2685-0069

Posted 14 March 2015 - 03:38 AM

Pandoras Tower was also mentioned for every region except NA. I had just learned of this.

Edited by Robok, 14 March 2015 - 03:58 AM.

#27 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:48 AM

You have to understand that DKCR 3D is still being sold in America, so that's why NoA may not be wanting to throw up the original Wii version right now.  They want entice as many people as they can who may be looking at DKCR 3D.  Western games aren't big in Japan, so that's why NCL can get away with having DKCR on Wii U VC now and Nintendo gaming isn't big in Europe either, so NoE can get away with having DKCR on Wii U VC now as well.

Games with previous ports or remakes can often delay a re-release of a previous version in America. Chrono Trigger (SNES) took so long to hit Wii VC after its DS remake.  It's also why it took so long for Kirby Super Star to hit Wii VC after Kirby Super Star Ultra was a thing on DS.

But I also know it was inverted with Majora's Mask.  That game hit Wii VC in 2009 first before the 3D remakes of both MM and OoT were a thing in Japan.  So there was an excuse that at the time, there were no other versions of Majora's Mask being worked on that would compete with the Wii VC version.

Edited by Ngamer01, 15 March 2015 - 10:51 AM.

#28 G-tech

G-tech

Level 1

• War Wasp
  • 205 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:44 AM

You have to understand that DKCR 3D is still being sold in America, so that's why NoA may not be wanting to throw up the original Wii version right now.  They want entice as many people as they can who may be looking at DKCR 3D.  Western games aren't big in Japan, so that's why NCL can get away with having DKCR on Wii U VC now and Nintendo gaming isn't big in Europe either, so NoE can get away with having DKCR on Wii U VC now as well.

I'm not following you here. Isn't DK3D sold in Japan and Europe as well? So if DCKR is available on both the 3DS and Wii U in those markets then I don't see any reason why it can't be the same in the Americas. Also, if Western games don't sell well in Japan then why re-release such a game to that market over one that it's more likely to sell? 

I know that Nintendo titles usually have a long tail but it has been two years since that game came out. I'm sure most of the people that wanted that version of the game already bought it. And not all Wii U owners have a 3DS, so why not throw them a bone.

#29 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 12:34 PM

Yeah, I'm really not thinking that's the reasoning here either. Especially since it's not JUST DKCR not being released here, it's everything else that could be being released too. And that includes Kirby, which has been impossible to buy at retail prices for a couple years now.

#30 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:15 PM

But Kirby Triple Deluxe is still being sold on 3DS, Prime.

NoA's marketing is bad, but some of the time people like to jump on NoA for being stupid when in reality, they want to maximize profit and avoid having versions of games cannibalize each other (exceptions like NSMB 2 and U and Wii and Wii U aside -- those are pure NoA marketing failures).  Once NoA sees there's no more demand for DKCR 3D (whether at retail or digital), they'll add DKCR on the Wii U VC.

Or hell, this could be another NoA marketing ploy and they'll sit on DKCR until another DK anniversary or something.  Wouldn't be the first time NoA delayed things for "marketing timing" like lining a release up for a US anniversary.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii, eShop, Wii U

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users