Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Unrest at Konami

konami kajima productions metal gear solid unrest end of an era?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:44 AM

EDIT - Never mind.  It's only Konami's Slots division that pulled itself off the NY Stock Exchange.

Though this may be a sign Konami may not want to bring gaming goods to America anymore...

Source: http://www.neogaf.co...d.php?t=1036699

Edited by Ngamer01, 27 April 2015 - 09:58 AM.

#22 Fushigisaur

Fushigisaur

Level 2

• Sheegoth
  • 675 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:54 AM

Wait, so they might not only stop making new games, but also retroactively get rid of their old games that are already out there? Please tell me that's unrealistic. There are so many Konami titles I'm still intending to get in the future.

#23 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:01 AM

Oops.  I didn't get my edit in on time, Fushi.  The earlier info was wrong.  See my new edit above.

#24 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,548 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 01:50 PM

You see, this is fucking bullshit, because they're clearly lying about Kojima not being fired. On one hand, Donna Burke spills the beans that Kojima has been fired, and then Konami goes up Donna's ass and causes her to tell the world, "Konami is correct in that Kojima has not actually been fired." On the other hand, you have Guillermo del Toro saying that Silent Hills is not happening anymore. Punk-ass motherfuckin' Konami. You're a piece of lying damage-controlling shit, and you're fucking retarded for firing Kojima--and if you're insisting that it's Kojima's fault, then I still blame you fuckers for NOT bending over backwards to pleasure Kojima in any fucking way he desires. This would be like Take2 not letting Sam Houser do what he wants with GTA. Good luck with that, you fucks. Actually, not good luck; I hope you go the fuck under and sell your IPs to devs who actually care about them.

#25 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:24 AM

Update.  PT's Shareplay feature was removed on PS4:  http://www.neogaf.co...d.php?t=1044319

Also there was an investigation/rumors into what's going on at Konami that resulted in Konami issuing a DMCA takedown/copyright strike on the investigator:

http://www.neogaf.co...d.php?t=1044229

If anyone does stuff on YouTube, you may want to private certain videos incase Konami goes DMCA on every Konami, Hudson, and Yu-Gi-Oh! item out there.

I worry now that Konami may pressure Nintendo into taking down Brawl videos.  I might have to hide my Brawl vids.

Edited by Ngamer01, 11 May 2015 - 09:25 AM.

#26 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,548 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:57 AM

I hate how Konami is behaving now. It's shit like this that makes me hope Konami dies out and has to sell its IP/assets like a cheap whore.

#27 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:27 PM

What the flying fuck Konami. Like I've said before, it's one thing if they want to drop out of gaming. But they're actively and deliberately destroying their legacy, burning every bridge possible, and trying to pretend like one of their most exciting projects in years doesn't even exist, hiding its existence by any means necessary.

#28 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

The Villain of Mario Kart

• Flaahgra
  • 2,163 posts
  • Nintendo ID:RobokW
  • 3DS Code:3523-2685-0069

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:38 AM

What the flying fuck Konami. Like I've said before, it's one thing if they want to drop out of gaming. But they're actively and deliberately destroying their legacy, burning every bridge possible, and trying to pretend like one of their most exciting projects in years doesn't even exist, hiding its existence by any means necessary.

I can't imagine what happened. For as bad as we think it is, it must be worse than that. Like when you hear your neighbors yelling at each other in their house but outside they're a happy couple. I wonder what kind of ego plays into this. Obviously, you could argue that Kojima is too big and if that investigation is correct, the head of Konami seems like a jealous type of guy. I mean, the box art for a MGS games says "KOJIMA..." more prominently than Konami.

#29 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:22 PM

http://www.neogaf.co...d.php?t=1046059

This explains everything wrong with Konami.  New CEO, new modus operandi:

CAjRVnzVIAA4WXD.jpg

They're going mobile.  After MGS V and Winning Eleven on consoles, Konami will be dialing back console support and going mobile.  Metal Gear IP and other Konami IP may appear on mobile instead of console going ahead.

The only way Konami can be "saved" is if the new CEO gets ousted.  But that may only happen if Konami starts bombing at mobile/gambling.

Edited by Ngamer01, 14 May 2015 - 12:23 PM.

#30 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:38 AM

I've kinda stopping posting about this since whenever you'd look at this, something else goes on so it's hard to get an accurate picture of what's going on sometimes.  At the last time I checked, apparently Konami's behavior can also be attributed to the cause of Kojima apparently being too expensive to let him do whatever he wants anymore.

But also allegations are coming out that Konami's management is forcing developers into sweatshop conditions.  Rumor also has it Nintendo is negotiating with Konami about temporarily licensing the Momotaro Dentetsu franchise.  We've heard before from Momotaro's creator about Konami killing the franchise after all.

You can read up on the latest rumors and allegations here:  http://gonintendo.co...nintendo-new-ga

Edited by Ngamer01, 03 August 2015 - 04:39 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: konami, kajima productions, metal gear solid, unrest, end of an era?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users