gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 02:13 PM

468px-Fallout4main.png

http://www.fallout.bethesda.com

Please%20Stand%20By%20Fallout%204.png

Bethesda is announcing Fallout 4 tomorrow morning at 10am eastern/7am pacific time. What the announcement will entail is unknown at this point, but my best guess is nothing beyond a small reveal trailer. Bethesda has, for the first time ever, their own E3 press conference this year which began speculation on this year being the year of the Fallout 4 reveal.

It is being speculated that the setting will be in or near Boston, MA. This is also where a lot of past games have referenced this being a major plot point to the Fallout series.

Jock DJ Three-Dog is returning, and of course the E3 conference is heavily speculated to also include Bethesda's new game engine reveal as well. Other details seem very scarce and few and far between thus far.

Will the game release this fall? Next year? What kinds of new features will it have? Enemies, sidekicks, guns, Pip-Boy features, bottle caps--let's start the hype train Chozo Sanctuary-ers!

Edited by gamerman99, 05 April 2016 - 03:49 PM.

#2 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,548 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:53 AM

I never played Fallout 3, but I saw my friend play it and I saw vids and reviews. I don't like it's RPG focus paired with FPS design. That pair-up isn't a recipe for disaster by nature, though. Deus Ex proves otherwise. But this shit takes it to ghey levels, where you'll shoot directly at somebody, but might not register his if the stats/levels don't agree. FPSes are aim and shoot. Now tell me that I didn't hit my target and inflicted my due damage, and we's finna have sum problemz.

Edited by Plant42, 05 April 2016 - 05:01 PM.

#3 LazyyDogg

LazyyDogg

Level 1

• Skree
  • 251 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 02:26 PM

htAWNlE.jpg

#4 gamerman99 GameBoy

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:37 PM

E3 kicked off with a HUGE start Sunday evening with the Bethesda conference. (I couldn't watch it until late last night, and only now have time to post about eveyrthing :P

Coming November 10th of 2015!

Tons of new stuff was shown during the press conference. TLDR version:

• Character customization is as easy as looking into a mirror. You can be male/female
  • The baby your character has will differ based on the skin color & features of the husband/wife
  • The game begins pre-apocalypse
  • 200 years later, the protagonist emits from Vault 111 to see a wasteland of Boston
  • Mr. Handy, Dogmeat, raiders, Deathclaws, Mole Rats, Radscorpions and more return
  • No story details were given to avoid spoilers
  • Certain areas of the game are customizable, meaning you can build your own fortifications, defense systems, markets, homes and buildings (watch out though, raiders can attack your hardworking civilization!)
  • There are over 50 guns, and over 700 modifications for new weapons
  • You can improve weapons, armor, and your buildings by picking up nearly ANYTHING in the game to scrap.
  • A 2nd screen experience for Android & iOS will be utilized, but not required. Bethesda is making an app for the Pip-Boy interface to be used on mobile devices
  • Alternatively, by pre-ordering the special edition, a fully-functional Pip-Boy comes with the game
  • The Xbox One version will fully support Mods, including those from PC
  • Purchasing the Xbox One version will snag you a copy of Fallout 3 for free!
  • The VATS system returns!
  • A jetpack add-on for the Enclave/Brotherhood armor is available
  • Verti-birds are ride-able by throwing a smoke grenade and climbing into it. This may be a new fast-travel method

Edited by gamerman99, 16 June 2015 - 12:51 PM.

#5 gamerman99 GameBoy

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 02:56 PM

IGN gave it a 9.5/10, citing the negative of the game as bugs (damn bloat flies and fire ants :P). Picking this up tomorrow at 8 am at Target and coincidentally have the day off work. Can't wait to start it.

#6 gamerman99 GameBoy

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 03:19 AM

Here was one of the final non spoilery trailers that came out last week:

Not too much is new in it except towards the end...
Spoiler

Those things looked legit!

Friend snapchatted a picture of the box. I'm sure he's been playing all night. Haven't been this anxious for a game in quite awhile.

#7 gamerman99 GameBoy

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:08 PM

Ok. Pheew. Made it through day 1. Roughly 12 hours into the game so far, and almost level 12. I'm posting general first impressions for now.

At first I hated the re-vamped Pip Boy. They also updated the perks system a bit. I like both the old way & even though they announced the changes, I was doing everything I could to stay away from spoiler or anything about the game really. I also wasn't fond of the modding system or the build your own camp aspect, but I've come to like both quite a bit more (though I still don't always quite understand it to be honest). Overall though the game, environment, atmosphere, gameplay, graphics, and everything else in between is still fantastic. I did get glitches out once so far, and another thing happened where I had to restart my xbone.

Below the spoiler tag, if anybody's even reading this shit anyways, are not really story spoilers, but I'm tagging them in case anybody intends on getting the game in the very near future or something. Mostly impressions on the game's beginning.

Again, this spoiler WILL ruin the beginning of the game for you!

Spoiler

Edited by gamerman99, 05 April 2016 - 03:46 PM.

#8 gamerman99 GameBoy

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 03:01 PM

Admittedly, I haven't played Fallout 4 since the end of December. I got really into Battlefront, as well as other games from Christmas...

That said, Bethesda revealed the season pass info today. Just copying the link to Kotaku but basically it's a shitload of content. The season pass goes up in price starting March 1st, from $30 to $50 bucks.

http://kotaku.com/ev...dium=Socialflow

Edited by gamerman99, 16 February 2016 - 08:02 PM.

#9 gamerman99 GameBoy

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 03:37 PM

So Automatron, part 1 of the DLC launched towards the middle of last month. It was just announced today that the next DLC, Wasteland Workshop, launches April 12th. The 3rd DLC, and last known DLC for what I can only speculate will be while, is called Far Harbor, and it launches [probably towards the end of] May.

Edited by gamerman99, 05 April 2016 - 03:38 PM.

#10 gamerman99 GameBoy

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 03:44 PM

For a follow-up to the above post, I'll reserve this one for the DLC trailers. I love that Bethesda Softworks makes these, because the hype is real here. Damn, I really need to find the time to get back into this game again! AND ALL YOU CHOZOS NEED TO GET THE GAME ALREADY!!

Automatron DLC Trailer:

Wasteland Workshop DLC Trailer:

Far Harbor DLC trailer:

Edited by gamerman99, 04 May 2016 - 04:04 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fallout 4, fallout, ps4, xbox one, bethesda, next gen, maybe only gamerman cares

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users