• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:40 AM

Gears of War 4 was unveiled at Microsoft's E3 press event today, with a live gameplay demo:

The demo features two brand new characters and a completely new class of enemy seemingly unrelated to the original trilogy's Locust Horde. It also seems to be going back to the franchise's horror roots from the first game, which could be part of the reason it is being remastered.

Gears 4 will be coming late 2016.

#2 CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

has no sense of humor

• Chozo Chancellor
  • 6,854 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:33 PM

Two things!

1: FUCK YES

2: I am so fucking happy Marcus, Dom, Baird, and Cole were not in that. The one thing this series needs is a new set of characters. The old ones have had their arc, and it ended pretty damn well. To go back to them cheapens that. I've said this before, and it's pissed stupid people off who don't understand storytelling, but fucking hell I'm so happy to not see Marcus.

Looks great.

#3 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:46 PM

Two things!

1: FUCK YES

2: I am so fucking happy Marcus, Dom, Baird, and Cole were not in that. The one thing this series needs is a new set of characters. The old ones have had their arc, and it ended pretty damn well. To go back to them cheapens that. I've said this before, and it's pissed stupid people off who don't understand storytelling, but fucking hell I'm so happy to not see Marcus.

Looks great.

I agree. I've always said Gears 3 fully closed the book on the Delta Squad/Locust story. Doing either again would just be so unnecessary and negate the whole trilogy story ark.

I am wondering though how this new enemy folds in. Gears has always been restricted to one planet, so it's not like Halo where they can just find another group of baddies out there in space.

#4 gamerman99 GameBoy

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:14 AM

Super stoked for this. Loved the reveal, love that it's new characters. The gameplay demo was enough to pique my interest for specualtion. It also looks like they're going back to the Gears of War 1 roots in the aesthetic of the game, such as the atmosphere, dark themes, scary corridors. Though, this could just be the demo of that part in the game, BUT AWWWWH MAYYYYYYN DA HYPE IS REAL!

#5 gamerman99 GameBoy

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 12:10 PM

Some new info was detailed today. We'll play as Marcus's son, JD Fenex, 25 years after the events of Gears 3. Kait Diaz & Delmont Walker will complete the trio of new characters.

2-P couch co-op confirmed as well.

More here:
Gears of War 4 Story, Gameplay Details Revealed http://www.ign.com/a...tails-revealed?

#6 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,526 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:21 PM

You forgot one:

Conker purchase confirmed. :P

#7 CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

has no sense of humor

• Chozo Chancellor
  • 6,854 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:22 PM

Some new info was detailed today. We'll play as Marcus's son, JD Fenex, 25 years after the events of Gears 3. Kait Diaz & Delmont Walker will complete the trio of new characters.

More here:
Gears of War 4 Story, Gameplay Details Revealed http://www.ign.com/a...tails-revealed?

God damnit

At least there's couch coop. Purchase confirmed ;P

Edited by CONKERSBADFURDAY, 08 March 2016 - 02:22 PM.

#8 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 10:00 PM

New CG trailer:

#9 gamerman99 GameBoy

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 02:43 PM

Aw, such a cool trailer. And the beta launches what, the 18th?! #Stoked

#10 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,526 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:57 PM

Another trailer with a good song and a tone that won't be present in the actual game?

Shit, where's Chad Warden when you need him? :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users