• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#11 gamerman99 GameBoy

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 05:33 PM

All right guys. The beta went live yesterday for those that played GoW:UE. Otherwise, it goes public next week. I'll spoiler some of what I've read already on reddit's GoW page.

I got my code earlier today and have it downloading now. Remember, there are goodies for reaching level 20 in the beta. Also spoiler tagging one of the game modes for those that wanna be pleasantly surprised in the beta.

I'll have some of my impressions out later tonight, hopefully.

Spoiler

Edited by gamerman99, 19 April 2016 - 05:35 PM.

#12 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 06:23 PM

I think Halo 3 had a crazy-ass variant in Action Sack that was pretty similar to dodgeball.

Also, I still haven't gotten my code from Gears UE. Luckily Disturbed was giving codes out today, lol.

#13 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,545 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 06:26 PM

Luckily Disturbed was giving codes out today, lol.

Like, "OOO WAA-AH-AH-AH" Disturbed?

Edited by Plant42, 19 April 2016 - 06:27 PM.

#14 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 06:30 PM

I assume so? That band that put out the Sounds of Silence cover a while back. They used that for the trailer, so they had a promotion where they were giving out 1,000 beta codes.

#15 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,545 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 06:35 PM

I assume so? That band that put out the Sounds of Silence cover a while back. They used that for the trailer, so they had a promotion where they were giving out 1,000 beta codes.

Haha, if it's a band, then it's gotta be them. :P

But seriously, I know you're an antique rock dude, but how do you not know "Down with the Sickness?" ^____^;;

(link straight to Ooh WAA-AH-AH-AH)

https://www.youtube....3QmtV8vT0&t=31s

#16 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 06:37 PM

I know of the song, but I never cared enough about it or Disturbed to look into either.

#17 gamerman99 GameBoy

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 07:22 PM

Gonna see them in May at Rock on the Range :)

Digging the beta so far, minus the server issues, which despite being expected are always still a bummer.

#18 CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

has no sense of humor

• Chozo Chancellor
  • 6,858 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 08:00 PM

I think Halo 3 had a crazy-ass variant in Action Sack that was pretty similar to dodgeball.

Also, I still haven't gotten my code from Gears UE. Luckily Disturbed was giving codes out today, lol.

Fucking awesome.

#19 gamerman99 GameBoy

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 09:04 PM

Damn, okay. I am terrible at Dodgeball. I mean, bad. Even my games I did "well" in, nope, bad. Got a ranking of bronze level 3, which I assume is the lowest of the low. Despite being so bad at it, it truly is exhilarating to watch and see how each team does throughout the match, anticipating getting put back in the game. It can really get down to the wire, and I've seen several rounds flip-flop from who was leading by a lot, to losing in the end. I really hope I can get better at it.

Liking the 3 maps, but nothing particularly stands out in any of the 3 levels. Kinda generic areas I'd you ask me, but fun all the same. I'm level 9 so far, and I noticed that it seems like there is little xp granted unless the booster/power-up cards are put into play. I don't care for that, because of course you can always "buy more!" But thankfully they don't just expire after each match; you can set one to help you, and if you don't get it after several matches, no biggie. I haven't gotten the hang of the new dropshot yet, but it's basically a nerd gun like the digger launcher from Gears 3. The levels also don't feel so close-quarters, yet of course everyone uses shotguns primarily throughout the matches. I do think I've noticed more lancer usage, but not by any marginal amount. I used to be decent in Gears 3 online, but damn am I rusty.

Anyone else try the beta yet?

#20 gamerman99 GameBoy

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:43 PM

New gameplay shown off today at E3. I'm loving the look of the windstorm blowing shit everywhere [seemingly] randomly. Cars, tree branches, scraps, you name it. Also, wasn't that a gun that shoots sawblades, taken straight outta Borderlands? Nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users