• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,211 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:45 PM

New gameplay shown off today at E3. I'm loving the look of the windstorm blowing shit everywhere [seemingly] randomly. Cars, tree branches, scraps, you name it. Also, wasn't that a gun that shoots sawblades, taken straight outta Borderlands? Nice.

Old Man Marcus is cool, lol.

Also, I'm definitely not getting a Borderlands vibe from that gun at all. If anything, I'd think Dead Space. (though Sunset Overdrive has an extremely similar gun too)

I hope the final game isn't as... talky. I like character chatter, but there was bit too much. I'm guessing there won't be as much, since E3 demos seemed to be tweaked to be more "show-y".

#22 gamerman99 GameBoy

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:52 PM

One of the vehicles you can choose at Scooter's Cath-a-Ride has the option between rockets or sawblades. Always choose sawblades haha.

#23 G-tech

G-tech

Level 1

• War Wasp
  • 204 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:03 AM

If there is an option to launch chainsaws instead I'm getting this game day one.

All this hype for Gears 4 is really making me want to play Gears 3. Maybe I'll remedy that this year.

#24 gamerman99 GameBoy

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 01:52 PM

It's been announced that not everyone needs to have the horde maps downloaded in order to play horde on a particular map. So basically, have a friend that buys all the DLC maps? Have them host the horde match and play on the levels. I guess this was a major criticism of GoW3. Kinda smart marketing too imo.

#25 gamerman99 GameBoy

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:44 AM

Good read regarding the new ensemble of Heros E3 2016: Gears of War 4 Protagonists Are Strangely Endearing http://www.ign.com/a...gely-endearing?

#26 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,211 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:06 PM

New Gears footage:

Also, it's been announced that the score will be written by Ramin Djawadi, the composer for Game of Thrones and Person of Interest.

#27 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,211 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 03:18 PM

Horde 3.0 trailer is out:

And to clarify, since the trailer leaves out a lot of details, the new class system in Horde is purely for unlockable perks. You can use any class with any character and use any weapon with any class, unlike Gears Judgment where both character and weapons were tied to the class you chose.

#28 gamerman99 GameBoy

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 06:05 PM

Gears 4 releases tomorrow. The Xbone homepage has all kinds of Gears goodies to prep. Had I not messed with all that for about the past hour I coulda prr-ordered...I want those exclusive skins :( anybody know of Gamestop is doing a midnight launch and, if so, I can still technically nab all the pre-order bonus goodies by goin there? If I can't get them tonight, can I first thing tomorrow morning, or on my lunch break? It says the downloadable stuff comes via codes on a receipt...help is appreciated.

EDIT:Leaning towards the Ultimate Edition be a use the season pass is a bit cheaper this way and I know I'll play the shit outta this game. It's $99.99. I know I missed-out on downloading it 4 days early (last Friday) but I was busy and outta town anyways, so...Oh well.

Edited by gamerman99, 10 October 2016 - 06:11 PM.

#29 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,211 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:59 PM

Gears 4 releases tomorrow. The Xbone homepage has all kinds of Gears goodies to prep. Had I not messed with all that for about the past hour I coulda prr-ordered...I want those exclusive skins :( anybody know of Gamestop is doing a midnight launch and, if so, I can still technically nab all the pre-order bonus goodies by goin there? If I can't get them tonight, can I first thing tomorrow morning, or on my lunch break? It says the downloadable stuff comes via codes on a receipt...help is appreciated.

EDIT:Leaning towards the Ultimate Edition be a use the season pass is a bit cheaper this way and I know I'll play the shit outta this game. It's $99.99. I know I missed-out on downloading it 4 days early (last Friday) but I was busy and outta town anyways, so...Oh well.

? You could have pre-ordered at the time you posted that. Hell, you could have pre-ordered (with seconds to spare) as of me writing this...

And you probably could indeed go to GameStop and "pre-order" the game.

#30 gamerman99 GameBoy

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 08:31 PM

I didn't wanna do it online and have it shipped here, and prefer a physical copy. It was past 9pm EST here and that's when all the stores around me close. Here's hoping I can still get it tomorrow. I'm sure it won't be a big deal. Kicking myself for not just pre-ordering ahead of time. Did you get the UE/season pass?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users