Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time

dragon quest dragon quest xi in search of departed time 3ds ps4 rpg upcoming release localization?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:40 AM

http://gonintendo.co...ced-for-the-nin

http://gonintendo.co...dered-for-the-n

Announced today the 11th mainline entry in the Dragon Quest series, "Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time", was announced for the Nintendo 3DS and PlayStation 4.  The game is due out in Japan sometime by mid-Spring 2016 with no announcement for overseas localization at this time (given the DQ's recent history, I doubt this, 3DS VII, 3DS VIII, and X will cross over to the west).

Of interest is the 3DS version: the game will house both 2D and 3D Dragon Quest gameplay.  On the top screen, the game is in full polygonal 3D (stereoscopic 3D is unknown at this time).  On the bottom screen, the same game is in full retro sprite-based 2D.   This changes when you enter battle though.  Depending on your taste, you can have battles (traditional JRPG turn-based, housed entirely on the top screen) in fully polygonal 3D or retro sprite-based 2D.  It all depends on whether you use the Circle or Control Pads out in the fields and dungeons.  ;)

If you want to see the Playstation 4 gameplay trailer:  http://gematsu.com/2...nounced-ps4-3ds

Be warned though.  Square did not show off the battle system in the PS4 version.

Edited by Ngamer01, 28 July 2015 - 08:42 AM.

#2 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:01 AM

http://gonintendo.co...xi-coming-to-nx

Today Square has announced the NX will get Dragon Quest XI.  It's unknown if it will be a port of the PS4 version or a modified 3DS version.

Coming from a Nintendo Dream interview with Dragon Quest series creator Yuji Horii, Pokemon series producer Junichi Masuda, and Super Smash Bros. series director Masahiro Sakurai...

Masahiro Sakurai: Well then, I would like to ask about each of your new games. First, Dragon Quest XI. The 11th installment in the series will be released simultaneously on Nintendo 3DS and PlayStation 4, and including NX it’s coming out on three platforms, right?

Yuji Horii: That’s right. The use of hardware is different for each system, so it’s quite a challenge.

Sakurai: Thank you for working so hard.

Horii: However, we’re making the 3DS version in both 3D and 2D. I asked my staff, “Is that something we can do?” And they said, “We’ll do it.” So we decided, “then let’s do it.”

Junichi Masuda: I get the feeling that means there will be four versions across three platforms then, yeah?

Horii: That’s right. There are a lot of difficulties because of that. Each one has a different look to it, and there’s also a PlayStation 4 version, so if we make a small fix then we have to fix it across every version.

Sakurai: I see. Including things like the release date, it gets dreadful when development is inevitably drawn out and the debugging piles up… But shifting away from the release date, they’re not going to be released apart from each other, right? Since Dragon Quest games are story-driven.

Horii: That’s right. Spoilers will emerge if we release one version earlier. (Laughs.) However, we’re a little concerned about the sense of distance in movement. It’s different for each of the supported hardware.

Sakurai: Oh, is that so?

Horii: The movement in the 2D of the 3DS version, and the movement in the 3D of the 3DS version and the PlayStation 4 version definitely feels different when it’s in action. However, there are concerns when making several versions at the same time, and to that extent it’s difficult, so we’re making the game to the best of our ability.

Sakurai: I made Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U at the same time, but it was nevertheless difficult. Since you’re making it for hardware from different companies, I would think that it’s even more difficult, so please by all means do your best.

Horii: Indeed. All of the staff is working very hard, so please look forward to it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dragon quest, dragon quest xi, in search of departed time, 3ds, ps4, rpg, upcoming release, localization?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users