Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

SSB: The Thread of Leaks & Rumors. SPOILER WARNING!

super smash bros. for nintendo 3ds for wii u rumors leaks spoilers discussion stay out if you hate spoilers ultimate

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#11 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,545 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 12:12 PM

Layton? GET HYPE.I don't care that it's only a rumor right now, the very possibility of having Layton in SSB is enough.

As an apparent fan, what could Layton do in Sm4sh to make him... I dunno, a good fit whatsoever? I'm okay with an Assist Trophy appearance, but as a full-on roster character I can't see him as anything more than a waste of time and resources.

#12 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

The Villain of Mario Kart

• Flaahgra
  • 2,163 posts
  • Nintendo ID:RobokW
  • 3DS Code:3523-2685-0069

Posted 23 August 2015 - 12:28 PM

Make his final Smash a pixel hunt.

#13 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 01:49 PM

Why do people keep mentioning Assist Trophies as a possibility? How on Earth does that make sense as DLC? How would that even work?

Also, a Shovel Knight amiibo has been rumored. There was a picture floating around that was confirmed fake, but it seems there's still more to the rumor.

#14 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

• Flaahgra
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 03:05 PM

Why do people keep mentioning Assist Trophies as a possibility?

For the same reason I had a hard time imagining Duck Hunt as a fighter. That damn dog exceeded my expectations.

#15 G-tech

G-tech

Level 1

• War Wasp
  • 205 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 06:26 PM

As an apparent fan, what could Layton do in Sm4sh to make him... I dunno, a good fit whatsoever? I'm okay with an Assist Trophy appearance, but as a full-on roster character I can't see him as anything more than a waste of time and resources.

He said ignoring the video of Layton swordfighting. :P

I'd say Phoenix Wright in Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 is good example of taking elements of the character's game and applying them into a fighting game.

What? Were you expecting an embedded video? Go look it up yourself, yes bum.

#16 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,545 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 07:37 PM

He said ignoring the video of Layton swordfighting. :P
I'd say Phoenix Wright in Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 is good example of taking elements of the character's game and applying them into a fighting game.
What? Were you expecting an embedded video? Go look it up yourself, yes bum.

Hahah, I couldn't see it at the time, but I just watched it now. I don't think he usually swordfights... But from this vid, I see that every one of his moves will be a counter or blocking move. :P Zero KO potential, and that's against a for whose "Body can't take it" xD!!! /ihopemybodycantakeit.wmv

#17 SuperTeeter64

SuperTeeter64

That Sam Guy

• Grenchler
  • 781 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:41 PM

Captain Falcon, Game & Watch, Duck Hunt dog, Wii Fit Trainer, R.O.B.

All characters I never could imagine in a fighting game but it became a thing.

So if Layton somehow did become playable, I think it's safe to say we've had even weirder turn-outs for characters.

I wouldn't mind Layton or Shovel Knight, both would be really cool and different, so I support it. No idea what they'd do for Layton if it was a real thing, but that's the fun surprise!

#18 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,545 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:37 PM

Why do people keep mentioning Assist Trophies as a possibility? How on Earth does that make sense as DLC? How would that even work?

The same way stages work for people who don't buy DLC but still have to update for stability--you don't pay. Assist Trophies would be a free update that adds more characters/content/depth/bullshit to the game. Layton can say some dumb bullshit and then slice the fucking screen into 12 sliced square tiles and then start shifting all the tiles around like a puzzle that obstructs the fucking shit out of the game, which is guaranteed to be loads of fun, which is proof that they really did think of everything!

I wouldn't mind Layton or Shovel Knight, both would be really cool and different, so I support it.

Shovel Knight has no fucking business in Smash whatsoever. He has no legacy, and no ties to Nintendo other than the game debuted on Wii U and 3DS... and PC. Get the fuck out of Smash, Indie Masterpiece.

#19 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:47 PM

But thing is I don't at all see them going through the costs of recording dialog for, modeling, texturing, and animating a character that's exclusively going to be given out for free via Title Update. Especially when it's a third party characters.

And I'd say Shovel Knight has a great claim at Smash. The game is a highly popular love letter to classic Nintendo that has effectively become the de facto mascot of Nintendo's big "Nindie" initiative. Shovel Knight represents a major aspect of modern Nintendo, one that he could justifiably represent in-game.

#20 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

• Flaahgra
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:46 PM

Shovel knight? No thanks.
Layton= yes
Birdo = yes
Ray mk3 = yes
Rayman = yes
Wonder Red = yes
Anthony Higgs= remember me?
Simon Belmont = yes

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: super smash bros., for nintendo 3ds, for wii u, rumors, leaks, spoilers, discussion, stay out if you hate spoilers, ultimate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users