• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:37 PM

Unravel was probably one of the more surprising announcements of this year's E3. A physics-based, puzzle platform game from EA and Coldwood Interactive, Unravel was a surprisingly charming and intimate game to be shown off so thoroughly by a major publisher at a venue like EA. You play as a figure made from red yarn, who must use his yarn to overcome various obstacles as he progresses through the northern Sweden-inspired environment.

Today, EA releases a brand new gameplay trailer detailing a level from the game:

Here's the original reveal from E3 as well:

Honestly I'm pretty excited for this as a love smaller, more intimate titles in this vein.

#2 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,548 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 02:47 PM

So here's the review to the game that 129 views stopped by to see this thread but 0 of which bothered to leave a comment. :P

The GameTrailers review, that is. Their penultimate review.

One of the biggest turn-offs about this for me is that the game leaves too much to player interpretation: "The game's ultimate message doesn't emotionally resonate as much as intended... You get the idea that Unravel has quite a lot to say, but never really finds an effective way to say it."

Also, they say that many of the stages end anticlimactically with just a common/simple puzzle, "letting go of the momentum that other sections built up."

Still sounds like a solid [indie] game, though.

7.5/10

I just don't think I wanna pay $15 for it. :P

The biggest draw of this game to me is the graphics, but ehh, I'll get the same experience from Pikmin 4. :P

#3 NecroPony

NecroPony

Level 1

• Zoomer
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 08:17 AM

Necro'ing for selfish reasons. Has anyone played the game? Is it any good? It's one of those that I've considered picking up, but always seem to forget about when I have money.

#4 SuperTeeter64

SuperTeeter64

That Sam Guy

• Grenchler
  • 781 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 04:51 PM

This guy on YouTube I watch reviewed it long while back.

#5 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 06:23 PM

I've only played the first two levels, I keep letting it get backburnered, but from what I played I really liked it. Gameplay is a bit simple, but it's one of those nice, calming "experience" games with a real cool vibe to it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Unravel, EA, Xbox One, PS4, PC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users