5 replies to this topic

#1 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,211 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:51 PM

http://gonintendo.co...th-america-soon

Today NoA announced "Vs. Excitebike" will come to Virtual Console (which eShop is unknown currently) this Thursday.  It will be an import title since it was one of a number of "Vs. Series" games that never came to America back when the NES and arcades were prominent.

The difference between the "Vs. Series" and the NES/Famicom originals comes down to added local multiplayer, enhanced presentation, and sometimes even one or more bonus levels (and features) included.

So the difference with "Vs. Excitebike" compared to NES "Excitebike" is the Vs. edition adds 2-player local multiplayer that includes cooperative (2-players vs. the CPU) and competitive (1-Player vs. 2-Player) and new music.  There's also an option to save custom made tracks, but no idea if that feature will be left out of the "Vs. Excitebike" Virtual Console release.

I hope "Vs. Excitebike" can do well and we can get a few of the other "Vs. Series" games that have the potential for re-release or be imported to America for the first time.

Giant Bomb has a list of notable games in the "Vs. Series":

http://www.giantbomb...ries/3025-1573/

They have some images from "Vs. Excitebike" and when the game was shown off at PAX 2008:

http://www.giantbomb...0-22005/images/

Edited by Ngamer01, 24 August 2015 - 01:52 PM.

#2 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,548 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:00 PM

Excite Bike is one of the most boring fucking games of the NES era. I never played it back in the day, so it still has no nostalgia factor over me, but I am certain that it'd be one of the games that I pop in and then remove again within ten minutes because of the boring, go-nowhere, suck factor. Now they're adding a Commiseration Mode™, in which I can curse those wasted minutes with comrade, so long as I find another pitiful soul to sit down and play this shit within 50 feet from me. Cuz, I mean, online play is for hipster fags; local multiplayer is where it's at.

Edited by Plant42, 24 August 2015 - 03:45 PM.

#3 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

The Villain of Mario Kart

• Flaahgra
  • 2,163 posts
  • Nintendo ID:RobokW
  • 3DS Code:3523-2685-0069

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:12 PM

Im on the same page as Plant here. I liked Excite bike back in the day, but like Track and Field, I stopped liking these kind of games once the snes and its amazing rpg library and Star Fox came into existence. And even then, I really don't want to revisit Star Fox either.

#4 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:44 PM

The real draw for ExciteBike back in the day was the track editor, which was fairly unique. I know my dad loved ExciteBike at the time haha.

#5 Hollis_

Hollis_

Level 1

• Geemer
  • 111 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:10 PM

I remember buying Excitebike back when Nintendo put out those NES Remakes on GBA? I think I played it for like 15 minutes and went back to playing Zero Mission.

#6 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,211 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 04:22 PM

I guess with Sin & Punishment taking the VC helm this week and the fact NoA has a Builder's Week going on, "Vs. Excitebike" is coming next week, not this week as originally thought.

Also here's a gameplay video from "Vs. Excitebike"  (Original Excite Mode):

Edited by Ngamer01, 27 August 2015 - 04:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users