Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse - Sept 20th.

#onlyRobokcares SMT4 3DS Slimer?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

The Villain of Mario Kart

• Flaahgra
  • 2,159 posts
  • Nintendo ID:RobokW
  • 3DS Code:3523-2685-0069

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:10 PM

Well it's like my birthday. Eccentric RPG maker, Atlus, has decided to make a new game based off of Shin Megami Tensei 4. It seems like a direct sequel, though they're not calling it that yet, since SMT games usually have four or more alternate endings.

SMT IV: Final

20151005_0903271.png

Here is some art from Atlus.

560e5dea922e9.jpg

Ow, the edge. Why the hell is does Navarre look like Slimer? Atlus, that's why. Also demon titties on the left make me feel better that this won't be some kid's game (I was worried when I saw Slimer Navarre) This is the most color I've seen in an SMT promo.

Here are some articles if you're interested.

http://www.siliconer...inal-announced/

http://www.siliconer...ck-from-smt-iv/

http://www.siliconer...and-characters/

Seems like a big focus is put on the characters this time, which is cool. I wonder how this will play out, as this is a definite day one buy for me if they localize it! :)

Edited by Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok, 27 July 2016 - 07:24 AM.

#2 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,526 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:08 PM

Is this really what you'd want, though? I thought you'd take it more as, "Thanks for another mainline SMT game, but damn... why did you (1.) make is a 3DS game, (2.) make it a follow-up to SMT4 instead of a brand new SMT5, and (3.) all but confirm another 2D-sprited RPG instead of a fully-3D-rendered game world a la Nocturne? ;^;"

I'm not into this series, but the numbering/naming system still kinda bothers me. :P I kinda wanted that SMT5 to get announced just because you were talking about it recently, and now that a rare mainline entry shows up, it's not a new game altogether, but a piggyback from a previous one... and its title is fuckin dumb, "FINA L" (which is Japan enough on its own, but also with an awkward space before the L for whatever reason). ^__^;;

#3 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

• Flaahgra
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 11:29 PM

Is this really what you'd want, though? I thought you'd take it more as, "Thanks for another mainline SMT game, but damn... why did you (1.) make is a 3DS game, (2.) make it a follow-up to SMT4 instead of a brand new SMT5,

I didn't know I wanted it, but now I do.

Why can't I have this and 5? I'm thinking they started this as SMT5, decided the 3DS wasn't the best platform for 5 anymore, made FINAL tie in to the story of the previous game, and are starting a new game for the ps4. #dreams.

(to me, this isn't cheesy Devil Survivor or persona, this is a real smt game. At least that's how this reads in the description. Everything except that slimer)

Also, did you notice that space you talk about in FINA L is an anarchy symbol covering a peace sign? muh edge ouch

Edited by Robok, 06 October 2015 - 11:33 PM.

#4 Kezay

Kezay

Level 2

• X Parasite
  • 573 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 01:19 AM

Of course, I'm all over this.  Looking forward to the story this game brings to the table.

#5 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,526 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 04:01 AM

I didn't read it as an anarchy symbol because the the A is squashed over to the side, but I guess I had to do that to show what's beneath it. I couldn't tell for sure what was the image behind it. I thought it mighta been a peace sign, but I wasn't at all sure. I guess I am now. :P

#6 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

• Flaahgra
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:36 AM

I found a bunch of scans online of the Famitsu article about the game. I like what I see, ESPECIALLY the redesigns of the demons. They were pretty ugly in IV, and it looks like they went with a more traditional look for IV FINA L.

I spoilered them to save space, but some may be 2lewd4U.

First off, here's the old designs for Lucifer and Medusa:

Spoiler

Here are just some scans and screen pixies for you.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I like the protag's design the most. I think most old school SMT fans are annoyed at the androgyny of the character, but I like that it could be a girl or a guy depending on who you are as a player. Most SMT "heroes" are guys, this time it can be either. Though I think canonically, the protag will be a guy. This Donte punk rock look is cool to me.

Lol in the last scan, Slimer is flying around with the protag. good grief. Hopefully it's funny and not completely trying to be serious.

As far as I can tell from the battle system, press turns are back as well as companion AI controlled NPC's in the battle. Also, don't put all your stats into STR. Lol Atlus employee can't play his own game.

Edited by Robok, 07 October 2015 - 10:15 AM.

#7 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

• Flaahgra
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:57 AM

More news:

Detailed story premise:

The stage is set in Tokyo of the year 203X.

In order to avoid destruction from the war against the gods that suddenly broke out 25 years prior, thick bedrock was made to cover the sky, which also prevented any contact with those outside.

It wasn’t long until the battle ended, and the people of Tokyo began to fight and murder others for the little amount of supplies and resources that remained, as they’ve become ruled over by the angels and demons that stood atop the food chain.

The protagonist (voiced by Hiro Shimono) has been spending his days as an apprentice of an organization called the Outlaw Hunters. He takes a surprise attack from a demon while out on a mission, then dies.

After his death, the protagonist wanders around the kingdom of Hades, and it’s where he encounters the Majin (Demon God) known as “Daguza” (shown above). The young man reluctantly comes to an agreement with Daguza, who had plans of his own...

I feel weird copy and pasting someone's article so here's the link.

Read more at http://www.siliconer...DchSTW27zMKt.99

Typical SMT plot. A demon with ulterior motives wants to "help" you get started. As you play and learn about the world and make moral choices you start branching away from the plan or sticking to it. 

#8 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,526 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 07:16 AM

First trailer! :3

#9 torgo

torgo

Grand Poobah of Chozo Shriners

• Kraid
  • 3,409 posts
  • Nintendo ID:TorgoKong
  • 3DS Code:3866-8871-2120

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:22 AM

The stage is set in Tokyo of the year 203X.

Wait, isn't this when the Space Pirates attacked the deep space research spaceship and seized a capsule containing and unknown life-form that had been discovered on Planet SR388?

#10 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

• Flaahgra
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 11:40 AM

First trailer! :3

Wowowowowow that music is killlller!!!! That's a remix of a remixed classic mid boss battle! Damn I'm hype for this game!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users