Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse - Sept 20th.

#onlyRobokcares SMT4 3DS Slimer?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

The Villain of Mario Kart

• Flaahgra
  • 2,163 posts
  • Nintendo ID:RobokW
  • 3DS Code:3523-2685-0069

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:36 AM

Man, this boss theme is rocking

Anyway, here's all the excitement of menu based combat amplified by having to drudge through it with 3 other people questioning your choices in front of a camera. Awkward.

Halfway through Medusa asks a question which the answer you give probably either effects your morality alignment or, sometimes, your answer will make her mad and drop her defense but raise her attack. Not really spoilery because I don't speak Japanese, but in this instance it seems like the question was a morality one since one of the NPCs gave the answer.

The fact that they're laughing so much while playing is a good sign too. The series is retaining it's serious yet over the top humor too - sometimes it doesn't translate well.

Edited by Robok, 13 October 2015 - 05:55 AM.

#12 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

• Flaahgra
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 06:52 AM

More story info.

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final producer Kazuyuki Yamai recently shared the latest on the upcoming game during a NicoNico Live stream. Here are some of the details that were discussed during the show.

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final won’t be like Shin Megami Tensei IV with the Chaos and Law routes, but it will be all “Neutral” but with multiple endings.

They say that you don’t need to have played or completed Shin Megami Tensei IV to enjoy Final, but there will be references here and there that will bring a smile to those that have played it.

The “gauntlet” shown on the protagonist is actually his smartphone. They say that the ones worn in Shin Megami Tensei IV could be considered a smartphones as well, but in a different form. The “Partner” system will be something different for Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final. There will be other human characters besides Asahi who will appear as Partners. The “Assist Attack” system will have your Partners show up when you’re in a pinch. You’ll also get to “raise” human characters as well as demons.

Conversations for recruiting demons have been completely renewed.

The main character will be a silent protagonist.

Demons will be able to use various types of magic, even if they don’t specialize at them. When they use the magic they specialize at, they’ll be more effective.

Demon stats have been completely changed up, so those who played Shin Megami Tensei IV will experience something different.

Yamai says that Isabeau will be in Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final, and as for Flynn he says “stay tuned for more.”

He also reassures fans that Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final doesn’t mean “final” of the series, but rather, the end of Shin Megami Tensei IV. He mentions that Shin Megami Tensei V, Shin Megami Tensei VI, and so on will still keep coming, so not to worry.

So this follows the neutral ending! That's why Isabeau is back. The more I read the more I get excited that they're putting effort into making this a continuation of the craziness that was IV's stoy. IV really had one of the better stories in mainline games I've played, albeit still not great compared to many jprgs. These games are so well designed. And these designs are already sticking to me, I think they must hire fashion artists and the like to design the armor because, it always looked good in IV. (minus the Amazon.com armor)

#13 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

• Flaahgra
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 06:10 AM

Some isolated BGM tracks from the new game. I like that they're sticking with the electronic rock that IV had, but I think these aren't as good. I love the little melody sounds in the second boss track though.

#14 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

• Flaahgra
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:42 AM

The thigh high warrior sock princess is back. Everyone's favorite haircut too

l_56446da089462_thumb.jpg

l_56446da087183.jpg

l_56446da08521f.jpg

sauce: http://www.siliconer...tner-character/

(inb4 Plant can't unsee the red fingernail paint I just pointed out)

Edited by Robok, 17 November 2015 - 06:45 AM.

#15 torgo

torgo

Grand Poobah of Chozo Shriners

• Kraid
  • 3,414 posts
  • Nintendo ID:TorgoKong
  • 3DS Code:3866-8871-2120

Posted 17 November 2015 - 07:59 AM

Chicks with sideburns? What kinda game is this? :O

#16 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

• Flaahgra
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 07:20 AM

The above video gives us a look at a video showing some off Nozomi’s story. She explains that she was once an Outlaw Hunter, but has since then taken over the role of a Fairy Queen in order to protect the fairies and their forest.

--okay... because Atlus, I get it

Nozomi is called the “Fairy Queen,” as she rules the forest of fairies. She was previously an Outlaw Hunter like the protagonist. She has a bit of an older-sister personality, and will be there to guide and support the protagonist and friends.

My friend's older sister did not dress like this

l_5665076cc155e.jpg

source http://www.siliconer...GJmyRtbGVwsi.99

Edited by Robok, 12 December 2015 - 07:21 AM.

#17 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

• Flaahgra
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 07:48 AM

This game is coming to the US in "Summer 2016".

Here's the new story trailer. Not as epic as the prequel but SMT fans will get what's going on thematically

#18 torgo

torgo

Grand Poobah of Chozo Shriners

• Kraid
  • 3,414 posts
  • Nintendo ID:TorgoKong
  • 3DS Code:3866-8871-2120

Posted 31 May 2016 - 09:40 AM

Here's the new story trailer. Not as epic as the prequel but SMT fans will get what's going on thematically

That didn't make any sense to me on a level deeper than the basic story premise, but I'm glad to see (or hear, as the case may be) that they're using APST* for this game.

* Advanced Purring Sound Technology

#19 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,548 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 01:19 PM

So, FINA L™ is now A POCALYPSE.

Also, this is coming out a lot sooner than I had expected. Maybe even before Tokyo Monzetsu Roku Sushi Massage Session. I forgot what the date is on that one.

>>Edit: Wait, nope: Performa Hashtag-Feh launches on June 24th.

Edited by PBluafnotr4d2, 31 May 2016 - 03:20 PM.

#20 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

• Flaahgra
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:36 AM

September 20th Release Date.

I'm hoping this is the last handheld SMT game and they move on to bigger machines like PS4 or NX(?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users