Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Rumor - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

nintendo wii u eShop the legend of zelda twilight princess rumors hd remake?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,211 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 04:50 PM

A data-miner uncovered a menu icon for Twilight Princess in the Wii U eShop.  This could point to any number of things.  Or it could be nothing at all.  This is only a rumor.

Idea 1:  Nintendo floated the idea of a GameCube for Virtual Console, but nothing ever came of it.  The Wii U bombing probably didn't help matters.

Idea 2 and the more probable one:  Nintendo is looking to release the Wii version of TP for Virtual Console.  They already made a few other Wii games available this way.

Idea 3 and highly doubtful:  Nintendo is making TP HD.  I really doubt it since we just got a remake (Majora's Mask on 3DS).  We're on the block for new Zeldas now with Tri Force Heroes first followed by Zelda Wii U (or NX) next year.  If anything a remake won't happen until after Zelda Wii U is out (2017 will be my guess unless Zelda Wii U gets delayed for 2017 leading to a stop-gap being needed for 2016 -- like TP HD maybe?).

Remeber GREZZO helped in Tri Force Heroes, so any development they start on now regarding remakes is at least two years away unless Nintendo puts another team in with GREZZO to speed up development.  Also why would they reuse 2006 TP art if they will remake most things in HD anyways?

Idea 4:  It could be just a placeholder/test icon and Nintendo forgot to remove it from the servers.  So nothing to see here if that's the case.

Idea 5:  It's just a promotional item to advertise a service...like Virtual Console for example.  It wouldn't be the first time Nintendo  used "prototype" imagery to advertise a service even if the image from a game/IP that's used never is fully explored for Virtual Console.

So what do you think?

Edited by Ngamer01, 12 November 2015 - 04:45 PM.

#2 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 04:55 PM

I guarantee you it's just for the Wii game on the Wii U eShop. If it was a GCN VC game, it would have a Virtual Console banner stating as much on the icon, like all VC games (plus, launching a GCN VC with a game available on Wii makes little sense). If it was for a remaster, it would have new artwork, not just a shrunk down version of the box art, and it also wouldn't already be hosted.

#3 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,211 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 06:13 AM

http://gonintendo.co...-rumors-persist

Apparently data-miners found a full listing/number for TP that reads "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD" in the Wii U eShop.  Until we see what Nintendo does, these are all rumors for now.

But if this turns out true, it wouldn't make any sense.  What team would have been available for the past two years to make a HD remake here?

Edited by Ngamer01, 14 October 2015 - 06:14 AM.

#4 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 12:57 PM

Yeah I saw that last night. Looks like I was at least partly wrong, but yeah, it's still weird. I'm still not convinced it's coming, but I suppose it could.

That said, a Twilight Princess HD wouldn't have needed two years. They completed Wind Waker HD in 6 months, and around that time they had completed at least some work on a Wii U remaster of Twilight Princess, which was scrapped in favor of Wind Waker. If this is legit, they probably either set aside a small team for a couple months finish up development of the project, or farmed it out to another studio (maybe even an internal Monolith Soft or Retro Studios). Likely to make up for the delay of Zelda U (and possibly even Star Fox Zero).

#5 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

The Villain of Mario Kart

• Flaahgra
  • 2,163 posts
  • Nintendo ID:RobokW
  • 3DS Code:3523-2685-0069

Posted 14 October 2015 - 04:56 PM

If they make a second quest AND let you start it as soon as you boot up the game.. I'll be up for this.

#6 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 05:43 PM

If they make a second quest AND let you start it as soon as you boot up the game.. I'll be up for this.

I would love a more difficult mode... But less difficult than other Zelda's second quests. Sadly I don't think that will happen. Just the too easy mode and a too hard mode. :(

#7 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,548 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:29 PM

I would love a more difficult mode... But less difficult than other Zelda's second quests. Sadly I don't think that will happen. Just the too easy mode and a too hard mode. :(

Man up! None of the Second Quests/Hard Moads (of the Zelda games worth playing, anyway) are too hard. The only thing that's maybe too hard is getting the Hylian Shield on Hard Moad in Skyward Sword. Still, that's an optional trinket, and shouldn't be too hard with the right strategery and a little luck of boss arrangements.

Anyway, if this HD shit is real, I dunno if I'd buy in. If they reworked all of the bosses so that none of them would be pussies, then maybe I'd go for it. Also, textures would need to be reworked; glorious high-def resolution of muddy-ass low-res textures are still muddy-ass and low-res.

Edited by Plant42, 15 October 2015 - 01:32 PM.

#8 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 02:34 PM

Let me put it another way. It's not too hard for me to complete, just too hard for me to find it enjoyable.

#9 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,211 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 06:20 AM

In the financial briefing from last night, Nintendo released a slide featuring various characters.  Most interesting is the model of Link:

http://gonintendo.co...-of-twilight-pr

While the art style may have Skyward Sword influences, the model itself is Link from Twilight Princess.  Link is even in the same stance as the original TP artwork of him shows:

http://static.giantb...ver_01-3-03.jpg

Edited by Ngamer01, 29 October 2015 - 06:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users