#1 torgo

torgo

Grand Poobah of Chozo Shriners

• Kraid
  • 3,414 posts
  • Nintendo ID:TorgoKong
  • 3DS Code:3866-8871-2120

Posted 12 October 2015 - 04:53 PM

Have you done unspeakable things regarding video games recently? Do you need forgiveness?

You've come to the right place, my child. Whether you just finally finished that NES game by using save states ever 20 seconds on the 3DS, or you said nothing while your sibling bought GTA for their 6 year old kid, or you spent the last 3 hours play Candy Crush, you too can find salve for your soul here. Let it all out, and then move on! There probably won't even be too much public ridicule.

Public ridicule is almost certain. Sorry.

#2 torgo

torgo

• Kraid
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 04:56 PM

I'll start this off (partly why I created the thread).

Chozo, forgive me, for I have sinned. I allowed my daughter to purchase, with her own money, and play, with her own time, Sonic Boom.

In my defense, it does appear to be a game aimed at 8 year olds, because she seems unfazed by the incessant background blabbering that the characters do, and she likes the button-mashing battle system. How many Hail Mother Brains do I need to do?

(Note: Not actually catholic, don't know what actually goes on in a confessional except what TV and movies have taught me, and those usually revolve around being killed by a spy)

#3 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,548 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 05:43 PM

Chozo, forgive me, for I have sinned. I allowed my daughter to purchase, with her own money, and play, with her own time, Sonic Boom.

In my defense, it does appear to be a game aimed at 8 year olds, because she seems unfazed by the incessant background blabbering that the characters do, and she likes the button-mashing battle system. How many Hail Mother Brains do I need to do?

Holy fucking shit man... with her own money?? She bought Sonic Boom???!! Yeah, that'll be over 9,000 Hail Mother Brains. But really, I hope she really likes it. It's possible that she eats that shit up, too. Kids have the most bullshit taste in games, and they don't even realize it. Button mashing isn't necessarily a bad thing. It has a negative connotation, but button masher =/= easy or mindless game. There are plenty of other reasons why Sonic Boom is garbage, but again, if she's literally loving that game, I guess it's money well spent.

(Note: Not actually catholic, don't know what actually goes on in a confessional except what TV and movies have taught me, and those usually revolve around being killed by a spy)

You made me think of this...

Also, I hate how this kid clearly gets shot through the right side of his head yet the bullet goes through the back of it.

#4 torgo

torgo

• Kraid
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 05:50 PM

Holy fucking shit man... with her own money?? She bought Sonic Boom???!! Yeah, that'll be over 9,000 Hail Mother Brains. But really, I hope she really likes it. It's possible that she eats that shit up, too. Kids have the most bullshit taste in games, and they don't even realize it. Button mashing isn't necessarily a bad thing. It has a negative connotation, but button masher =/= easy or mindless game. There are plenty of other reasons why Sonic Boom is garbage, but again, if she's literally loving that game, I guess it's money well spent.

It's not like I was going to spend my money on it. :) But actually, she does like it. She cares not about sub-30FPS issues, or low-res texture problems, or horrible writing. She just likes to run around as Sonic, Amy, Tails, Knuckles the Enchilada, and ... that other thing, and beat stuff up. And it was only $20 (she recently got a windfall of money when we sold some old toys and stuff).

We do keep her away from clearly shovel wear stuff she wants sometimes, like "My Catz Zoo Fun" for the Wii or something. In those cases, she keeps her $5 in her pocket, 'cause those are clearly crap. At least Sonic is a franchise she likes. I just have to make sure I'm not in the room when she plays, because man do those guys go on and on about the same thing for a long time. ;)

#5 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,548 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 05:51 PM

Yeah, I guess that Sonic Boom isn't really utter trash. She could be doing a hell of a lot worse, like Minecraft.

#6 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

The Villain of Mario Kart

• Flaahgra
  • 2,163 posts
  • Nintendo ID:RobokW
  • 3DS Code:3523-2685-0069

Posted 12 October 2015 - 05:52 PM

Forgive me Chozo:

I beat Tyson (Dream) in Punch Out using save states after EVERY PUNCH I landed.
In my console hiatus, when playing and modding flight sims, I stole textures from Quake and used them in a scenery piece that won a community award for its textures.
I liked Other M

Edited by Robok, 12 October 2015 - 06:02 PM.

#7 Testroid

Testroid

Official Chatter

• Zoomer
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 05:53 PM

one time i pooped in a game box and exchanged it for store credit at gamestop.

#8 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 06:01 PM

Forgive me Chozo:

I beat Tyson (Dream) in Punch Out using save states after EVERY PUNCH I landed.

I can top that.

I never beat Super Mario Bros. until basically doing the exact same thing.

#9 torgo

torgo

• Kraid
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 06:03 PM

I liked Other M

There's no need for repentance for this, go with a clear conscience.

It's not liked you said Hunters.

#10 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 06:04 PM

There's no need for repentance for this, go with a clear conscience.

It's not liked you said Hunters.

But Hunters didn't make me want to self-lobotomize after 15 minutes of dialog. :3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users