Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U: Final Video Presentation

nintendo super smash bros. for nintendo 3ds for wii u final sm4sh direct bayonetta corrin fire emblem cloud final fantasy

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,203 posts
  • Nintendo ID:Ngamer01
  • 3DS Code:4038 6174 8183

Posted 15 December 2015 - 04:47 PM

Watch/Rewatch the Direct here (plus PR):

http://gonintendo.co...super-smash-bro

All screens and art from today:

http://gonintendo.co...screens-and-art

If you can't watch the whole Direct, here are the individual trailers (sans Cloud):

Corrin trailer - http://gonintendo.co...-corrin-trailer

Bayonetta trailer - http://gonintendo.co...yonetta-trailer

Mii Fighter Costume Waves 5 and 6 trailer - http://gonintendo.co...ve-5-6-trailers

Cloud should be released along with the next Sm4sh update for Wii U and 3DS.  Please note Cloud counts as a character balance update, so please tend to your replays before updating Sm4sh.  Also expect increased waits as the Sm4sh and eShop servers get hammered after the update is released.

#2 torgo

torgo

Grand Poobah of Chozo Shriners

• Kraid
  • 3,414 posts
  • Nintendo ID:TorgoKong
  • 3DS Code:3866-8871-2120

Posted 15 December 2015 - 06:03 PM

Update, you say? Did something happen? I wonder if anyone noticed. ;)

SmashUpdateFriends.png

#3 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,545 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 06:48 PM

Update, you say? Did something happen? I wonder if anyone noticed. ;)

SmashUpdateFriends.png

Lol, in done for now. Fuck man, gotta study for this damn test. But yeah, Cloud is kinda hard to control at first. Still don't have the hand of him. He had weird lag, and his move inputs don't attack where you'd expect them to (such as his UpTilt wish doesn't get verticality for dick and his DownSmash which doesn't attack in front very much), and his completely inputted UpB has a lot of suicide potential (doesn't really grab the edge unless you're RIGHT on it and falling for while). There's more to it, too. Overall he feels unwieldy (like the Buster Sword itself, lul), but I think I can get the hang of him with a little practice.

Edit:

Hey guys, kinda unrelated, and over a year old, but with a hit count under 1,200 views, I don't think anyone's seen this here, so:

Edited by Plant42, 15 December 2015 - 08:46 PM.

#4 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 09:17 PM

Well, gotta say I never expected Bayonetta haha. I had kind of ignored the possibility of her like a year ago and just kind of forgot to consider it again. It's interesting the Sakurai described her as harder to get into Smash than Cloud (a while back in an interview he described a then-unannounced character that way), given that Nintendo literally owns the second game permanently, but perhaps it was difficult for him to get Nintendo (and the ESRB?) to approve?

Also, it's funny that people are ragging on Corrin for being advertising for an unreleased games since 1) that's literally what Roy was in Melee, and 2) Smash Bros. is kind of one massive Nintendo ad anyway. :P

Altogether, I'd say that simultaneously I had kind of gotten my hopes up for something more outlandish and yet I'm still not disappointed either. Good show all around and I'm pleased with what's to come. A shame that this is the end of the ride though. Here's hoping for that NX remaster with exclusive characters! :P

By the way, I think it's safe to say #fuckonami because I absolutely believe Snake was at the top of the ballot, and potentially other Konami/Hudson characters as welll, and Konami was the reason none of them were *among realizable characters. Still, who knows if we still would have gotten Bayonetta if it weren't for that, but oh well. It's a #fuckonami on principle. :P

#5 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

The Villain of Mario Kart

• Flaahgra
  • 2,163 posts
  • Nintendo ID:RobokW
  • 3DS Code:3523-2685-0069

Posted 15 December 2015 - 11:11 PM

Bayonetta looks so good. It makes me want to play Bayo2 again, which is probably the best game on Wii u. But that's like, my opinion.

#6 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,545 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:10 AM

Roy and Corrin are very different cases. Roy introduced a brand new franchise which was never even heard of in the west, while Corrin is a character from the latest and unreleased game in that same franchise. I absolutely am playing the roster slot squandering card on this one. Sakurai wanted another character, and he bent over backwards to get in this damn character from FE. As of there weren't enough of those already. Gtfo.

#7 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 08:41 AM

I'd say Marth (who was originally planned for Smash 64) introduced Fire Emblem to Smash Bros., Roy just came along for the ride as promotional material for Fire Emblem 6. And neither were actually supposed to be in the non-Japanese releases of Melee anyway, so I wouldn't give them special exemption points for it.

#8 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,545 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:50 PM

I wouldn't call it an exemption. This is totally different. Roy's inclusion is akin to Lucina's inclusion into standalone Sm4sh. Including Marth and Roy into the international versions of SSBM was obviously to give everyone the full experience. I'm pretty sure Marth and Roy were in SSBM long before a western release of any FE games were even planned. Also, this is DLC, which you can't compare to a rigid roster for a new and full game. We already have a plethora of FE characters in Sm4sh--more than its deserved representation, considering other greater franchises with only a single charter to carry their torch. So again, Corrin is forced-as-fuck propaganda bullshit, and Roy was no more "propaganda bullshit" than Lucina (which is nothing compared to this Corrin fagdyke).

#9 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:29 PM

Roy literally served the exact same purpose as Corrin. Fire Emblem 6 was not out yet in Japan and he was included for the sole purpose of promoting that game in that region. Exactly like Corrin, except Corrin is promoting a worldwide release. Lucina was from a game that had been out worldwide for more than a year and a half, and more than two and a half years in Japan. I don't see how Roy is more like that than he is like Corrin, DLC or not.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nintendo, super smash bros., for nintendo 3ds, for wii u, final sm4sh direct, bayonetta, corrin, fire emblem, cloud, final fantasy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users