#1 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

The Villain of Mario Kart

• Flaahgra
  • 2,163 posts
  • Nintendo ID:RobokW
  • 3DS Code:3523-2685-0069

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:42 AM

This thread will have less than 5 responses, but, what are your new years resolutions?

I'm revisiting this thread in 364 days to see if you followed up on them, so... what are they?

Mine?

I want to write a song and sing it at an open mic. It's a personal challenge, and something I've never done before.

I set a reminder in my phone to open this thread, so, NO BULLSHIT!

#2 torgo

torgo

Grand Poobah of Chozo Shriners

• Kraid
  • 3,414 posts
  • Nintendo ID:TorgoKong
  • 3DS Code:3866-8871-2120

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:46 AM

No no, Robok, you did it wrong. You need to start this with, "Most of my friends won't reply to this, only the ones who know what really matters will. Repost, comment, and like if you're one of them." Geez, learn to guilt people, man!

Anyway, I have no resolutions, 'cause New Year's Day is just another day in a man-made system for tracking time. I might as well make a "Every 5th Toilet Flush Resolution" whenever that happens. But that said, good luck with your song plan. And be sure to have someone record it, so we can all cheer you on after the fact!

#3 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

• Flaahgra
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:51 AM

Anyway, I have no resolutions, 'cause New Year's Day is just another day in a man-made system for tracking time.

When did you get all emo, Kafka? Holidays got you down?

Also, thanks for the encouragement. It's the first step into part of a bigger plan for a few years down the road

Edited by Robok, 01 January 2016 - 10:58 AM.

#4 torgo

torgo

Grand Poobah of Chozo Shriners

• Kraid
  • 3,414 posts
  • Nintendo ID:TorgoKong
  • 3DS Code:3866-8871-2120

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:18 AM

When did you get all emo, Kafka? Holidays got you down?

Nah, I haven't done a New Year's resolution in decades. It might have been part of an effort to try to not put off improvements; I can decide to make a change any time I want, rather than saying, "I'll do that at the New Year!" but the actual reasoning has probably been lost to the sands of time.

#5 gamerman99 GameBoy

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 01:38 PM

Lol morgil, we can work out together! I can easily say the hardest things for me are actually getting my fat butt to the gym, and pizza....pizza is my favorite and I eat a lot of it, often.

#6 Kezay

Kezay

Level 2

• X Parasite
  • 575 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:27 AM

Well I started a second degree program in College which I'm planning on finishing up this year so I'm putting my best foot forward to make that happen.

Getting rid of unnecessary clutter. Clothes I don't wear, textbooks that I haven't used/don't plan to use, want to finally get rid of the rest of my Pokemon cards.  All this is stuff I either want to sell and/or give away.

Do more running this year.  I work out a bit as it is but I do very little in the way of cardio so I know I need to work on that.

Also want to clear out my games backlog but games that require some pretty heavy dedication like Xenoblade Chronicles X, Darksiders 2 and Hyrule Warriors is making that slow going, but I'd rather enjoy my time with these games than feel like have to rush through them so if I don't meet this goal it won't tear me up too much.

#7 Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

Bobby Lee "Buford" Robok

• Flaahgra
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:06 AM

Well, new years resolution accomplished.

I wrote two original songs and sang and played them at an open mic last night. I may be a professional bassist, but it's fun being an amateur again with the guitar and singing. No one recognized me, no one knew my reputation as a good musician, there were no expectations of me being good. It was freeing and fun.

I'm already thinking about doing more.

#8 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,540 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 01:50 PM

This is the 5th reply.
/thread.
I have never done a new year's resolution. I may have goals, but never based on the new year.

Fuck, now I wish I had made a resolution to buy NX in 2016 at launch I could fail it. :(

Edited by Plant42, 05 May 2016 - 01:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users