• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 gamerman99 GameBoy

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 05:30 PM

Rather than flooding the shoutbox with a buncha bitchin about the old games, I figured we'd streamline the discussion in a thread, especially since so many of us are replaying the games right now.

I picked up Yellow version. Have about 10 hours in, and 24 PoKeMoN caught. My heavy hitters are Pikachu, Charmeleon, Ivysaur, Mankey, and a newly caught Diglett.

I also wasted way too many Poke Balls trying to catch Abra right away. I'm on the S.S Anne now and to be honest forget if this is where I get the HM for Cut or not. Then I remember the gym is electric type PoKeMoN.

#2 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,548 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 07:33 PM

I got Yellow version too, and I'll prolly be using the same party that I had when I played the game for the first time ever back on my Game Boy Color Pikachu Bundle.

Pikachu_Game_Boy_Color.jpg

That was the first time I ever heard the word "Bundle" used for a video game thing, and I thought that it was something exclusive to that item and not something to be applied to any combo pack item. :P Anyway, my party will probably be Pikachu, Blastoise, Charizard, Venusaur, Pimeape, Snorlax. :3

Edited by Plant42, 28 February 2016 - 07:35 PM.

#3 gamerman99 GameBoy

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:43 PM

Hmm, I'm tryin to use different ones.

Question: where the fuck do I go after the SD Anne, beating Lt. Surge, and the Diglett cave? Snorlax is in the way. Also traded a kid Cleary for a Mr. Mime named Miles (can't wait to change that shit). My 3DS was about dead so it's charging.

#4 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:10 PM

(can't wait to change that shit)

lol, I can't wait until you change it either.

#5 SuperTeeter64

SuperTeeter64

That Sam Guy

• Grenchler
  • 781 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:59 PM

I'm gonna be using the Mew glitch and catching me a Mew. :D

I too also got Yellow version. Plan to have Pikachu learn Surf then trade it to a friend on Red or Blue to evolve it and trade it back to me.

Surfing Raichu. Aw yeah.

Edited by SuperTeeter64, 28 February 2016 - 09:59 PM.

#6 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 10:08 PM

I'm gonna be using the Mew glitch and catching me a Mew. :D

I too also got Yellow version. Plan to have Pikachu learn Surf then trade it to a friend on Red or Blue to evolve it and trade it back to me.

Surfing Raichu. Aw yeah.

You can't teach Pikachu Surf. The only way to do so is through Pokémon Stadium. They did however alter the ROM so that you can play the Surfing Pikachu mini-game without having a Pikachu that knows surf.

#7 SuperTeeter64

SuperTeeter64

That Sam Guy

• Grenchler
  • 781 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 10:23 PM

Ahhhh crap! You're right! I forgot the mini game doesn't give you the move. I thought it did. Awwww maaaaan...!

#8 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,548 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:28 AM

You can't teach Pikachu Surf. The only way to do so is through Pokémon Stadium. They did however alter the ROM so that you can play the Surfing Pikachu mini-game without having a Pikachu that knows surf.

Shit, I had no recollection of this being the case. I take it you're not bullshittin' about this though. Damn, I was planning on surfing my Pikachu, too.

Anyway, last night I caught 3 other pokes, leveled them up, got Pikachu to 11 or 12, got him to learn Quick Attack, OVERWROTE THUNDERSHOCK, and now I have to reload my game to a point when I only had a level 6 Pika or someshit... fuck.

#9 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,548 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 02:51 PM

I'm gonna actually try this shit this time. The glitch wasn't patched!

After this, I'm gonna push that truck in Vermilion City and get my Pikablue.

>>Edit: Holy shit, I was a lot further back than I thought when I last saved. Pikachu is still Level 6, but... I hadn't even gotten Oak's parcel yet... Fuck.

Edited by Plant42, 29 February 2016 - 02:56 PM.

#10 gamerman99 GameBoy

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 04:37 PM

lol, I can't wait until you change it either.

I cant, can I.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users