Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Modern Warfare Remaster confirmed with shit in pants (BUNDLE ONLY)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 02:19 PM

hTRE9Db.png

In case you weren't aware, a Modern Warfare Trilogy remaster got leaked the other day. Well, the official CoD Twitter has basically confirmed it.

Just CoD4, and it has been confirmed to be exclusive to Infinite Warfare special editions.

#2 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,548 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 03:15 PM

Mfw the fucking thread title is about as literal as it gets...

I hadn't heard about a MW Trilogy remaster being announced yet. The only thing I heard was a rumor/evidence that MW1 may be featured in some capacity (campaign only? multiplayer only? both?) with Infinite Warfare (...that name is still fucking dumb).

So what's that supposed to be like, a.... Dootie Chief Collection™?

#3 gamerman99 GameBoy

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 03:55 PM

Mfw poo pants is the response from Cod announcing this -__-

May pick it up if all the online maps are consolidated, which I assumed they'd do right? Never got Halo MCC, but I assume that's what they did there too.

#4 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:20 AM

Mfw the fucking thread title is about as literal as it gets...

I hadn't heard about a MW Trilogy remaster being announced yet. The only thing I heard was a rumor/evidence that MW1 may be featured in some capacity (campaign only? multiplayer only? both?) with Infinite Warfare (...that name is still fucking dumb).

So what's that supposed to be like, a.... Dootie Chief Collection™?

Originally it was just CoD4 that was leaked/rumored, but then some entries online popped up indicating it might be a collection. That may not actually be the case though. A Canadian advertisement has confirmed that CoD4 Remastered will in fact be bundled with Infinite Warfare's Legacy Edition bundle. This doesn't necessarily mean a trilogy release couldn't also be coming, but it doesn't seem like a sure thing.

Additionally, it looks like CoD4 Remastered will only feature 10 of the game's maps. The original launched with 17 maps and received an additional 4 via DLC.

May pick it up if all the online maps are consolidated, which I assumed they'd do right? Never got Halo MCC, but I assume that's what they did there too.

Yes. Well, sort of. There are mixed playlists as well as individual game playlists. Team Slayer features all 5 games.

#5 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,548 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 03:48 AM

I wouldn't know what I'm missing with the multiplayer maps, so that doesn't bother me. Again, I'm more interested in the campaign. Any word on whether that'll be included in the remake?

#6 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 03:55 AM

Yes. Campaign plus the 10 maps.

And um, don't expect a "remake" lol. It's Activision. It'll be a 1080p port with maybe some cleaned up textures.

#7 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 06:50 AM

CoD 4 launched with 16 maps (the 17th was PC only).

WARNING: The following content contains sarcasm. Reader discretion is advised

Seriously though, looks like some of the CoD4 maps won't be brought back at all for the remaster or will be relegated to map pack DLC only.

Edited by Ngamer01, 29 April 2016 - 06:50 AM.

#8 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 03:28 AM

Confirmed to be just CoD4: MW.

Skip to 2:58.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
One of the most critically acclaimed titles in the series, inspired by overwhelming community interest, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is being remastered for current generation consoles. Executive produced by Infinity Ward and developed by Raven, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered puts players into a modern-day action-thriller filled with the heart-stopping moments that made it one of the most critically-acclaimed games of all-time.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered boasts vibrant current generation visuals, with fully improved texture resolution and detail, high-dynamic range lighting, lit and shadowing VFX particles, revamped animation and audio, stunning sound, and much more. Fans will relive the full, iconic campaign as they're transported around the globe with Capt. Price, Gaz and Soap across all the missions from the original game, including "All Ghillied Up," "Charlie Don't Surf," and "Crew Expendable."

Players will also experience the online multiplayer mode that redefined Call of Duty by introducing killstreaks, XP, Prestige and more, and battle head-to-head in 10 fan-favorite maps from the original multiplayer mode, including classics such as "Crash," "Backlot" and "Crossfire."

So far it seems to only be bundled with Infinite Warfare Legacy and Deluxe editions. No news of a standalone release.

#9 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,548 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 04:00 AM

Comparison of old environments to new ones.

#10 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 01:05 PM

In related news, Activision discontinued the CoD 4: Modern Warfare Reflex online servers on Wii:

http://gonintendo.co...vers-taken-down

That leaves Modern Warfare 3 Reflex, Black Ops 1 Wii, and Goldeneye Wii servers as the final official servers left up from the NWFC era -- homebrew aside.

I have no idea if Activision will kill off the 360/PS3/PC servers for CoD4 to promote CoD 4 Remaster/Infinite Warfare, but it is possible.  I wouldn't put it past Activision to force everyone to "upgrade".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users