• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:14 PM

Giving this its own topic in Gaming to give it more attention. Being the probably the highest profile game-to-film yet.

First impression: Looks... Good? Think there's some potential here. Will be interesting to see how audiences reacts to The Matrix meets historical action epic.

#2 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,548 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 03:54 AM

And he dives hundreds of feet into a hay stack at the end? You can get away with this in a game, but it's lot harder to swallow this shit in a live action movie. :P

#3 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,548 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 05:18 PM

Found this on FB: "Assassin's Creed Trailer Without Shit Music."

This is much better...

but it'll never happen. They fucking should, though. One thing that made Silent Hill so fuckin awesome was the music ripped straight from the various games. Fuck, I wanna watch Silent Hill again, now.

#4 Admin Prime

Prime

Elder of Skytown

• Admin Chozo Elder
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 05:25 PM

The movie itself will likely have a traditional score rather than a licensed soundtrack. I imagine they will also be taking cues from the games' music. (Especially since Ubisoft is heavily involved here)

Jed Kurzel is the composer, and here's his most recent work:

Macbeth also had the same director (his brother, Justin Kurzel), so odds are this is fairly representative. (interesting, it also stars Fassbender)

Also, the games themselves have typically had licensed tracks for their trailers as well by the way.

#5 gamerman99 GameBoy

gamerman99

Chozo Myth Keeper

• GameBoy GameBoy
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 05:29 PM

Watched the trailer because some of the guys I work with said it looked cool. They were right.

Also, I loved that I could search 'Ass Creed Trailer' on YouTube and it pulled up asthe first hit.

#6 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,548 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 05:33 PM

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Assassins Creed, Ubisoft, movie, film

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users