• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fushigisaur

Fushigisaur

Level 2

• Sheegoth
  • 675 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 01:24 PM

So a while back, info started popping up of a possible Mega Man cartoon set to premier in 2017. Man of Action, the creators of the series Ben 10, are the studio behind the series.

I was cautiously optimistic at first. Ben 10 was a good show with good animation, and if it was anything like the Archie comics it had to be at least decent, right?

Today the first real information on the series surfaced beyond the fact that it exists. It's not much, just a single image and the show's premise.

CjZE9DHUoAETW9O.jpg_large.jpg

http://deadline.com/...ion-1201762975/

The series will focus ss on the school life of Mega Man, now called Aki for inexplicable reasons, when he discovers he has the secret ability to transform into a armored warrior, or, something.

I hate to judge something on so little, but there really isn't anything good here. The art style looks like bad fanart, the premise is recycled from the short lived Dreamwave comics, and it deviates way too much from the source material.

Maybe as more information comes up leading to the show's 2017 premier, it will start to look better. But as it is now, I'm not expecting much.

Edited by Fushigisaur, 26 May 2016 - 01:26 PM.

#2 Prowl 1701

Prowl 1701

Level 4

• Phazon Metroid
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 12:02 AM

I'm not liking the look of this at all. The picture looks like Mega Man and Tron had a baby.

I think I'd rather just find the 90's series on DVD, it was really good.

#3 Ngamer01

Ngamer01

Level 9000

• Odama
  • 6,174 posts
  • Nintendo ID:Ngamer01
  • 3DS Code:4038 6174 8183

Posted 28 May 2016 - 06:15 AM

I think they intended this Mega Man to be a spin-off from all past Mega Man series (Classic, X, Legends, Zero, Battle Network, and Star Force).  Like if the new series does well enough, it could poke Capcom into making Mega Man games again (even if they are based on the new cartoon) or at least license the IP out to other devs to make the new Mega Man games.

Edited by Ngamer01, 28 May 2016 - 07:26 AM.

#4 Lame "PBluafnotr4d2" 87421F

PBluafnotr4d2

Chozo Turbo Kitten

• Lame "Buford" 87421F
  • 13,527 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 08:35 AM

"Bad fan art" his the nail on the head, is be down with a new Mega Man TV show, but this barely seems Mega Man-related at all. All things considered, the terrible design ends up being my favorite part of it all. I don't keep up with shows like this anymore, but this sounds even worse/unrelated than Sonic Boom. I never saw the show, but I guess it'd be like the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users